• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

libitina

libitina

the ugliest girl in the world
May 30, 2023
i have a therapy session booked today with a new therapist and there's no way i can make it to her office on my own. i've never even been to her office before. i struggle with severe social anxiety..i can't leave the house on my own without feeling like i'm gonna have a panic attack. i wanna cancel the appointment but it's too late now.

i feel so weak. like, i can't even do the most basic shit in life. i can't function like a normal human being. my parents are so disappointed in me and it would be best if i just ctb'd already.

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
Understood, this world is painful and therapy isn't always helpful either, sadly.

Reactions: libitina
libitina

libitina

May 30, 2023
Understood, this world is painful and therapy isn't always helpful either, sadly.
very true. i've had therapy before and it didn't help me at all. i even took meds (fluoxetine) and all it did was make me a boring robot. this therapist/psychiatrist is also just gonna pump me with meds and i really don't want to go through that again :(

• Love
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice
L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
very true. i've had therapy before and it didn't help me at all. i even took meds (fluoxetine) and all it did was make me a boring robot. this therapist/psychiatrist is also just gonna pump me with meds and i really don't want to go through that again :(
The whole industry doesn't have people's interests in mind at all, it's meant to serve those in power, sadly. I hope you find some abatement of your pain soon though, somehow.

• Love
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Can you ask your parents to help you get to the therapist? Explain your struggles to do that on your own. If they don't believe in mental struggles tell them that you are physically in pain to go by yourself. They can atleast make themselves of some use rather than just being disappointed. I would suggest not to abandon your plans in fear that it might prove useless like your previous experience. Things could work out this time around. It's worth trying it atleast.

libitina

libitina

May 30, 2023
Can you ask your parents to help you get to the therapist? Explain your struggles to do that on your own. If they don't believe in mental struggles tell them that you are physically in pain to go by yourself. They can atleast make themselves of some use rather than just being disappointed. I would suggest not to abandon your plans in fear that it might prove useless like your previous experience. Things could work out this time around. It's worth trying it atleast.
they can't come with me cause of work :(

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Are you not able to do online/telephone appointments?

Also you're doing the right thing by trying. I know it can be easy to assume that therapy wont work and the industry sucks, but I don't agree with this.

There a good and bad people, dumb and smart people, just like there are good and bad therapists and good and bad doctors.

You're very brave for trying. Don't put yourself down because you struggle with basic shit. Most people don't experience it in the same way you do. It's harder for some people than it is others, not because you're weak.