• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
No matter the situation you find yourself in. If you manage to improve , will it really make a difference ?

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
That's a philosophical question. In the long run, it doesn't make a difference. We will die, mankind will go extinct, earth will be incinerated, the stars will go out. In the short run it may make a difference though. We can learn to live here and now and experience new and wonderful things.

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
So , in the face of pointlessness we should care anyway ? You're the most positive person I've ever met here

Reactions: Sensei
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
some time ago a thread had the title "the meaning of life is to give your life meaning".

so in an universe which exists without purpose - or maybe there is a purpose but we are just too small in every dimension to understand this, so it's more or less irrelevant for us - i also came to the conclusion that it's more or less the only way to find for yourself a point in living in a pointless universe.

the second big thing which gets maybe a bit offtopic is to try not to think too much and try to live in the present. forget about the past and don't try to anticipate the future too much.
some time ago while being pretty active here and getting back on my feet after some dark times i found this quote from dostoyevsky "to think too much is a disease" .
can't agree more and since i try to focus more one my little goals and not always think too far ahead it got a lot easier.

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
some time ago a thread had the title "the meaning of life is to give your life meaning".

so in an universe which exists without purpose - or maybe there is a purpose but we are just too small in every dimension to understand this, so it's more or less irrelevant for us - i also came to the conclusion that it's more or less the only way to find for yourself a point in living in a pointless universe.

the second big thing which gets maybe a bit offtopic is to try not to think too much and try to live in the present. forget about the past and don't try to anticipate the future too much.
some time ago while being pretty active here and getting back on my feet after some dark times i found this quote from dostoyevsky "to think too much is a disease" .
can't agree more and since i try to focus more one my little goals and not always think too far ahead it got a lot easier.
It's not off topic at all :) "whatever the meaning of life is, it's what stops you from killing your self "

Reactions: Sensei and DocNo
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
i guess it can depend on what matters to you. If focusing on your immediate self and present, then yes. i can only live for now, i don't want a tomorrow, the thought of later is despairing. So i ask myself what will make now managable. Improvement in this moment gets me through to the next.

Reactions: Sensei and Brink
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Seems like it depends on the case.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
No matter how much money or love I get, I think I will always be suicidal and might end up erasing my existence sooner or later.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sensei
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
If they gave me a pill that cures all the permanent side-effects of every pill I ever took, I would be better. I would reconsider. Hell, I would be born anew and drink from the bosom of life like I was immortal!!!

Reactions: MrBigSad and Sensei
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Any improvements would make life more bearable. This would obviously have an lack of significance in the long run as we only exist just to die. Our lives are very short compared to the eternity of dying.