• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
If I don't choose other methods then I was thinking that drowning could be an option. I could go to the sea, go somewhere where there aren't people around, swim far away from the beach and drown. I know it can be horrible and painful but the reason I thought about this is because it's an easily accesible method, you just have to go to a sea, ocean, lake, somewhere where there's water. I was thinking that the Mediteranean sea or Aegean sea could be some options. The thing I'm afraid of the most is sharks, I don't want to get attacked by them. If you want to drown does the type of water matter, does it matter if it's salt water? What would the difference be between drowning in a sea against drowning in a lake for example? Would what type of clothes I would be wearing matter, for example does it matter what type of shirt you wear?

Reactions: Little_Suzy
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
No expert on drowning but I'll compile the common knowledge I have gathered over my life:

Water is water is water when it comes to the actual mechanism of drowning. Fill your lungs with enough of any liquid, it will get the job done. The only difference between salt and fresh water is you are slightly more buoyant in salt water but not enough to matter (unless you're at like, the Dead Sea where the salt concentration is obnoxiously high). Clothing shouldn't matter once it's soaked through so long as it isn't designed for buoyancy.

Be prepared for the fight of your life (literally). From anecdotes, first-hand stories, and studies, the first 60 seconds of drowning are nothing but absolute terror. Your body is going to be in overdrive, panicking and trying to get air as the CO2 concentration in your blood sets off alarms in your brain. If you can make it through the first minute however, you will suddenly get very calm and just drift off nice and relaxed.

My only thought about ocean vs lake is how likely you are to be spotted. Lakes are smaller and can been seen across from anywhere on shore. Ocean is bigger, but you will need to make it aways out from shore or find a very remote beach to prevent someone from interfering. Or do this at night.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
No expert on drowning but I'll compile the common knowledge I have gathered over my life:

Water is water is water when it comes to the actual mechanism of drowning. Fill your lungs with enough of any liquid, it will get the job done. The only difference between salt and fresh water is you are slightly more buoyant in salt water but not enough to matter (unless you're at like, the Dead Sea where the salt concentration is obnoxiously high). Clothing shouldn't matter once it's soaked through so long as it isn't designed for buoyancy.

Be prepared for the fight of your life (literally). From anecdotes, first-hand stories, and studies, the first 60 seconds of drowning are nothing but absolute terror. Your body is going to be in overdrive, panicking and trying to get air as the CO2 concentration in your blood sets off alarms in your brain. If you can make it through the first minute however, you will suddenly get very calm and just drift off nice and relaxed.

My only thought about ocean vs lake is how likely you are to be spotted. Lakes are smaller and can been seen across from anywhere on shore. Ocean is bigger, but you will need to make it aways out from shore or find a very remote beach to prevent someone from interfering. Or do this at night.
Would it be a realistic method, I mean would I drown if I simply swam far away from the beach even though I know how to swim?

L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
Would it be a realistic method, I mean would I drown if I simply swam far away from the beach even though I know how to swim?
I'd try to find a rip tide and use that (you wont beable to change your mind once your near the tide) It should take you far out to sea beoynd any life guards view

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
Swimming away from the beach won't mean you drown. Drowning means you fill your lungs with water so you can't get air. You could drown in your bathtub at home or you can survive for days at sea floating (people do!). If you just simply swim out a bit it's most likely your SI will kick in and just push you to swim back to shore.

Most people drown at sea because they don't have the energy to keep themselves afloat or they are in bad weather and the waves push them under. Either way, this can take hours if not days. I don't think it's very realistic.

You could accelerate the process by swimming in very cold water but you will be out at sea shivering and unbelievably cold. It won't be pleasant at all.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
Swimming away from the beach won't mean you drown. Drowning means you fill your lungs with water so you can't get air. You could drown in your bathtub at home or you can survive for days at sea floating (people do!). If you just simply swim out a bit it's most likely your SI will kick in and just push you to swim back to shore.

Most people drown at sea because they don't have the energy to keep themselves afloat or they are in bad weather and the waves push them under. Either way, this can take hours if not days. I don't think it's very realistic.

You could accelerate the process by swimming in very cold water but you will be out at sea shivering and unbelievably cold. It won't be pleasant at all.
If I inhale water after I swim for a while would it speed up the process of drowning? What should I do to speed it up? Like I said, it's not sure if I'll do this method in the first place but it's an option, so I want to know what I could do to drown faster. If I choose this method then I hope that at least it would be a fast death, I know that death from drowning can take place for a few minutes so it should be a fast death

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
Drowning is suffocation by having water in your lungs. You will die in the same amount of time it would take if you were being choked/strangled. There is nothing you can do to speed it up. It starts when you fill your lungs with water and ends when your brain dies because you haven't given it oxygen in so many minutes.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
Drowning is suffocation by having water in your lungs. You will die in the same amount of time it would take if you were being choked/strangled. There is nothing you can do to speed it up. It starts when you fill your lungs with water and ends when your brain dies because you haven't given it oxygen in so many minutes.
I meant how can I drown if I swim in the sea? I know the process of drowning can't be sped up but how can I start to drown so that I don't stay in the sea for too long? If I inhale as much water as I can will I start to drown?