• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
you dont know what/who(?) you consider yourself as but you found someone you plan on spending forever with. Does it still matter?
(im trying to leave it as an open ended question without personal information, so i hope i gave enough information :ahhha:)

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
You're free to put limits on yourself and your sexuality, or not. Ask yourself why should it matter? Normally people care about what society would think, if you don't care and it's about yourself, why would you constrain yourself?

I guess you could be honest with the other person and let them know it's not your usual orientation. I would probably have to do the same thing and admit that I've never been with X, Y or Z before and wasn't sure whether or not it was going to work out. They deserve that much.

Besides that, I don't think it matters.

Ash

Ash

Warlock
Oct 4, 2021
I'm single but I've been out for so long that I genuinely forget.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
you dont know what/who(?) you consider yourself as but you found someone you plan on spending forever with. Does it still matter?
(im trying to leave it as an open ended question without personal information, so i hope i gave enough information :ahhha:)
If you're comfortable with someone, it doesn't really matter what you consider yourself to be. Labels can sometimes be more of a hindrance than a help, so perhaps you should just forget about them.
It only becomes difficult if you have a fairly clear sexual orientation and the person you have met and like is not the sex you normally prefer. In that case, proceed with caution. It may work out, but I have seen many cases where it did not work well. In such a case, it is important that you are open and honest about the situation with your partner. Also, it would be wise to wait at last a couple of years before making any binding commitments (like getting married, having kids, etc.).

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
loweroneseyes

loweroneseyes

vision blurry
Feb 3, 2024
sexuality is just a label for your experiences. it's good to know that part of yourself, but if you don't have it entirely figured out yet that's alright too

Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
If the question was directed at me and I found later that I was different to what I was before, it wouldn't matter to me because my decision to stay by someone's side forever is not truly dependent on physical intimacy. It's much more based on how comfortable I feel expressing myself around them and finding that harmony between us, and usually a good romantic relationship is just an extremely comfortable platonic relationship that's interlaced with lots of intimate moments, whether it be through hugs, cuddles, or just that safe touch.
I think sexuality gradually stops mattering as you get older. But of course people are different and everyone has certain needs, if the importance of that aspect outweighed their previous decision to be committed, I wouldn't blame them if they chose otherwise, although a proper discussion can be had between the couple to reconcile the difference.

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I am pansexual. I am not ashamed and I have nothing to hide, but it's not my entire identity. I am in a monogamous marriage, so I'm not looking for another partner, so I do consider it irrelevant now in a way. It's still a part of me, but not a really relevant part anymore. Im still active in LGBTQ discussions and such, like I decorated the breakroom at my work during pride week and had educational pamphlets and bracelets and such. Just because you enter a monogamous relationship doesn't mean you are any less queer, or straight, it just doesn't seem relevant if your not looking for a partner. But even if your looking for a partner, your sexuality doesn't need to be the main part of your identity, you have many other things that make you an interesting individual.

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
I'd say I definitely don't care as much as I did before, but I'm still confused lol. I appreciate men, but I always have been confused on where I stand with women.

LilysAngel

LilysAngel

Apr 30, 2024
I am pansexual & polyamorous. I could not care less about somebodies gender, sexuality, etc. I literally do not care how somebody identifies. I will embrace them in whatever way they chose.

This has opened up a lot of doors for me. You're able to really focus on connection & energy with the PERSON. Their soul, their mind. You're not limited on who that connection may be with. I believe when you're able to look deeper and form a connection with someone that has no connection to their biological identity or physical features, it is so much more intimate. My life has CHANGED since I realized this and started living my life this way. My relationships have been so much more intimate. I have found the "right" people to commit to.

I've eaten edibles so this might be a ramble lol.. but in essence, I do believe that sexuality can be overcome or lose meaning when you mean somebody that you truly connect with.

True Love is very powerful. It is very dangerous.

• Hugs
Reactions: vak