• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

aeri

aeri

𑁍ˡᵒᵛᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳᵛᵉᵈ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉˢˢ
Jan 29, 2020
hi everyone!

anyone else feel like cognitively they're over? because of alcohol?

i feel so dumb. i wanna die because of that sometimes. i feel like i've ruined my life. I'm still young but yet i already have this addiction and it's been many years

SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Bringing out the Dead and Searching for the Living
Apr 12, 2023
Alcohol is a terrible drug.

My dad has been drinking since his preteen years, and I've watched it steal away his years.

I struggle with addiction as well, and I can definitely say it's probably the hardest thing I've ever dealt with. One of the reasons I want to CTB is the feeling that I just can't change no matter what I do, and that even if I somehow manage to, life will always be limited by the scars of my addiction.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
gingermacie

gingermacie

head in the clouds
Apr 5, 2024
Oh yeah. All the time, every day. The cognitive slow-down combined with social anxiety makes me realize most likely no one would hire me let alone want to be around me at all. I think the major depression does a lot of leg work there, though, too.

PAWS (Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome) impairs learning and causes memory loss + other symptomology. That may be what you're dealing with. Slightly good news: with sobriety it can go away after months or years. Too bad I stay breaking mine!

M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
The brain has a remarkable ability to heal. But it takes time. I'm at 3 months and I'm about 7. I drank plus used weed for 26 years . But now I am so f****** suicidal because I used to be able to have something at least in my life. Now I have absolutely nothing so there's a good chance I will end it at the end of the year if I can't improve my life.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
you're still communicating, my vote is that you are fine. just try not to drink in public or let it get you in trouble.

* i should say though that i was never an angry drunk. if it fuels you and you don't live alone: it's better for all to try and quit.

Last edited:
M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
You cant fry your brain from alcohol. Stop for a couple of months and all of your cognitive ability will return.