• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
From the creator of the Rage Megathread (great resource btw) comes the BPD Megathread! Discuss all of your Bi-Polar and Borderline Personality Disorders here! The only two rules are to respect the forum guidelines and respect eachother.

Edit to add: Borderline Personality. Since BPD is technically an acronym for two disorders and why not?

For any superfluous venting that doesn't necessarily warrant a thread on its own.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/rage-megathread.27811/

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
For a second, I thought you meant Borderline Personality Disorder, so I was a bit confused. Good idea though!

This is mainly for Bipolar, however you Borderline types are welcome too! I personally know many who are part of both camps. So welcome, and have at it honestly!

Thread edited to include both, thanks again for the imput.

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm on both teams, so either purpose is good for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then you're definitely a prime candidate for this thread! I just feel like BPD is such a common thing on this forum that it would do some good to consolidate some of it.

That way we can all share stories and experiences. Maybe we wont feel as alone with the affliction we suffer. Sometimes it's good to compare notes.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Then you're definitely a prime candidate for this thread! I just feel like BPD is such a common thing on this forum that it would do some good to consolidate some of it.

That way we can all share stories and experiences. Maybe we wont feel as alone with the affliction we suffer. Sometimes it's good to compare notes.
I definitely agree! Especially since I only just now acknowledged my bipolar after having been diagnosed for almost ten years, it feels like uncharted territory. Thankfully, I'm not alone.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I definitely agree! Especially since I only just now acknowledged my bipolar after having been diagnosed for almost ten years, it feels like uncharted territory. Thankfully, I'm not alone.

I've never personally been diagnosed as I fucking hate doctors. But I know enough Bipolar types to know I have a bit of it. I just try to push through the exteme highs and lows the best I can.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I've never personally been diagnosed as I fucking hate doctors. But I know enough Bipolar types to know I have a bit of it. I just try to push through the exteme highs and lows the best I can.
In this day and age, getting diagnosed isn't always a good thing. Like you said, you know enough people that have it to know you have it as well. Hopefully you can manage the highs/lows well enough, but if you're ever struggling please by all means PM me! Heck, even if you just want to chat. :))

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
@Schadenfreude let's hear your story too now! You've already poked to the bear so we're curious
BPD is used as an anocrym for both disorders, but to avoid confusion, mayb BD should be used for bipolar disorder and BPD for borderline personality disorder. Maybe there should be two separate threads.

I already included both in my edit, thank you though sir. I should've known that given the friends I have.

Reactions: Circles
Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude

Dec 23, 2019
@Schadenfreude let's hear your story too now! You've already poked to the bear so we're curious

I already included both in my edit, thank you though sir. I should've known that given the friends I have.

Sorry, I actually don't have either! Or, at least, haven't been properly diagnosed with it (been recently havin' this nagging suspicion that I may have BPD for awhile now). But I ain't no professional, so I can't confirm this. Just gonna lurk. :ahhha:

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Sorry, I actually don't have either! Or, at least, haven't been properly diagnosed with it (been recently havin' this nagging suspicion that I may have BPD for awhile now). But I ain't no professional, so I can't confirm this. Just gonna lurk. :ahhha:

Fair enough! Help me bring that Rage Megathread back then if you're ever feeling some fire and wana do a brother a favor!

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Maybe we should have separate threads for borderline and bipolar since it's not the same thing but it can occur together in the same person.

Reactions: Sensei
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Maybe we should have separate threads for borderline and bipolar since it's not the same thing but it can occur together in the same person.

You're free to make a borderline one if you'd like. The original intent here was bipolar anyways. I just wasn't trying to exclude anyone either.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Already had BPD for 9 years, got diagnosed with Bipolar as well yesterday. Yay me!

Now you're the full personification of your name! Are you getting any sort of treatment?

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Going to start lithium for the bipolar, just waiting on bloods first. Already take antidepressants, antipsychotics and sleeping meds for the BPD. Going to rattle when I walk at this rate lmao.

Welcome to the Manic Depressive Inferno Club! It's a very exclusive club indeed: only 1 % of the population have what it takes to join. Some of our prominent members are Ted Turner, Mariah Carey, Sinead O'Connor, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Stephen Fry, Britney Spears, Sidney Sheldon, Vivien Leigh, Frank Bruno, Richard Dreyfuss, Jesse Jackson, Jr., Linda Hamilton, Carrie Fisher, Patrick J. Kennedy, Kim Novak, and Mel Gibson, as well as – suspected, but obviously not confirmed – Winston Churchill, Graham Green, Florence Nightinggale, Frank Sinatra, Virginia Woolf, Napoleon Bonaparte, Ada Lovelac, Ernest Hemmingway, and others.

It's good that you have been given lithium already. It usually takes time for it to kick in, from a few weeks to a few months. It doesn't work for everyone, but for many. If it works for you, you will feel much better and be less suicidal. I'll cross my fingers for you. :hug:

I'm actually writing a book about bipolar disorder and I'm well read up. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
Going to start lithium for the bipolar, just waiting on bloods first. Already take antidepressants, antipsychotics and sleeping meds for the BPD. Going to rattle when I walk at this rate lmao.

I hereby dub thee BBPD Barbie. :haha: Best of luck with the lithium!

hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
True. Let's stick with the original name then. :halo:

memataporfavor

memataporfavor

( つ・o・)つ still ill ╮|。>ー<。|╭
Apr 6, 2019
Border here! Feeling grateful for the creation of this thread even if the first intend was to include only bipolar disorder. Thank you for the inclusion ('til a borderpd megathread is created hah). I know bipolar and borderline are not the same thing, but I think we can relate a lot in some aspects. I'm willing to meet some people who deal with the same struggles i do, to feel more understood, idk... Anyways... (gonna start talking a bit abt myself bc it seems I never get tired of doing this, but I do get tired of listenning myself doing it lmao) I was diagnosed when I was 16-17... after multiple suicide attempts in a roll...It was the worst times of my life, during my final year of highschool (so far... I'm only 21). But since then, I've been going to therapy and seeing a psychiatrist who started my medication. First of all, they put me on topiramate, as a mood stabilizer, cuz I've always been super impulsive and had drinking problems, etc. AND had problems controlling my anger (still do tbh)... I've been through some ups and plenty of downs, and changing and adapting my meds till get to a combination that could make me function like an ok human being. This only happened recently. After 4 years of struggling and FUVCK im not even close to be good or cured or not thinking abt suicide everyday but hell yea I can say very proudly that thanks to my priviledge of access to a great psychologist and great doctors, now I stopped drinking (sometimes I do have some relapses but Im able to get over'em and try again the next morning), avoid doing drugs and sometimes, feel glad I'm alive (or laugh at my misery instead of just falling apart like I used to)...
I do it, of course at the cost of taking 200mg , 200mg lamotrigine, 300mg bupoprione and 15mg paroxetine a day... but i dont feel drugged... i feel fine
I guess I shared all that stuff not just bc Im an oversharer and kinda egocentrist but also bc I want to say: there may be hope. If you have some access to a treatment, just try it, go with it... it might take long... but eventually, it can work.
things may not get perfect... but they can stop being as bad as they are

• Hugs
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Im unmedicated borderline. I used to be heavily medicated but I was still miserable. I didn't like being on all those pills so I just tapered and quit them all. Life hasn't been better or worse since coming off everything. I have been able to lower my use of stimulant medication since getting hormone replacement. That's the only psych med I still take like every couple days. I try not to use daily because I start to go cray.

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Do i count on here i have a second person living in my head i very often have long chats with him her it . And often gets into arguments to sum times it goes away to sulk for a bit but soon back playing me up . I am nuts i am HEHEHEHE :P :D

passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I'm Bipolar 1, by fiancee's Borderline. We love each other to death but it can be a thrill - filled ride sometimes. I'm sure she'd agree emphatically :haha:

charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
me on bad days: *in hysterics, beating myself blue with a rolling pin*

me on good days: i am God incarnate. love me. love me. love me.

at least i always have funny (read: tragicomic) stories to tell

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I was first diagnosed with Bipolar type II, then Bordeline and now my third Psychiatrist thinks it's just 'depression', all of these diagnosis' were over the course of 4 years. I sort of believed my new psychiatrist until recently when I have come off all my old BPD meds during last year, only to deteriorate massively and crash and burn. I didn't leave the house for a month or so. I am now back out the other side (today) and absolutely buzzing my tits off. It's that horrible, jittery, restless energy you get when coming up on any sort of amphetamine, but without the drug. That to me isn't depression, surely? That feeling can't be what 'normal' is, can it? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

• Hugs
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I thought that this thread dealt with borderline personality disorder, not bipolar disorder.