B

bhav

Mar 23, 2019
We were all born to die, but that doesn't mean born to kill ourselves, some people just choose to take matters into their own hands.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I think there is a genetic component to it, along with it being environmental. Some people are born with a genetic predisposition/susceptibility for depression and suicide. You will find suicidal/depressed people that have generations of family members who had depression and committed suicide. Both of my parents have depression and have had suicidal ideation/attempts and they each had a parent that was depressed and engaged in self destructive behavior, mainly alcoholism. Of course being raised in an environment where both my parents talked about committing suicide and made attempts was also why it was something I was well aware of since I was six years old.

Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
Genetics may play a factor but you are not literally born wanting to kill yourself. And even if you could, why would you? Until you reach about your teens you're getting free dopamine from simply existing.

Monster

Monster

Apr 26, 2019
No, you're not born suicidal. As a species (and most animals anyway) we have base instincts that are supposed to prevent you from dying. There are definitely reasons people want to commit suicide (hence all of us here) but the base is to stay alive. That is the purpose of all living things (scientifically; to live and reproduce/carry on life). As a baby you don't have much cognitive function but you still have reflexes that are meant to prevent you from dying.

Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Of course we're not born suicidal, we live in a society that promotes psychopathic, narcissicistic, and self-destructive behavior. The isolation, bombardment of propaganda, disenfranchisement from communities, lack of autonomy, and constant incremental violation of civil and human rights drives the population into anamie, and consequently a state of either chronic rage or depression.

Then we're sent to some know-nothing quacks that tell us we're the problem, not the environment we live in, who then sell us some mystery pills made to keep us docile in front of a TV screen alone as we eat some fried chlorinated chicken that'll kill you by 60.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDream, TheDevilsAngel and marcusuk63
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I think there is a genetic component to it, along with it being environmental. Some people are born with a genetic predisposition/susceptibility for depression and suicide. You will find suicidal/depressed people that have generations of family members who had depression and committed suicide. Both of my parents have depression and have had suicidal ideation/attempts and they each had a parent that was depressed and engaged in self destructive behavior, mainly alcoholism. Of course being raised in an environment where both my parents talked about committing suicide and made attempts was also why it was something I was well aware of since I was six years old.
Sounds familiar my mother often told me how she wanted to take pills so many pills so she would never wake up again she still says it to this day....

Reactions: NoDream
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Sounds familiar my mother often told me how she wanted to take pills so many pills so she would never wake up again she still says it to this day....

Sorry you have to go through that while being suicidal. I know how it feels. 3 years ago on my birthday my mother tried to talk me into having a suicide pact with her. She always threatened to do it and I remember when I was 5 years old my dad having to talk her out of it (although he was the same, 4 years ago he would call me every week telling me he was going to do it, and when I was 4 years old he kept a gun advertisement taped on the wall, telling me he was going to buy a gun and blow his brains out). I'll always remember my mother picking me up from summer camp when I was 7 years old with bandages on her wrists after a suicide attempt. I'd rather do it now, rather than get to be their age still talking about it. Life doesn't always get better.

TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Sorry you have to go through that while being suicidal. I know how it feels. 3 years ago on my birthday my mother tried to talk me into having a suicide pact with her. She always threatened to do it and I remember when I was 5 years old my dad having to talk her out of it (although he was the same, 4 years ago he would call me every week telling me he was going to do it, and when I was 4 years old he kept a gun advertisement taped on the wall, telling me he was going to buy a gun and blow his brains out). I'll always remember my mother picking me up from summer camp when I was 7 years old with bandages on her wrists after a suicide attempt. I'd rather do it now, rather than get to be their age still talking about it. Life doesn't always get better.
I feel for u that sounds sad.....i wish it would get better or even be bearable :hug::hug:
I understand what you saying im scared ive so much to try figure out but i know i wont be getting old....my mother still finds it hard she in her sixties now and have lived a miserable life........its hard i hope u find ur peace.......

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I feel for u that sounds sad.....i wish it would get better or even be bearable :hug::hug:
I understand what you saying im scared ive so much to try figure out but i know i wont be getting old....my mother still finds it hard she in her sixties now and have lived a miserable life........its hard i hope u find ur peace.......

Thanks. I wish so too. My mother is in her sixties as well. I hope you find peace too.