• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Even though I don't plan on recovery for myself and already set on my CTB this year (unless some major turnaround, almost like a miracle happens and resolves all my major reasons for wanting to -- which is very, very unlikely and improbable..), I'd figured I share some resources and anything that could be of interest to those who wish to go on the path of recovery.

There is a book written by Guy Winch, titled "Emotional First Aid - Healing Rejection, Guilt, Failure, and other everyday hurts" by Guy Winch. It talks about various different kinds of emotional pain and suffering as well as strategies for coping and getting over it. There are also examples of the various clients in the book that the psychologist Guy Winch brings up to illustrate his points. He does a pretty good job outlining what to do in order to overcome or at least heal and cope with such issues. It may be useful to some people who wish to use the strategies listed in the book to aid in their path of recovery.

If anyone has their list of books or any book they'd like to add, feel free to post below. Also, if a mod wishes to pin this topic in the Recovery subforum then that would be appreciated as well just so the thread doesn't get buried in this subforum.

Them

Them

Dec 24, 2020
Here are some books for recovery I recommend

1) Author: Alex Korb
Book: The Upward Spiral: Using Neuroscience to Reverse the Course of Depression, One Small Change at a Time

2) Author: Peter A. Levine
Book: Healing Trauma: Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body

M

MaskedMan12345

Jan 20, 2022
Since we all are struggling with the most significant decision we shall ever make, here are a few items that I find are good resources toward understanding how we make such decisions and how emotional tides can influence them. Whatever one decides, understanding the meatloaf betwixt your ears is a worthy undertaking I feel. Last book is a great book on bodyweight exercises. Helps distract me and I've missed a number of buses as a result. Whether that's a good thing or not only time will tell. But if I act on that final decision, there's no turning back, so I'd better be damn sure, shouldn't I? y two cents..Another thing that helps me tons in the music station Pandora. I created a station around Chet Baker and clicked on "deep cuts". Holy shit, this great jazz makes me totally high! (P.S. It's likely Baker didn't merely fall out of his hotel window, nor killed himself. It's more likely he was thrown out by due to owing his drug connects). Peace.

Attachments

• TheAddictiveBrain.pdf
    797.9 KB · Views: 0
  • OutsmartYourselfBrain-basedStrategiesToABetterYou.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • HowYouDecideTheScienceOfHumanDecisionMaking.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • YourDeceptiveMindAScientificGuideToCriticalThinkingSkills.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Butler Martin - Relax. You're Fucked. A Corporeal Fantasy.pdf
    607.5 KB · Views: 0
  • MasteringEmotionalPain.pdf
    122.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Sherri
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Since we all are struggling with the most significant decision we shall ever make, here are a few items that I find are good resources toward understanding how we make such decisions and how emotional tides can influence them. Whatever one decides, understanding the meatloaf betwixt your ears is a worthy undertaking I feel. Last book is a great book on bodyweight exercises. Helps distract me and I've missed a number of buses as a result. Whether that's a good thing or not only time will tell. But if I act on that final decision, there's no turning back, so I'd better be damn sure, shouldn't I? y two cents..Another thing that helps me tons in the music station Pandora. I created a station around Chet Baker and clicked on "deep cuts". Holy shit, this great jazz makes me totally high! (P.S. It's likely Baker didn't merely fall out of his hotel window, nor killed himself. It's more likely he was thrown out by due to owing his drug connects). Peace.
Chet Baker! Brilliant. His playing is infused with the Divine. I especially like to listen to him sing. His voice is velvety smooth and ethereal. An amazing instrument that calms me, even more so in contrast to the chaos of the vessel it emits from. ❤

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Thank you for these already found a few that I want. Specially the addiction one.

M

MaskedMan12345

Jan 20, 2022
Thank you for these already found a few that I want. Specially the addiction one.
Makes me feel good. I'm so glad:)
Chet Baker! Brilliant. His playing is infused with the Divine. I especially like to listen to him sing. His voice is velvety smooth and ethereal. An amazing instrument that calms me, even more so in contrast to the chaos of the vessel it emits from. ❤
Yes! I find his playing takes me on a journey. I used to go a jazz summits in L.A. and would attend workshops with greats. They say Chet was a genius even when he was 17. As I understand it, he never even read music! Who else do you dig? Jazz is a HUGE part of my life and without it playing most hours of the day, I would just shrivel up. Have you ever listened to Stochelo Rosenberg, the gypsy guitarist? Omg. He plays with his brother and cousin. None of them read. They just learn by listening to LPs and my lord, amazing!! My favorite LP of all time is YOU MUST BELIEVE IN SPRING with Bill Evans on piano and Eddie Gomez on bass. It's the soundtrack of my life and has seen me through many, many dark nights of the soul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sherri
M

MaskedMan12345

Jan 20, 2022
I find Gypsy Jazz to be a huge mood lifter, especially when watching the Rosenberg Trio performing live. There are a lot of performances on YouTube. They play so incredible and with such joy. It's totally infectious! Stochelo's brother plays rhythm guitar and his cousin plays bass. Watching them play puts me in a different and much better place without fail. Cheers. (Be sure to wear headphones for a much superior experience:)

Here are a couple of samples:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv0_ifgYi-Y

www.youtube.com/watch?v=otptTGH2o18

One more (Stan Getz at outdoor performance at Mondavi Winery in Napa Valley, CA.) It's all good vibes. Plus, one can experience being at these concerts in the outdoors (not a small thing during Covid).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJRclNAg9us

That's it. Here's to feeling better than the minutes prior.

Last edited: