• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BeenDoneForSoLong

BeenDoneForSoLong

Can't wait to be another statistic
Feb 6, 2019
What's the best way to ask for anti depressants, without being forcefully hospitalised. I have suicidal thoughts every second of the day. I feel like I'm literally never not thinking about suicide. I'm going to see a doctor today, I live in Aus. I don't want to seem like I'm just a drug seeker but I feel like I NEED something external at this point. I have a job I exercise and I have a beautiful amazing girlfriend. I need something that can pick me up and give me motivation. I feel like I'm really at the edge at the moment and I just feel so exhausted.

If I get pushed back by the doctor because I'm not being direct enough I feel like I'm done. If I'm too direct... I might be hospitalized. Help please?

salmon

salmon

Waiting for a solution
Nov 12, 2019
I don't know about your country, but in mine they don't hospitalize you forcefully unless there is "immediate danger" What works for me is telling them I have constant passive suicidal thoughts that are interfering my daily life. I make a point of saying I could never actively kill myself because of family and being too scared. You don't even have to talk about suicidal thoughts if you don't want to. Saying you can't get out of bed in the morning or feeling an longduring immense somberness should be enough. Depression takes on many forms.

BeenDoneForSoLong

BeenDoneForSoLong

Can't wait to be another statistic
Feb 6, 2019
I don't know about your country, but in mine they don't hospitalize you forcefully unless there is "immediate danger" What works for me is telling them I have constant passive suicidal thoughts that are interfering my daily life. I make a point of saying I could never actively kill myself because of family and being too scared. You don't even have to talk about suicidal thoughts if you don't want to. Saying you can't get out of bed in the morning or feeling an longduring immense somberness should be enough. Depression takes on many forms.
Passive suicidal thoughts is a very eloquent way of putting it , thank you very much.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Yes, as others have said, it shouldn't be a problem. ADs are quite easy to have prescribed from what I can tell but keep in mind that some of them can suck in certain ways and some people stay on them all their lives.

L

lostmyhope

Dec 28, 2020
They won't think you are a drug-seeker by asking for antidepressants. Real drug-seekers go after substances that are abusable...SSRIs etc are not.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
The best way is through a psychiatrist, do you have access to one?

Reactions: salmon
T

Teas

Nov 4, 2018
I just went to my doctor and told them I was feeling depressed. Just don't tell them you're planning to kill yourself or something like that. Otherwise, you'll end up locked in the cage.

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Just don't delay. Bring your girlfriend with you so they know you have someone looking after you, less risk. But aus is a first world country, hospitalisations are still rare but it shouldn't be too bad if it comes to it. It sounds like you wouldn't want to let your girlfriend go without you so if you have to go you have to go, right? But I'm sure you'll be left alone as long as you're with your girlfriend

Last edited:
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
From my experience, most doctors don't have any qualms about prescribing antidepressants, but I don't live in Australia so idk

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Be honest. Depressive symptoms include lack of motivation,infrequency washing and generally not bothering with self care,eating too much or too little,drinking or using drugs when you wouldn't usually,sleep problems and general lethargy. You don't have to include anything about suicidal ideation if you don't want

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
From my experience I just said I was feeling depressed, suicidal and had no energy or lack of doing anything besides lying in bed all day, hope it works for you, hugs

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
In my case I really wished that I never used any ADs. I was in full-on suicidal mode and was not in the right state of mind to make a decision about whether I wanted to alter my brain (at least I was given reversible drugs, there are even more horrible demon pills out there). These SSRIs, they were handed out like business cards during a leadership seminar. I am almost completely recovered from them now and I will never in my entire life take another SSRI.

Now, to answer your question I simply said that I was suicidal but had no plans and no time-frame. Then they take you seriously but don't get worried that you're actually a suicide risk.

W

wizzlefox

Aug 8, 2021
What's the best way to ask for anti depressants, without being forcefully hospitalised. I have suicidal thoughts every second of the day. I feel like I'm literally never not thinking about suicide. I'm going to see a doctor today, I live in Aus. I don't want to seem like I'm just a drug seeker but I feel like I NEED something external at this point. I have a job I exercise and I have a beautiful amazing girlfriend. I need something that can pick me up and give me motivation. I feel like I'm really at the edge at the moment and I just feel so exhausted.

If I get pushed back by the doctor because I'm not being direct enough I feel like I'm done. If I'm too direct... I might be hospitalized. Help please?
You won't be hospitalised babe. Just tell dr how you feel, don't be worried about saying to much. You deserve support and are entitled to it. (They'd only hospitalise you if you'd already tired to kill yourself btw). Depression is more common than we think. We're all here for you if you need support at anytime. Being able to discuss our mental states and emotional distresses is important. I wish you the very best of luck with dr today. Be brave, be honest, you've everything to gain from it. Bug hugs xxxx