• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
Hey all,

Some fellow gym rats might be in a similar situation
The past 10 years I have been in-and-out - heavily into bodybuilding, using drugs to achieve what I consider a good looking physique.
Talking to others it seems like a taboo, but without them I really feel like shit. They make me happier, stronger, more confident and motivated. I'm not just doing it to improve my looks, but also to be a happier person in all parts of life. I have quit them many times over the years and stopped training and eating during bouts of depression. This is when I would tell my doctor about the use. But since I always get lectured how bad it is for my body and mental health I stopped doing that. All they can offer me is antidepressants and therapy.

But is this really that bad? Whenever I am off I feel like shit, I hate the way I look and antidepressants never do anything good, they just make me feel worse. I am certain I have some issues with myself but that's not the point. If a depressed person feel better on antidepressants, why can't I use these drugs for the same effect? Just because they are illegal I guess.

Anyone else in the same boat? I am very well aware of the dangers and the amounts I'm using. I get my bloods checked to see that everything is in order.
I would say living with suicidal idealization constantly, using way more dangerous drugs to bear the pain while barely eating is a much more unhealthier way of living. At least with AAS I feel somewhat happier in my life and they allow me to achieve my goals that is very hard to reach without.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
Are there any over the counter steroids I can use ?? I have depression and also I am fat so need to lose some weight..

StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
Are there any over the counter steroids I can use ?? I have depression and also I am fat so need to lose some weight..
Some countries will sell them OTC but if your primary goal is to lose weight I would recommend just restricting your calorie intake. The body is incredibly resilient and you will not loose much muscle, especially if you workout occasionally. I have lost 20+ kilos when I stopped eating and training. But weirdly my body kept on the muscle as long as it could while loosing a ton of fat. I did barely any exercise during these times, maybe once or twice a month.

Reactions: Forveleth
Otaku

Otaku

Student
Mar 2, 2024
When you say steroids?
What kinds are you taking then? And how many cycles have you vent on?

StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
When you say steroids?
What kinds are you taking then? And how many cycles have you vent on?
My favorites are testosterone and trenbolone, with a few weeks of orals at the start of my cycle. I try to limit the orals due to a much higher toxicity.

I used to do 2-3 cycles a year but eventually would TRT (low dose test) between them instead as my cycles grew closer together. I found it much better for my health avoiding all the major swings in hormones between cycles.

AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
You might feel happy with the gains, but is it worth it to mess up your cardiovascular system? Plus, I've read some articles where the authors mention depression as a side effect of using steroids. You said you are using trenbolone. That steroid is notorious for the anger and irritability it gives you...

P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I
Some countries will sell them OTC but if your primary goal is to lose weight I would recommend just restricting your calorie intake. The body is incredibly resilient and you will not loose much muscle, especially if you workout occasionally. I have lost 20+ kilos when I stopped eating and training. But weirdly my body kept on the muscle as long as it could while loosing a ton of fat. I did barely any exercise during these times, maybe once or twice a month.
am an emotional eater, also I sometimes eat compulsively

• Hugs
Reactions: StillBreathing
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
It sounds like it is working for you as long as you can accept the long-term effects. I wish I could take something like that but it's way too risky for my liking. I looked into GH-releasing peptides before as a potential alternative, but there's scarce research on them.

Reactions: StillBreathing
StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I

am an emotional eater, also I sometimes eat compulsively
I understand it can be hard to limit calories if you do this :notsure: Maybe lowering your intake slowly each week could be an easier way to do it. Or preparing meals beforehand so you already know what you will eat for the day.

StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
It sounds like it is working for you as long as you can accept the long-term effects. I wish I could take something like that but it's way too risky for my liking. I looked into GH-releasing peptides before as a potential alternative, but there's scarce research on them.
Yeah I am aware of the side-effects and has accepted them. I have not seen much over the 10 years except from temporary problems like acne and high blood pressure which goes away when I lower my dose. Other side-effects like damage to- or enlargering of the heart I do not know have affected me or not. But my depressed state make me dgaf tbh.

I don't have much knowledge in GH but I know it can cause some side effects, like enlargering the bone structure and intestines in high doses over long periods of time. I actually wanted to try it do combat an autoimmune disease I'm struggling with. Thankfully I got put on medications which completely solved that problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: NumbItAll