• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Lots of you are autistic here too. How do you function with no/limited support? The family and friends that used to help me are tired of it (understandable) and I've drifted away into isolation. I need help doing new things or going new places (sensory overload, disorganized thinking, etc). I can do short outings but need help with appointments and just basic life skills. I'm not employable beyond cleaning jobs. None of the programs are available to me in a rural area and I've been diagnosed by psychiatrists but don't have the official dx the government will accept. It costs $4000 minimum to get that testing as an adult where I am. I'm not looking for program or government recommendations since I've been researching it for years and know the requirements. I'm just wondering what happens to autistic adults that don't have support. From what I can see they either end up homeless or on the fringes of society. I'm already on the fringes.

Just for examples they all pretend like nothing is wrong even though they see me struggling hugely to function. So they'll be like you should go to this family event, as if I can just easily drive myself there or get an uber ($$$). Both of which are huge challenges and the event itself is a huge challenge. It's too much. Then they'll say, well...if you don't want to go. I've explained my challenges so many times and they "forget" and refuse to believe that anything is wrong. And despite the fact this post sounds like i'm about 19 I'm actually almost 40. This is what it looks like when disabled adults don't get support.

Last edited:
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Hey there!
I'm sorry that you're struggling with little support. I'm in the exact same position. Non autistic people - particularly those in power or have the ability to decide on our future can't seem to understands that a lack of support can make many of us want to CTB as we literally CANNOT function without it. I just stay in my bedroom as that's the only place for me. This isn't a choice and I'd rather not be stuck here but I don't see this changing anytime soon. They call it "Out of sight, out of mind" which basically means that instead of helping people with disabilities like us, if they pretend we don't exist then they don't have to spend thousands of pounds trying to help us. So there are many of us being segregated from society just for the way our brains are wired. I'm not sure what to suggest as currently there is no support out there for Autistic adults. I'm not sure what it's like in America, but maybe you could see what charities there are? Ones where you don't need funding for it. I know there are some clubs etc but they are definitely not for everyone as I couldn't cope in them. Other thing you could do is try and find someone yourself that could support but it's really hard when you don't have the money. There may be some helpline websites etc that may be able to guide you or apply for benefits etc. I'm sorry if that's no help, just know that I really understand this and it's a main reason why I want to CTB. :hug::hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: thenamingofcats