Are you atheist, agnostic, religious, or spiritual?

• Atheist

• Agnostic

• Religious

• Spiritual

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
J

J031

Sep 9, 2021
just wondering what percentage of the people here are religious.

• Hugs
Reactions: Euthanza, lobster salad and patheticpartner
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm a atheist. I believe we are only here because of evolution. There is no evidence that any God exists. The afterlife is a fictional concept and I believe that we return to the same nothingness where we were at before we were born, after we die.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, lobster salad, patheticpartner and 15 others
nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
Atheist. Used to be agnostic and even religious/spiritual at earlier times in my life. But the more I thought about it, the more I discussed it, the more I became convinced of atheism.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, justsayin and 1 other person
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
It surprises me there are Christians here; no judgment on my part, but isn't CTB against your religion? Genuinely curious.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and J031
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
It surprises me there are Christians here; no judgment on my part, but isn't CTB against your religion? Genuinely curious.
An atheist myself but I don't really think it's mentioned too much. if you google a concrete statement biblically on the act of suicide you won't find one, people just try to infer that a decent amount. that aside tons of things like not having sex before marriage, raping a woman and then paying her dad money to marry her, how to treat your slaves and so on. People have generally moved on from the bible, even Christians and most of them think they're to be forgiven. I rarely see religious posters so I figure most of them are lurkers.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, Ame and 2 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
An atheist myself but I don't really think it's mentioned too much. if you google a concrete statement biblically on the act of suicide you won't find one, people just try to infer that a decent amount. that aside tons of things like not having sex before marriage, raping a woman and then paying her dad money to marry her, how to treat your slaves and so on. People have generally moved on from the bible, even Christians and most of them think they're to be forgiven. I rarely see religious posters so I figure most of them are lurkers.

Religion in general disgusts me. It is just used to control people. With false promises of a better afterlife if you obey and eternal punishment if you don't. Hell already exists and we are currently living it.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, Death is beautiful and 11 others
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Maybe they could jump off a roof and repent while falling

• Yay!
Reactions: Euthanza, patheticpartner and Shadowplay
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Atheist. I don't judge people for being religious as long as it makes them better people and they don't try to force their religious beliefs onto other people. If it comforts people that there is an afterlife and a God then that's good for them but I don't see why, if there was a God (or higher power) they would make people suffer so greatly, if he/she is real then they're the biggest asshole to ever exist.
season 7 episode 3 GIF

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, AtMostOkay, Ame and 1 other person
SentientCreature

SentientCreature

Mar 16, 2021
I always describe myself as an agnostic when asked as it fully removes the burden of proof and isn't something that one can be wrong about. I don't think that we're fully capable of suspending belief though, even when we're aware that we cannot justify or confirm it empirically, so my personal beliefs align with atheism.

I think that atheism and theism are the only mutually exclusive doctrines here.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
The only unforgivable sin in Christianity is "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit"

• Wow
Reactions: Euthanza and patheticpartner
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
So there is nothing in the Bible against suicide, but they're moving further away from the Bible .. sooo??? If they think suicide is to be forgiven they still think it is a sin.

The only unforgivable sin in Christianity is "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit"
And the price of fish in China is.....?

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Euthanza, patheticpartner, Amumu and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Atheist and agnostic is the same thing, bro.

• Wow
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
So there is nothing in the Bible against suicide, but they're moving further away from the Bible .. sooo??? If they think suicide is to be forgiven they still think it is a sin.

Think mental health gaining more understanding in church eg depression as illness etc

Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021

Not sure what you mean. I was bringing it up not being mentioned in the bible so regardless of what their opinion is it's irrelevant since there's not an objective statement on it. For moving further away from the bible I meant that in this world they're not even letting the morals in that are commanded or outright laws to matter too much to them. So, from their perspective it either doesn't matter or can be forgiven. Hence why they can be on a suicide forum. Sorry if I wasn't coherent.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Naufrago
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I'm somewhere between atheist and agnostic, if a god really exists he is a psychopathic and sadistic mothafucka.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, LONE WOLF. and 2 others
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
Atheist and agnostic is the same thing, bro.
they are similar but atheism is a definitive belief that god or whatever does not exist. agnosticism is not really having any solid beliefs about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and patheticpartner
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
they still aren't the same thing. agnosticism is "having an open mind"
Agnosticism is the belief that we don't know. Which ends up in atheism, hence my first post.

• Wow
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
Agnosticism is the belief that we don't know. Which ends up in atheism, hence my first post.
atheism is a FIRM belief. agnosticism is the belief that there may or may not be a "god". just google it...

deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Eh, people use words in various ways. Atheism can mean both lack of belief in God as well as positive belief in the nonexistence of God, depending on context and who's speaking.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, J031 and Naufrago
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
atheism is a FIRM belief. agnosticism is the belief that there may or may not be a "god". just google it...
Please just read what I said again. I am right about this (and double checked everything just now, since you seemed very confident).
Eh, people use words in various ways. Atheism can mean both lack of belief in God as well as positive belief in the nonexistence of God, depending on context and who's speaking.
Hard atheism/soft atheism, you mean? I ignore hard atheism altogether since it's ridiculous to claim that unfalsifiable things are false. Either way, there's no real difference imo between all the types of agnosticism/atheism. You don't believe in God(s) due to there being no good evidence, done and done.

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Please just read what I said again. I am right about this (and double checked everything just now, since you seemed very confident).

Hard atheism/soft atheism, you mean? I ignore hard atheism altogether since it's ridiculous to claim that unfalsifiable things are false. Either way, there's no real difference imo between all the types of agnosticism/atheism. You don't believe in God(s) due to there being no good evidence, done and done.

• Love
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Yeah, I don't disagree on agnosticism, I've never really found it a useful term. But people do use the word atheism in different ways. Merriam-Webster says atheism is:
"a: a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods
b: a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods"

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Naufrago
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
Gnostic /buddhist

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
]Atheist vs. agnostic
There is a key distinction. An atheist doesn't believe in a god or divine being. The word originates with the Greek atheos, which is built from the roots a- ("without") and theos ("a god"). Atheism is the doctrine or belief that there is no god.

However, an agnostic neither believes nor disbelieves in a god or religious doctrine. Agnostics assert that it's impossible for human beings to know anything about how the universe was created and whether or not divine beings exist.
These definitions are a little ridiculous. Atheism is not a belief or a doctrine (if you use a sensible definition, not that one). You can't neither believe nor disbelieve at the same time, either you have a belief (theism) or you don't (atheism/agnosticism). If someone says they're not sure, then they lack a belief per definition.

With things unrelated to unfalsifiable claims and unconfirmable myths we can be unsure and place levels of confidence, but not really with this.

C

cooldude420

Student
Aug 8, 2021
suicides in bible - samson, saul, jonah. sum of thoose suicide view good n some bad. it much later that church say suicid bad. me think augustine.

Reactions: Euthanza, patheticpartner and Shadowplay
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020

yes YOUR "opinion". you are arguing with your opinions and not actual definitions. there is where you went WRONG in the first place. and yes i am very confident. do confident women bother you by any chance? just asking..

• Wow
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
yes YOUR "opinion". you are arguing with your opinions and not actual definitions. there is where you went WRONG in the first place.
Agree to disagree, then.

Reactions: patheticpartner, LONE WOLF. and sadbadpsychogirl