• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Jan 2, 2024
Has anyone else on here invested real time in researching euthanasia/assisted death/medical assistance in dying where mental health or neurodivergence is the prevailing cause? I see instances in the Netherlands where autism and its accompanying co-morbidities have been sufficient. Most recently the case of Lauren Hoeve stands out to me simply because of how much it speaks to me and my experience of the world personally. I don't have diagnosis of CFS obviously but thanks to my autism/ADHD/depression + autoimmune illness I share in a lot of what she talked about. From what I can gather the Netherlands and possibly Canada are the only countries that will consider younger applicants suffering mental duress. But in both cases euthanasia tourism is not possible and you have to have full residency to apply. As far as I know Switzerland and maybe Luxembourg are the only places that accept euthanasia tourism but only for older applicants with a terminal physical illness.

My interest in this method is that in all my prior attempts the thing that's plagued me most is the guilt of hurting others. Even as someone that keeps themselves pretty isolated I'm still aware of the type of harm a suicide does. Fuck knows I wouldn't want to find a corpse of a stranger who's taken their own life let alone of a loved one and then have to keep living in the same house where it happened. That type of shit haunts you. Even with people I would only consider acquaintances that I knew that killed themselves. I think of them constantly if not daily and I'll never be able to stop thinking "what if". Maybe others move on and it's just me that thinks this way I don't know. Suicide is just so far removed from a natural death. Similar to a sudden car crash. It's pervasive and it lingers because of the questions left behind. That's why my dream would be medical assistance in dying because it would feel like actual permission. I don't feel like I'd be hurting anyone that way because someone else has agreed it's for the best and no poor soul has to discover a corpse. It would just be clinical. Diplomatic. Another day at the office for those doctors. It's hard to explain.

My point is if anyone else has deep dived this method over the years/follows updates in the media and knows any more I'd love to hear more from you. Ultimately I realise this is far-fetched dream for CTB-ing but still.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Yes it was my go to choice. Then I came here and I've since changed my method.
it all depends on your condition and your quality of life, I do know Pegasus is no longer taking mental health patient's. Plus, do you have £10k spare?

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
It's still suicide!

It's called doctor-assisted suicide. You decide how and when to die.

It is known as "dying with dignity" because a doctor has approved a "medical cause" for your preferred time of death.

Meeting the criteria of exhausting all treatments and demonstrating that your quality of life is deteriorating sounds exhausting.

I prefer to commit suicide on my own. I don't want to beg the medical system to let me die.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
It's still suicide!

It's called doctor-assisted suicide. You decide how and when to die.

It is known as "dying with dignity" because a doctor has approved a "medical cause" for your preferred time of death.

Meeting the criteria of exhausting all treatments and demonstrating that your quality of life is deteriorating sounds exhausting.

I prefer to commit suicide on my own. I don't want to beg the medical system to let me die.
She's right.

Reactions: Little_Suzy
Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
In Canada, mental health or neurodivergence is not applicable yet for MAID.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210_110543_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210_110543_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 0
C

Cara7177

Trying to end it all
Feb 9, 2024
Yes it was my go to choice. Then I came here and I've since changed my method.
it all depends on your condition and your quality of life, I do know Pegasus is no longer taking mental health patient's. Plus, do you have £10k spare?
Well in New York State, assisted suicide is only for those with a terminal MEDICAL problem. The fact that I've had major depressive disorder my whole life doesn't qualify me, so I'm left to go it alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm