• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
As mentioned in the title, I dont have anything I can be proud of.
I feel pathetic whenever I see people around me trying hard to improve themselves or good in something or when people who come to me to show off what they have done.
When I tell others that I am not good in anything, they tell me it is not true and when I ask them what I am good at, they were not able to answer.
Because of it, I feel horrible everyday.
But no longer have energy to try out something new anymore.

Is there anyone who feel the same?

I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
What "being good at something" even means? Are you trying to impress someone or fulfill some expectation for you to be desiring that so much? Just accept yourself, and that will make you less anxious. Believe me: you may feel like a pathetic loser, but, if you put enough effort, you can evolve all past that title. By not spending so much time ruminating over your "defecvtiveness" you will be able to harvest more ways to develop your skills. Everyone is created equally; there is no such thing as "talent".

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I feel pathetic whenever I see people around me trying hard to improve themselves or good in something or when people who come to me to show off what they have done.
When I tell others that I am not good in anything, they tell me it is not true and when I ask them what I am good at, they were not able to answer.

Are you good in something ??? Nope … Not a thing. :angry: Even If I were … life would still be shitty.
I used to be good in skateboarding when I was a kid. Since I was a teenager, I became very proficient in firearms. Otherwise, no, I've got nothing.

I used to skateboard as well ... never got good, there weren't any skateparks (near me) to get good. Since you are proficient with firearms ... you could shoot me. :wink::wink:

Last edited:
Lucet

Lucet

In Echoes Forever
Aug 26, 2019
What "being good at something" even means? Are you trying to impress someone or fulfill some expectation for you to be desiring that so much? Just accept yourself, and that will make you less anxious. Believe me: you may feel like a pathetic loser, but, if you put enough effort, you can evolve all past that title. By not spending so much time ruminating over your "defecvtiveness" you will be able to harvest more ways to develop your skills. Everyone is created equally; there is no such thing as "talent".

"Being good at something" is nice because it transcends a state of "stagnation" or stillness. No one wants to stay in the exact state, forever, we all want to evolve. Impressing people just comes with it.

I am someone who unfortunately isn't good at anything that genuinely interests me.This doesn't discourage me from continuing to work at/doing those things however, as I genuinely enjoy them, but there is a sort of discomfort that comes with not reaching the heights you desire.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018

If you've ever offered helpful advice to someone in this community, you have been helpful!

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I used to skateboard as well ... never got good, there weren't any skateparks (near me) to get good. Since you are proficient with firearms ... you could shoot me. :wink::wink:

I used to be thin and athletic when I was little. I first started at 8 by just riding it around but I learned to ollie a few months after turning 10, and then shortly later shove-it's and then pop-shove-its to doing them on vert ramps. For my 11th birthday my mom had gotten me a box ramp (kicker, bridge and wedge) and I used it frequently. I reached my peak at 12 when I could drop in on half-pipes, boardslide (short) handrails and maybe land the occasional kickflip. Then I took the summer off and moved to a shitty townhouse that had poor-quality asphalt and no longer had any out-of-school friends to skate with so I had lost a lot of endurance after I began to stay indoors all day. Then I moved again at 13 and I became an extreme shut-in when I was taken out of public school to be homeschooled until I attained my GED at 18. During that time I became an agoraphobe, SSRI's, no exercise, MMO escapism, becoming fat and sluggish over a span of several years. It was amazing how fast things had changed in such a short period of time!

After having a "mid-life crisis" at 19, I tried to get back into it but it just wasn't the same at all and although I've retained a surprising amount, it was almost as if I was right back at square one. It was my first passion. It was my life. Just being reminded of skateboarding over the past 15 years has made me periodically want to stick a 12-gauge in my mouth. Back when I had something...

Last edited:
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I used to be thin and athletic when I was little. I first started at 8 by just riding it around but I learned to ollie a few months after turning 10, and then shortly later shove-it's and then pop-shove-its to doing them on vert ramps. For my 11th birthday my mom had gotten me a box ramp (kicker, bridge and wedge) and I used it frequently. I reached my peak at 12 when I could drop in on half-pipes, boardslide (short) handrails and maybe land the occasional kickflip. Then I took the summer off and moved to a shitty townhouse that had poor-quality asphalt and no longer had any out-of-school friends to skate with so I had lost a lot of endurance after I began to stay indoors all day. Then I moved again at 13 and I became an extreme shut-in when I was taken out of public school to be homeschooled until I attained my GED at 18. During that time I became an agoraphobe, SSRI's, no exercise, MMO escapism, becoming fat and sluggish over a span of several years. It was amazing how fast things had changed in such a short period of time!

After having a "mid-life crisis" at 19, I tried to get back into it but it just wasn't the same at all and although I've retained a surprising amount, it was almost as if I was right back at square one. It was my first passion. It was my life. Just being reminded of skateboarding over the past 15 years has made me periodically want to stick a 12-gauge in my mouth. Back when I had something...

Im still skinny. Well average, but i dont get fat.

E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I used to be a really talented baseball player, I even got a scholarship. But after sh*t hit the fan I lost my scholarship and couldn't play for a while... now I'm mediocre at best and I can't focus on anything enough to be good at it. Makes me wish I could go back in time and remember what it felt like to have something to be good at.

P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I am not good in anything anymore but I've also decided not to care about it anymore. I don't want or need to impress anyone, I don't need to prove my value to anyone. People around me disgust me, why would I want to prove myself worthy to them, they'd still consider me a freak and a failure. I don't care about some sheeple opinions, I hate them. I mentioned drawing pictures few times. I'm not good at it but I just enjoy doing it, it's fun. I do it for myself, I keep the drawings for myself and don't show them around. And even if I tried very hard and turned this pleasant hobby of mine into hard work, destroying its original purpose and value, and improved 10 times, what would that accomplish? I could visit some random deviantart page and see stuff still 100 times better than mine. So no point in stressing myself out. Sure I want to improve in time but for myself, not to impress anyone. And @StillWaiting, those around you showing off are probably good mostly at showing off. Sheeple love to do that even when they're not too good at anything, but they're young, stupid and self-righteous.