• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
If you know how to catch a fish and then what to do with it after you have caught it, or you can catch a rabbit and know which parts to keep and which to discard, if you can make a fire without a flame to start it, if you know which plants are edible and which aren't, then you can live in isolation. That is beyond most people and 20 years ago would have beyond me. But you can learn. I know of places in Northumberland and Scotland where I can pretty much guarantee you wont see anyone for a very long time.

So yeah, you can do it, but you need to be very comfortable in your own company.

Reactions: Darkhaven
Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
is this possiable? how does food and water work unless you live off the land? a.life away from society i do belive could be possible but could take a lot of planning

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
In most countries, most if not all land is either private property or owned by the government, so it depends... How far are you willing to go to avoid human beings? If you are rich or wealthy, then it's extremely easy to live such a life though. If you are like most people aka poor then living such a life would be too difficult for most people and in many cases, you'd have to not fear a painful death.

Last edited:
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Wild camping is totally legal in Scotland bar one small area, so you could, in theory, live in remote areas, in a tent and never see anyone. The Knoydart peninsula has virtually no roads is is very sparsely populated.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Wild camping is totally legal in Scotland bar one small area, so you could, in theory, live in remote areas, in a tent and never see anyone. The Knoydart peninsula has virtually no roads is is very sparsely populated.

If you are camping for years and years with a bunch of gear while foraging for food or hunting or fishing and making fires then would the Scottish authorities just see that as camping?

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
On Knoydart, you wont have to worry about that, its a huge area, very inaccessible, very inhospitable and I would imagine someone could be there for years without anyone knowing about it. And if you moved around the peninsular, you would leave even less of a footprint.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
There's no easy way, but the wealthier you are the easier it is. There are underpopulated places but none are convenient to live in. Jobs in truly remote places usually require an advanced degree.
If poor, if mentally disabled, you still have to do a few doctor and caseworkers a month. I'm lucky mine all hate my guts so they see me as rarely as possible, so I typically only have two appointments a month. But being designated disabled comes with poverty, so the building I picked to live in, in an overcrowded city, is not ideal, just all that was available. I still have to get my mail from the doorman. The city is crowded but I am mostly alone, no friends no visitors, but any business I could possibly need is close by, and the city is beautiful. Only the librarians know me well.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
On Knoydart, you wont have to worry about that, its a huge area, very inaccessible, very inhospitable and I would imagine someone could be there for years without anyone knowing about it. And if you moved around the peninsular, you would leave even less of a footprint.

I find that strange because in the USA, even in areas like that, they have government workers patrolling the area(forest rangers) and observing the area etc... And they have technology nowadays that can allow someone to easily detect another human being through all kinds of cover etc... Most of the traditional methods to avoid detection are obsolete nowadays. They'd probably leave you alone though if you are living where there are grizzly bears out of fear or curiosity.

Last edited:
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Fuck me, you aint ever heard of austerity have you. Services like that in the UK have been slashed to the bare bone, so again, not really a concern. Managed forestry areas do have something akin to what you mention, but wild areas are basically just that, wild.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Fuck me, you aint ever heard of austerity have you. Services like that in the UK have been slashed to the bare bone, so again, not really a concern. Managed forestry areas do have something akin to what you mention, but wild areas are basically just that, wild.

I thought the government there would just do what the U.S. government does. You know, raise taxes for poor people and stop funding programs to help poor people. Because it's easy to pick on the peasants. Maybe fire a bunch of government workers that are there to help poor people too.

Last edited:
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
They managed to do that as well. Its why I know so much about living in a tent because it could be a real "only option" for me at some point. Just another reason to ctb.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
They managed to do that as well. Its why I know so much about living in a tent because it could be a real "only option" for me at some point. Just another reason to ctb.
I remember reading something about England not wanting to spend tax dollars on Scotland anymore... LOL I mean tax money.

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
buy an island , which i would if i won lotto , if i did lotto even ...

suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
You could apply for a job as a guard/keeper of remote property in Alaska. Although I would guess that has some risks.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Scotland is the only sensible country in the UK and that comes from a Englishman. :wink:
I've spent a few months in Scotland in the past. And there is a reason... Because I decided not to spend my vacation in England anymore because most of the people there were hostile to me because I'm an American. And also, England has so much more pollution and their cities don't have the same charm as cities like Edinburgh. A lot more expensive in England too...
You could apply for a job as a guard/keeper of remote property in Alaska. Although I would guess that has some risks.

I thought of applying for such a job once but there is fierce competition for such jobs... Because you'd be competing against every misanthrope in the country(millions of people)... And they are rarely hiring...
Scotland is the only sensible country in the UK and that comes from a Englishman. :wink:

And the authorities in England have this obsession with CCTV cameras I've not seen in Scotland. In Scotland, you'll see a CCTV camera here and there. In England, they are fucking everywhere. Some years from now, the English authorities will probably install CCTV cameras in bathroom stalls... Holy shit. 20 years from now, if someone takes a shit in England, the authorities will know about it.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
If I went to Scotland my SI would be too high to ever kill myself. *Leaving* it would make me kill myself.

Reactions: SinisterKid
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
It might be fun for awhile(like the first two weeks) but I think eventually living in a tent will suck ass especially when the winter comes around. Winter is coming. :P
buy an island , which i would if i won lotto , if i did lotto even ...
James Bond villain style.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusuk63
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
It might be fun for awhile(like the first two weeks) but I think eventually living in a tent will suck ass especially when the winter comes around. Winter is coming. :P

James Bond villain style.
i was thinking more El Presidente

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Severen
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I have been watching this guy and his dog , he doesn't speak much but he is so talented and builds a beautiful cabin , then adds an outside kitchen BBQ and pizza oven and a sauna , he uses no power tools apart from a chainsaw and jig to make planks and a lot of time he is just cooking on his log burner but boy can he cook , watching him work and hunt , fish cook , play with his gorgeous dog is so relaxing , the only downside for me would be the snow and cold lol

Last edited: