• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DeathBySuicide

DeathBySuicide

Nov 30, 2020
Just curious, I want to see if other forums have more resources about methods and stuff. The more access I have to information like that, the better.

Reactions: Disappointered
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I want to see if other forums have more resources about methods and stuff. The more access I have to information like that, the better.
I don't know about any others, but have you gone through all of this already?? Seriously, this site's resources/reference materials are MASSIVE, imho. I'd guess about the biggest and best organized anywhere... Be sure to scroll down the whole thing so you know what you're dealing with...
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/

Last edited:
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
There's a couple subreddits out there but as far as I have seen there isn't much else of value that we don't already know about here

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
There are others and by others I mean like 3 or 4 websites/forums dedicated to suicide but to my understanding they don't allow explicit method talk.

Reactions: DeathBySuicide
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm really sorry you feel like that, but I would recommend you talking to a doctor, or contacting a suicide hotline first. Committing suicide isn't a simple choice. Your family, friends, and many other people would miss you. Besides, most methods have horrible consequences if you fail; trust me, I've done my research. They could lead to brain damage, permanent organ failure, paralysis, and other horrible problems that you would have to live with for the rest of your life. Besides, a suicide pact is actually illegal in many places, so asking for a suicide partner is technically committing a crime. Try talking to someone you trust about the pain you're feeling; it could help you. I, for one, am glad that I'm alive despite having attempted suicide 7 times thus far. Talking to people has really helped me.

I get good intentions and I'm not trying to demonize you, but this isn't a site where we try to influence others to live or to die, especially not with guilt trips or fear-mongering about attempts unless it's a specific type of attempt that's likely to fail, but rather to be supportive in one making an autonomous, self-determined choice to live or to die. I've looked at your post history, and this is one of at least three posts that's heavy on the pro-life rhetoric, pushing doctors, hotlines, guilt-tripping about family, and/or generalized consequences of failure. It's pretty much a pro-life boilerplate script, not at all pro-choice, so it sets off alarms in a space that the Rules and FAQ make clear in the first paragraph about this being a safe space to discuss choice in suicide.

Anyhow, I've reported it to the mods and I'll let them decide, it's not my forum and I have no special role or influence here, just speaking from my heart and my gut that this doesn't feel at all supportive of choice, it reads like rhetoric that's highly appropriate for a suicide support site with a pro-life focus and goals.

Sending compassion and sincere best wishes for your own desired recovery.

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I know of some defunct ones, but this seems to be the best existing one

Reactions: DeathBySuicide
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The closest thing to this forum is probably The Peaceful Pill forums. But you need to be over 50 and you have to apply for membership.

If you're just looking for information you could check our resource page that @profoundexperience linked above. It's a fairly complete list of known methods from across the web.

To me it sounds like you're looking for the "perfect" method aka "the peaceful pill." Unfortunately there really isn't one, N is about as close as it gets.