• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
One of my favorite rap lines comes from Aesop Rock "Fifteen years taking prescriptions, now the shrink like, 'I don't know, maybe get a kitten'".

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Yes.

I had to put my cat down last month. Heart failure. He was 18, and kept me alive for as long as he was old. I'm convinced he was a psychic alien cat.

He always laid with me when I was sick. If anyone got near me, he would hiss at them and stand as if he was protecting me. Every time I had pneumonia, he only left my bed to eat & go to the bathroom.

When he was dying, the last two weeks, my chest felt so heavy. I ended up in the ER because the chest pain was so bad that I thought I was actually having a heart attack.

When I put him down, the pain stopped. As it did with the tooth pain that I had, that stopped when one of his teeth was removed.

I miss him. I have a new cat, but you know, it's not the same. He's still adorable, though.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Yes. I'm working on a plan to adopt 20 and train them to help me take over the world. Or at least my street.

But really I miss having a cat around the house since mine passed. Hoping for a new one soon.

B

Brainpain

chronic pain
Jun 14, 2019
Yes.

I had to put my cat down last month. Heart failure. He was 18, and kept me alive for as long as he was old. I'm convinced he was a psychic alien cat.

He always laid with me when I was sick. If anyone got near me, he would hiss at them and stand as if he was protecting me. Every time I had pneumonia, he only left my bed to eat & go to the bathroom.

When he was dying, the last two weeks, my chest felt so heavy. I ended up in the ER because the chest pain was so bad that I thought I was actually having a heart attack.

When I put him down, the pain stopped. As it did with the tooth pain that I had, that stopped when one of his teeth was removed.

I miss him. I have a new cat, but you know, it's not the same. He's still adorable, though.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a cat like that too. By my side in my most intense pain. If he wasn't I called and he came running. He was my best friend in the world. I had him almost all my adult life. It hurts really bad to suddenly have that void. Anyone who hasn't been there doesn't understand. It is not "just a cat".
Animals in general. Some people care more about their pets than they care about themselves.

What happens to my pet when I'm dead? etc...
This is a face. I did not feel ready to CTB until my senior cat died as I knew there would be no one to take care of him. He gave me a reason to get up in the morning and made my heath issues more tolerable by providing comfort. I have a new cat, but it's not the same.

Last edited:
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I think they are. I notice on depression websites, people often have cat avatars. I know my depression would be worse without my cat.

I think cats are awesome. If I wasn't serious about CTB I would have one. I have had two different cat avatars since I've been here. :smiling:
Though I think originally I didn't have a pic.

Animals in general. Some people care more about their pets than they care about themselves.

What happens to my pet when I'm dead? etc...

That is how I feel. I would worry about what would happen to it when I'm gone.
Yes I love all animals but cats are my favourite.

I feel the same.

Last edited:
ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
I hate dogs with a passion. Mainly because they are dangerous (some 25000 people die of dog attacks each year) and so obnoxious. Never heard a cat kill anyone. Really cats have everything to love about them.

If cats were bigger they would definitely kill us. I have two of the bastards that I absolutely adore. I've had cats around my entire life due to being far outside of the city and they kept the damn ground squirrels in check so they didn't eat our feed for the animals my siblings and I showed during our times in FFA. Right now I have a male black dsh and a female tortoiseshell calico. The female, Chloe, is probably the cat I have been the most attached to. And that's saying a lot because I've had so many. Back when I was still married I was a mechanic/outside supervisor for a family fun place called golf n stuff. I repaired the bumber boats and go karts. I left to go to work and there was this super pregnant cat sleeping on my welcome mat. And being a softie for cats I took her inside and went and grabbed her food and litter quickly before work. So I got her set up and when I came home she had somehow acquired six kittens. 4 females and two males. We enjoyed our time raising the kittens and then they all were adopted by friends except for the tortie that I had decided to keep. 13 years later throughout the nasty divorce and custody battle that cat saw me through it all. She's super neurotic but is the best companion I could ever ask for. But yeah, if they were as big as a lion or other large cat your throat would be missing the first night you accidentally left your bedroom door open. Nothing says I love you like being throttled in your sleep.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I hate dogs with a passion. Mainly because they are dangerous (some 25000 people die of dog attacks each year) and so obnoxious. Never heard a cat kill anyone. Really cats have everything to love about them.
Dogs can't help it though.We created them. They co-evolved with us.

S

Strumgewehr

Experienced
Jun 7, 2018
If cats were bigger they would definitely kill us. I have two of the bastards that I absolutely adore. I've had cats around my entire life due to being far outside of the city and they kept the damn ground squirrels in check so they didn't eat our feed for the animals my siblings and I showed during our times in FFA. Right now I have a male black dsh and a female tortoiseshell calico. The female, Chloe, is probably the cat I have been the most attached to. And that's saying a lot because I've had so many. Back when I was still married I was a mechanic/outside supervisor for a family fun place called golf n stuff. I repaired the bumber boats and go karts. I left to go to work and there was this super pregnant cat sleeping on my welcome mat. And being a softie for cats I took her inside and went and grabbed her food and litter quickly before work. So I got her set up and when I came home she had somehow acquired six kittens. 4 females and two males. We enjoyed our time raising the kittens and then they all were adopted by friends except for the tortie that I had decided to keep. 13 years later throughout the nasty divorce and custody battle that cat saw me through it all. She's super neurotic but is the best companion I could ever ask for. But yeah, if they were as big as a lion or other large cat your throat would be missing the first night you accidentally left your bedroom door open. Nothing says I love you like being throttled in your sleep.

I get your point. I'd be very concerned if my neighbour had a puma for pet. But as long as she's a regular old housecat, we're good.