• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I've always loved it. I like the atmosphere, the imagery, the beautiful desperation, the "everything's gonna be ok" you just have to die now. I remember books like The Stand - Earth Abides - Malevil or movies like The road - These final Hours, it's dark but deeply beautiful at the same time. The end of The Divide for example, I didn't really like the movie but the ending is so beautiful. Yeah I know, music has a lot to do with it. I am a fan of the dark type though, no hope in sight.

Last edited:
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
I've always loved it. I like the atmosphere, the imagery, the beautiful desperation, the "everything's gonna be ok" you just have to die now. I remember books like The Stand - Earth Abides or movies like The road - These final Hours, it's dark but deeply beautiful at the same time. The end of The Divide for example, I didn't really like the movie but the ending is so beautiful. Yeah I know, music has a lot to do with it. I am a fan of the dark type though, no hope in sight.

I loved The Divide. An apocalyptic take on lord of the flies in my opinion. I get the bleak ending though, fits the movie perfectly

Reactions: a_strange_day
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Steven King's Dark Tower books

Edward1

Edward1

Meh!
Sep 18, 2019
Steven King's Dark Tower book series is incredible, 8 in all I think, intertwined with all his novels since the 1970's. But then totally undermined by that excuse for a film of the same name. I was waiting over 20 years for a series of films in a similar vein to say Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. The biggest dissapointment in film history. Appallingly written, appallingly acted, appallingly executed. Apart from that it was brilliant. Rant over on the film you'll be very pleased to know. My advice to Stephen King? Start over on the film franchise. Pretend that piece of shit for a film never existed.

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
Steven King's Dark Tower book series is incredible, 8 in all I think, intertwined with all his novels since the 1970's. But then totally undermined by that excuse for a film of the same name.

Yes The Dark Tower, I liked it but stopped after The Waste Lands. About the movie I think we can agree that almost every S.King TV/Movie adaptations were a complete disaster, except IMHO Shawshank Redemption, Misery, D Claiborne, The Shining and maybe 1-2 other more or less watchable. I didn't watch the The Dark Tower movie because I knew it couldn't be anything else than total crap. I usually don't watch a movie if I've already read the book because I'm going to be disappointed anyway.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah the movie was never going to work. I though the first book was amazing because you didn't quite know what was going on. The final book was a bit disappointing but such is the nature of such things. Stuff had to be explained and concluded and that demystified it. But I loved how it was worked into other books too.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Try the Jerusalem Man books by David Gemmel too.

I

inthespines

December wind has come my way
Sep 30, 2019
This made me think of a book I read as a child. Out of The Mouth of The Dragon, by Mark S Geston. It pictures a bleak future world, where everyone is longing for Armageddon and an end to the world.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
post-apoc has been my favorite genre since forever. Others see it as horror but I see it as salvation (and horror.)