• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Serio

Serio

Feb 24, 2020
Hey so I'm not entirely sure if I am putting this in the right place but in all honesty this site has helped me a good amnt and I wanna help you guys back so if any of you are contemplating but not sure feel free to vent here abt stuff and I'll react and reply and maybe can help you out a bit so you feel in a better head space maybe getting stress out can help some of you go on atlesst one more day is my thought process Bc it helped me when I posted here and was contemplating so idk if this will help any of you or if anyone will talk at all but basically what I'm tryna say is this site has helped me recover a bit so I wanna try and help some of you guys to <3 if you want so if u need anyone to vent to yeah. If I posted this in wrong place srry I was just like I'm talking abt recovery so I guess I post it here? So if anyone else is looking for help to recover I would be willing to try to help Bc you all helped me a little (Srry for repeating a lot) oh I will also list some recovery tips that I used or others have rn.
1. Rubber band on wrist if ur cutting try instead hitting ur wrist with a rubber band
2. Ice cube feel like cutting try rubbing ice cube on skin
3. Talking if you have any thoughts abt cutting or suicide before doing any of the actions vent to people it helps me to vent anonymously online Bc then u can do it practically anytime and you won't have to worry abt burdening irl friends (not that u do burden them I just know that's probs a worry some of u have Bc that's how I think)
4.Honesly animals help calm me when I'm sad cuddling them so maybe that as well
5. Hobbies (mine for example that I do when in bad headspace is paint/draw/ photography taking photos of nature/ video games
6. THIS has been the BIGGEST helper for me atleast and that is simply helping people because for me atlesst seeing smiles on people's face and seeing that I can change some people's world for the better encourages me to keep going
7. Hot ass baths honestly pretty nice
8. Working out
9. Looking into the future in a positive way like thinking abt helping a kid when your older in same situation like you whether that be u adopt a depressed kid etc for me this helps me recover because it makes me think about how some kids are going to b in the same situation as me and if I keep going I could be one of the few that understand them to help them so they don't fall as far as I did and continue to do quite often (this may sound like u are not recovering but others are but in reality helping others recover can help you recover with them as well atleast that's how I work kinda haha)
10. Make goals instead of just not doing anything and getting like more and more depressed with how much everything sucks I found that making goals to chase after whether that be getting 100 Instagram followers or winning a tournament it helps distract and helps me recover a little Bc then when you complete a goal you get a little bit of dopamine happy juice haha Bc it's like wow! I achieved something.

that's all the recovery tips I can give rn that I have used or friends! If anyone has any other ideas leave them below and also if anyone is feeling down and needs to vent to me and want recover also feel free to below and I will give u all my support <3

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Congratulations on the steps you have already accomplished and the direction you are headed. Being able to create a perspective that allows you to see how you might be able to help others is very healthy.

Those who have survived difficulties in life are in a good position to help those who still struggle.

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Journaling, whatever style works for you. Just get it out
I used to do tons of writing,especially if you have nobody to talk to. You're totally right that getting it out is a huge help. I once made the mistake of letting my keyworker read some and wound up getting sectioned because they thought i was dangerous,so now I tend to shred or burn everything

Q

quicksand

Jan 19, 2021
I started journaling but maybe it's not for me. Instead of letting out negative emotions it tends to embolden them, like I'm giving them life by acknowledging they exist.

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
I started journaling but maybe it's not for me. Instead of letting out negative emotions it tends to embolden them, like I'm giving them life by acknowledging they exist.
Those negative feelings have got to come out somewhere. For me, better on paper than in my actions. You're right though, it can make them seem more. If you feel safe try giving them some space in writing, less for you to carry inside