• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
I feel like I'm floating in space. my arms feel light as I type on the keyboard but I'm not typing. My body is typing as I just watch from the inside-out. Feels like my body is moving on its own while I think. Everything just feels strange. I feel the need to constantly test my reality in unsafe ways. life isn't real, this isn't real.

B

barkbark

Jan 22, 2024
in healthier options that sometimes work for me, grounding techniques help:

5-4-3-2-1 technique is a pretty good one. count 5 things you can hear in the room around you, 4 things you can see, 3 you can touch from where you are sitting, 2 that you can smell, and preferably 1 you can taste but sometimes you don't have something nearby.

chewing on an ice cube is another one that can help me personally, or holding an ice cube (just be careful not to make your hand hurt by doing it for too long.)

also one that i've heard works is running cold water over either your hand or the back of your neck, again, try not to do it too long though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
in healthier options that sometimes work for me, grounding techniques help:

5-4-3-2-1 technique is a pretty good one. count 5 things you can hear in the room around you, 4 things you can see, 3 you can touch from where you are sitting, 2 that you can smell, and preferably 1 you can taste but sometimes you don't have something nearby.

chewing on an ice cube is another one that can help me personally, or holding an ice cube (just be careful not to make your hand hurt by doing it for too long.)

also one that i've heard works is running cold water over either your hand or the back of your neck, again, try not to do it too long though.
5-4-3-2-1 technique works pretty well for me when I'm not too deep in the dissociation.

Like someone said, you can try to ground yourself by using your senses. Like having a piece of sour candy. Or smelling something that smells good and really trying to identify all the scents. Touching things works for me too. I have two soft comforters, I like to bury my face in them (softly so I can breathe) or put one over my shoulders and rub the comforter with my fingers. Or even touching myself (lol), like my face or my arm. It reminds me that I do exist.

Running cold water on your wrists might work too.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I dissociate a lot - I do a lot of grounding, mindfulness and exercising (which I haven't done for ages due to other challenges) also helps.

Reactions: LetMeBeSad
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
I feel like my hands and feet don't belong to me. Like someone cut mine off and now I just have phantoms where they used to be. I also get the lightness feeling. Sounds dumb but, I like a weighted blanket because it "holds" my limbs down.

I'd like to echo the 54321 method too. Works well for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Does anyone here ever go walking and suddenly become extra aware of their existence, like shit i have a body?

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Does anyone here ever go walking and suddenly become extra aware of their existence, like shit i have a body?
I went walking last night and it felt like i was just watching my body walk on its own. Not grounding for me, especially since i walk like a drunk person coming home from a pub, I can barley walk straight.

Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy
apeaceofmind

apeaceofmind

everything's black..
Jan 31, 2024
only really happens for me if i stay still, or at least thats when i notice it more. i get the ghostly lightweight feeling in my arms and legs. sometimes in my vision too