• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
I always had problems asking for help. Whether it be a school assignment, a move that I can't get in martial arts, or going to a counselor/therapist/doctor - I always have to struggle with everything until mental exhaustion. And at that point, I'd rather give up than ask for assistance.

I think it's a combination of my social anxiety and memories of a mean elementary school teacher who would yell at people asking for help. I had this teacher for four years and she taught most subjects.

In high school physics, after struggling with a problem in class, I asked to go to the washroom, and went outside and ran laps to "burn off" the frustration. When I decided to get help for my anxiety/depression from the school counselor, I walked around the school crying. If I'm sick, I always wait until the pain is unbearable.

It's always been something that negatively affects my life.

Thoughts? Anybody in the same boat?

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I always had problems asking for help. Whether it be a school assignment, a move that I can't get in martial arts, or going to a counselor/therapist/doctor - I always have to struggle with everything until mental exhaustion. And at that point, I'd rather give up than ask for assistance.

I think it's a combination of my social anxiety and memories of a mean elementary school teacher who would yell at people asking for help. I had this teacher for four years and she taught most subjects.

In high school physics, after struggling with a problem in class, I asked to go to the washroom, and went outside and ran laps to "burn off" the frustration. When I decided to get help for my anxiety/depression from the school counselor, I walked around the school crying. If I'm sick, I always wait until the pain is unbearable.

It's always been something that negatively affects my life.

Thoughts? Anybody in the same boat?
Absolutely feel this brother

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Asking for help ingeneral can seem to be a hill too high to climb. Alternatively you might try asking a small specific question that would open the door to a larger issue.

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Isn't that why half of us are here? i gave up asking for help when it kept slapping me in the face. Trust and rely on no one and you can't be let down, saves a load of disappointment in life

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
My situation is that I rarely believe I need to ask for help. Only when things get out of hand do I get the message.

• Hugs
Reactions: suicidal_joe
kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
Asking for help ingeneral can seem to be a hill too high to climb. Alternatively you might try asking a small specific question that would open the door to a larger issue.
One time I worked up to the courage to ask an instructor to watch me cut some metal with oxy-acetylene torch to figure out what I was doing wrong. Well, I happened to make the perfect cut while she was watching and she was like "that's a great cut, good job" She walked away and I went back to making awful incomplete cuts with my torch popping out every 10 seconds.