• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
I didn't even know what sarcasm was until I was 18 or 19. Then I noticed that nearly everyone that I was around fucking LOVED sarcasm. I actually felt like sarcasm was a 6th sense that everyone else had but I didn't. Where's your sense of sarcasm? They said it's just humor. People make it sound like if you're not sarcastic, that you have NO sense of humor at all. That's not true. I'm more of a fan of slapstick goofy comedy than I am sarcasm. I understand sarcasm more now, since (unfortunately) I've been around so much of it in my adult life. But when I was younger, the jokes sometimes just went right over my head, which sucks because a lot of times sarcasm was used to insult me.

Apparently it's important to be witty and clever with people. Another thing that I hate. It makes things complex and difficult.

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
It can get old pretty quick, especially if one of you doesn't understand why the other is being mean or rude using random sarcasm instead of meaningful joking sarcasm. If that makes sense.
I use sarcasm, but I suppose ideally, I would prefer it didn't exist.
I tend to prefer to take all things people say literally and honestly.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I didn't even know what sarcasm was until I was 18 or 19. Then I noticed that nearly everyone that I was around fucking LOVED sarcasm. I actually felt like sarcasm was a 6th sense that everyone else had but I didn't. Where's your sense of sarcasm? They said it's just humor. People make it sound like if you're not sarcastic, that you have NO sense of humor at all. That's not true. I'm more of a fan of slapstick goofy comedy than I am sarcasm. I understand sarcasm more now, since (unfortunately) I've been around so much of it in my adult life. But when I was younger, the jokes sometimes just went right over my head, which sucks because a lot of times sarcasm was used to insult me.

Apparently it's important to be witty and clever with people. Another thing that I hate. It makes things complex and difficult.
I do sarcasm it's easy and a good shot at getting a laugh. But out of of principle I would only make joke about total complete and utter bastards (no one here fits that category btw! You have all just been judged. I'll let myself out). Or just any govt system, etc etc. But I forget that it's not always appreciated. It's just that I grew up in a family where even the worst humour was used to diffuse very tense situations. Not sure it worked.

Last edited:
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Maybe it comes across passive aggressive to you? like dry humor? yeah I rarely use it, I feel better conveying humor with joy :D
Ive heard its perceived more negatively in the USA. Gonna make it harder for me making friends thinking about, sarcasm is popular in the UK. All you need is to pick a fair target. Its a shame so many ass holes don't do that

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I love sarcasm. Love. It. Speak it fluently. Seriously, I wish it had a font.

Just read your other post about autism. This makes perfect sense. People on the autism spectrum often take things literally. This explains why you didn't know what sarcasm was til you were 18. Now someone explain why I came out of the womb rolling my eyes and telling the doctor I really enjoyed his use of forceps.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecaf...com/2012/12/13/are-you-joking-or-serious/amp/

Last edited:
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
Ive heard its perceived more negatively in the USA. Gonna make it harder for me making friends thinking about, sarcasm is popular in the UK. All you need is to pick a fair target. Its a shame so many ass holes don't do that

I hear Brits say that all the time, but I don't know why. americans LOVE sarcasm. Lots of them do. Maybe Brits are more sarcastic, but there's certainly no shortage of it over here. Ever watch Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart? Alot of american comedians are sarcastic.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

It's an easy way for stupid people to come off as clever or that is at least what they think. :ahhha: It's also an easy way to be an asshole and sometimes you just want to take the easy road.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
It's an easy way for stupid people to come off as clever or that is at least what they think. :ahhha: It's also an easy way to be an asshole and sometimes you just want to take the easy road.

Not necessarily. People like Colbert are extremely sarcastic, but his humor is nuanced and clever.

It is, however, a cheap way to be hateful or ugly to someone if you're a total douche nozzle.

I'm team sarcasm, as long as it's not directly hurtful or mean.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It depends on the context it's used in, the tone of voice the person has, and depending on my mood. If it is used to dismiss something I find serious, then I will be at least mildly annoyed, if not, a bit angry. So in short, I don't really say I hate sarcasm, but overuse or use in the wrong contexts does bug me.

[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018

I have a hard time detecting what people really feel/mean online because I can't pick up their tone of voice.

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
Not necessarily. People like Colbert are extremely sarcastic, but his humor is nuanced and clever.

It is, however, a cheap way to be hateful or ugly to someone if you're a total douche nozzle.

I'm team sarcasm, as long as it's not directly hurtful or mean.

See some of you are saying it's an easy or cheap way to be mean to someone, but to me sarcasm is a little complex kinda like algebra or science. So it doesn't seem that "easy" to do. It seems you have to be really clever plus have the initiative to fuck with somebody like that.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
See some of you are saying it's an easy or cheap way to be mean to someone, but to me sarcasm is a little complex kinda like algebra or science. So it doesn't seem that "easy" to do. It seems you have to be really clever plus have the initiative to fuck with somebody like that.

Nah, it's just pretending to take a stance on something but making it obvious, you don't really have such a stance in order to make someone else feel stupid.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018

Yes, some will say it's the lowest form of comedy, but like any type of humor, there's sophisticated and there's cheap, and of course there's the ability to deride others.

Being sarcastic doesn't necessarily mean being snide or snarky, but they do go hand in hand an awful lot of the time.

Now, being clever does elevate it to a kind of art form. But if it's not your thing, or you never develop an appreciation for it, don't let anyone make you feel bad about it-- you do you, without apology.

I don't know if this will help crack the sarcasm code for you, but here are some of the most iconic comedy characters ever on TV, made famous by their sarcasm and yes, usually their snark:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.storypick.com/hurting-your-stomach/amp/

GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
Yes, some will say it's the lowest form of comedy, but like any type of humor, there's sophisticated and there's cheap, and of course there's the ability to deride others.

Being sarcastic doesn't necessarily mean being snide or snarky, but they do go hand in hand an awful lot of the time.

Now, being clever does elevate it to a kind of art form. But if it's not your thing, or you never develop an appreciation for it, don't let anyone make you feel bad about it-- you do you, without apology.

I don't know if this will help crack the sarcasm code for you, but here are some of the most iconic comedy characters ever on TV, made famous by their sarcasm and yes, usually their snark:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.storypick.com/hurting-your-stomach/amp/

I get sarcasm more now than when I was younger. Up until a few years ago it was like a foreign language.

I loved Fresh Prince growing up, that was best example. And Jeffrey (the butler) was extremely sarcastic, especially towards Uncle Phil (RIP James Avery).

But I hate House and the guy on Scrubs. Brian C. McGinley plays a lot of asshole roles in movies.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I get sarcasm more now than when I was younger. Up until a few years ago it was like a foreign language.

I loved Fresh Prince growing up, that was best example. And Jeffrey (the butler) was extremely sarcastic, especially towards Uncle Phil (RIP James Avery).

But I hate House and the guy on Scrubs. Brian C. McGinley plays a lot of asshole roles in movies.

There you go! I sure hope things get better for you at school.