• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
Doki Doki Literature Club. It's free on Steam. Not too long of a game, but it does get really dark. There are themes of suicide in it.
Oh, that's a great choice! It starts off really cutesy and bubbly and lighthearted then slowly devolves into horror. It hits you like a sack of bricks, you won't see what's coming (unless you're already seen spoilers). It's like suddenly staring down into a vortex of insanity :) Totally love this thread by the way!

A

AsexualBarbieBoy

Jun 7, 2019
Oh, that's a great choice! It starts off really cutesy and bubbly and lighthearted then slowly devolves into horror. It hits you like a sack of bricks, you won't see what's coming (unless you're already seen spoilers). It's like suddenly staring down into a vortex of insanity :) Totally love this thread by the way!

Doki Doki Literature Club. It's free on Steam. Not too long of a game, but it does get really dark. There are themes of suicide in it.

Thanks. Downloaded it and will probably play tonight.

Nihil

Nihil

Student
Mar 4, 2019
Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion: HD Rennovation is also another good one, and it's also on Steam. I can't remember if there's a whole lot of suicide themes in the game, but death in general and terror are definitely big themes. Might seem a little repetitive, and might be a little unusual in terms of a horror game, but I'd say it's still worthy of a play.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I think Lux -Pain on the Nintendo DS did but don't take my word for it

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
I got both the original life is strange and before the storm late last month, finished them 2 weeks ago.
Loved it. I had never play a game of that kind.
Funny how i got to play it during a heavy depressive crisis and somehow, the game's sad and forlorn atmosphere mingled with my own state of mind. On one hand i found it depressing but on the other hand it was a beautiful story and i loved it.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
I got both the original life is strange and before the storm late last month, finished them 2 weeks ago.
Loved it. I had never play a game of that kind.
Funny how i got to play it during a heavy depressive crisis and somehow, the game's sad and forlorn atmosphere mingled with my own state of mind. On one hand i found it depressing but on the other hand it was a beautiful story and i loved it.
awesome game. really goes dark in some places too. highly recommend ooh and the sound track is amazing

Reactions: Darkhaven
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
I guess mass effect 3 could count as that since it's basically how it ends. Also, the first one deals with the issue of euthanasia in a sidequest.

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

May 19, 2019
awesome game. really goes dark in some places too. highly recommend ooh and the sound track is amazing

Loved it! I wasn't expecting it to get into such deep and violent themes, but that only made it better for me. It surprised me.
That pause menu theme song of before the storm still triggers feelings of both sadness and enjoyment in my mind.
I'm very strict and ceptic when it comes to buying games. I normally only buy games that i'm familiar with.
However, sometimes trying a different game is just what you need to refresh a little bit.
Life is strange was one such game.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Loved it! I wasn't expecting it to get into such deep and violent themes, but that only made it better for me. It surprised me.
That pause menu theme song of before the storm still triggers feelings of both sadness and enjoyment in my mind.
I'm very strict and ceptic when it comes to buying games. I normally only buy games that i'm familiar with.
However, sometimes trying a different game is just what you need to refresh a little bit.
Life is strange was one such game.
It also had some great gay and lesbian themes. which for anyone like that. we kind of look for any kind of validation in games and movies.

Reactions: Darkhaven
JSRF

JSRF

Student
May 30, 2018
"Actual Sunlight" It's rather short and not much of a game but well written nonetheless

A

AsexualBarbieBoy

Jun 7, 2019

Thank you so much for this rec. Just finished it. What an experience. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it but I'd definitely highly reccommend even if you don't think you'd enjoy visual novels.

Reactions: Manaaja and Nihil
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

May 19, 2019
Thank you so much for this rec. Just finished it. What an experience. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it but I'd definitely highly reccommend even if you don't think you'd enjoy visual novels.
What's it about?

Nihil

Nihil

Student
Mar 4, 2019
Really glad you enjoyed it. It took me for quite a surprise too, and messed with me towards the end. Overall though, it's definitely a great game, especially for psychological horror.

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

May 19, 2019
It's best to go into it as blindly as possible but in short, your childhood friend invites you to join a literature club. But all is not as it seems.
Couldn't find it on psn.
Maybe it's a steam exclusive?

A

AsexualBarbieBoy

Jun 7, 2019
Today I played The Static Speaks My Name which is an interesting game that can be completed in under an hour. I also played Actual Sunlight which was beautiful and took about an hour or so.

Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
I think that you are looking for some dark as fuck game where protagonist goes through hell and that features themes of suicide. Silent hill 2 would be great choice. You might emphatize with the protagonist as he goes through the game encountering fucked up horrific stuff.

Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
"missed messages." It's short, but it talks about depression, self-harm and suicide.

Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
There is an obscure VN called Shira Oka: Second chances which features suicide. It's really long though, and they don't let you skip very efficiently when playing over through the different routes.