• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AbusedInnocent

Apr 5, 2024
Really need to vent right now.

I've always been quite different when it comes to my personality, beliefs and morals. Never really cared what other people thought of me or my opinions, I never gave a higher importance to the opinions of authority figures, I idolize no one and don't need a person or book to tell me what to do or believe, I always try to stay unbiased, I do as much research as possible and listen to different opinions but sometimes come up with my own unique views, I don't take anything for granted and always analyze it myself no matter what others think of it, the idea of certain subjects being taboo that shouldn't be talked about is honestly ridiculous.

It's not easy overthinking everything and it's definitely taking its toll on me but it's a small price to pay for finding truth, problem is the average person is an idiot and you can't really discuss anything with them so I've been keeping my beliefs to myself but now it's becoming quite hard, I'm constantly arguing with myself even on things I've already made up my mind on like I have an unshakable desire to meet someone like me and it's stressing me out, usually seeing videos of someone with the same beliefs as me helps calm my nerves but what about the things nobody agrees with me on?

I really value this forum as somewhere I can discuss literally anything and see logical reasoning, makes me sad to see such little interaction on Offtopic.

Seeing people disagree on the most basic things like the existence of god or the meaning of life and being hateful towards anyone who is different (physically, in opinions, beliefs or hobbies) drives me crazy, can we stop worshiping this idealized "normal" and accept our our differences as part of what makes us human?

And then they'll pretend that they figured out the ideal way to live life and how everyone else is living their life wrong, what makes you say there's an objectively correct way to live life? We're just animals that evolved certain unique cognitive abilities who are born into a meaningless life without our consent, it's not wrong to live as a hunter-gatherer in a desert, it's not wrong to want to change the world for the better, it's not wrong to want to live a normal life either, there's more than one way to live life.

It's 2024 and this is what humanity is like? Some 12000 years of civilization and we still hate each other? We humans really give ourselves too much credit.

Now that I've written this thread I feel like I've been rambling about random crap, I'll post it anyway, worst case scenario I've been talking to myself again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dark Moon, binturong, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Don't let peoples insecurities crush your thinking. All some seem to do is destroy any noble contentedness someone may find because they are too cowardly to seek a different perspective themselves. They just want you to validate their own beliefs.
Where as some of us like our beliefs challenged because it either leads us to new and more suited ideas or reinforces already good ones.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AbusedInnocent