BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I used to be jealous of people like that when I was younger. My feelings towards life completely override anything like that now.

Reactions: newave3 and GenesAndEnvironment
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
For over five years I've been absurdly jealous at even the mere mention of happy couples and romantic relationships no matter who is involved. Even fictional characters getting a happy ending has made me irrationally angry and caused me to sink deeper into my own pit of hate.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, GenesAndEnvironment and UseItOrLoseIt
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Me and my therapist brought up my tendency towards jealousy. We are going to focus on jealousy for now. She asked me how often I compare myself to others, it turns out quite a bit. It doesn't really spawn as a coherent set of thoughts, just a tinge of pain that rises in my chest and I experience powerful, raw emotion without words put into it. I leave whatever social setting it is if possible, and I bury my head in the sand due to the overwhelmed feeling. Once I've withdrawn and buried my head in the sand I calm down, it's then that I start to hate myself and compare myself to others. I don't feel like these overwhelming emotions align with who I am as a person. I don't know why I do it and I don't want to do it. I guess I will see if she can help me stop.

I told her that I feel like jealousy causes my emotional maturity to go out the window, like a switch flips and suddenly I am operating on the level of a child. I dislike this about myself so much.

Jealousy is this shitty self defeating emotion that doesn't accomplish anything. It is completely worthless unlike anger or joy or sadness, there is no utility in experiencing it. Yet it happens over and over. It is like the rational part of my soul knows it is pointless, but the emotional side won't stop no matter how much I tell it to be quiet.

Last edited:
Reactions: newave3 and deflationary
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Through all the decades, I have meet every stripe of life that one can imagine. Everything from homeless folks to billionaires and everything in between.

I must be weird, as I sometimes am envious but never jealous. Jealousy to me just causes so much internal chaos for me that it makes my ulcers act up.

I always try my best to think positive thoughts when meeting someone and let them present themselves as they wish.

Walter

Reactions: newave3 and GenesAndEnvironment
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Oh yeah, it feels as if everyone else has better lives than me.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere