• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm interested in art and gifts. I'm kinda good with art, maybe an eye for art.

That's very fortunate! Art and gifts are well suited for small businesses and can be managed in many different ways. You can work from home, you can frequent fairs, you can open a shop, and so on and so forth. What are you interested in? Painting, etching, handicraft, decoration, or something completely different?

(And what a surprise that you are bipolar and also happen to be creative. :P)

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
That's very fortunate! Art and gifts are well suited for small businesses and can be managed in many different ways. You can work from home, you can frequent fairs, you can open a shop, and so on and so forth. What are you interested in? Painting, etching, handicraft, decoration, or something completely different?

(And what a surprise that you are bipolar and also happen to be creative. :P)
All of it I guess. :hihi:

https://en.pinkoi.com/browse?category=5&page=2&subcategory=517

I'm inspired by this link. But it's all expensive, probably a high barrier of entry.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
All of it I guess. :hihi:

https://en.pinkoi.com/browse?category=5&page=2&subcategory=517

I'm inspired by this link. But it's all expensive, probably a high barrier of entry.

The higher the costs, the higher the risks, obviously. If you have the money and really feel inspired, it might be worth a shot. Don't forget that you can create very beautiful items with very simple materials, though. For instance, I think people would be prepared to pay good money for this and it's just made of a piece of paper, literally:

Origami

I'm not saying that you should try to become an origami expert, just that you don't necessarily need to use costly methods or materials to succeed.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
There is all sorts of arts and crafty things, diamond paintings, jewellery making, making cards and other paper crafts. People like to buy these things as well becuase handmade items are pretty popular lately. You can sell online as well on sites like Etsy.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
There is all sorts of arts and crafty things, diamond paintings, jewellery making, making cards and other paper crafts. People like to buy these things as well becuase handmade items are pretty popular lately. You can sell online as well on sites like Etsy.

Excellent suggestions! puppy9, I think you sould listen to BPD Barbie. I've made some purchases at Etsy myself and it's a perfect marketplace for what you have in mind.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Excellent suggestions! puppy9, I think you sould listen to BPD Barbie. I've made some purchases at Etsy myself and it's a perfect marketplace for what you have in mind.
I've purchased and sold on there before, used to make jewellery a long time ago. Its so easy to navigate and really well known. You can get supplies on there also, make a cute little shop, protection for buyers and sellers :smiling:

EmptyArms

EmptyArms

Student
Dec 1, 2019
There's a ridiculous profit margin on hand made greetings cards. It's quite hard to find good quality, beautiful outside/ blank inside greetings cards . Quick to make. Easy to sell to friends and family if they are supportive, quite easy to sell to small gift outlets. Maybe suggest a sale or return basis. Providing a gift stand would be cheaper than renting premises.

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
What country are you in?
Malaysia
Great ideas @BPD Barbie @Sensei
I'll guess I need to search what can I do with this. Thanks
Have you had any previous jobs that you have enjoyed?
I am thinking that knowing that might help us to make more focused suggestions.
Sadly no. I always quit my job after a few days.
There's a ridiculous profit margin on hand made greetings cards. It's quite hard to find good quality, beautiful outside/ blank inside greetings cards . Quick to make. Easy to sell to friends and family if they are supportive, quite easy to sell to small gift outlets. Maybe suggest a sale or return basis. Providing a gift stand would be cheaper than renting premises.
Really! thanks for the tips @EmptyArms

Last edited:
Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Evidence is the path to the truth. Maybe.
Oct 17, 2019
If you don't mind me asking, what makes you quit after a few days, @puppy9?

• Love
Reactions: puppy9 and Sensei
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
The word "loser" is a construct of an artificial world of prep school boys that rely on a narrrow subset of equally wealthy preppy lads to lurch ahead.
If society was a meritocracy, do you actually believe that BoJo would be at the helm of "Brexit"? Good Lord, he can't even negotiate a decent haircut!

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I make and sell a few kinds of art. I used to have a shop on Etsy, but I've pretty much shut it down. To be successful in there requires an extraordinary amount of energy and persistence that I just don't have. The market is supersaturated, and it's hard to get noticed.

I started selling on Facebook instead through a group, and that's been very good to me. The bonus is you can make friends with your customer base and don't have to pay fees to list items. Etsy fees are not a lot, but they add up annoyingly quickly. Especially when you're struggling to sell.

Any kind of business is going to take a lot of marketing, though. Just be aware of that. Success is not usually a quick thing. But if you have the motivation, I say definitely go for it. The whole endeavor could even give you a reason to stick around. Art in itself is very therapeutic.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
POD (Print on demand) is a low risk option and doesn't really involve any upfront costs. I've made a little bit of money doing this. But you really have to have some design skills and know how to use programs like Photoshop. It's kind of hard for me to explain it properly. I'd post a link to a youtube video that explains it better but I don't know if I'm allowed to post that here.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
POD (Print on demand) is a low risk option and doesn't really involve any upfront costs. I've made a little bit of money doing this. But you really have to have some design skills and know how to use programs like Photoshop. It's kind of hard for me to explain it properly. I'd post a link to a youtube video that explains it better but I don't know if I'm allowed to post that here.

I'm quite sure you can post it here. Or is it a commercial of some kind? Then I assume it could be classified as spam.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9 and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I'm quite sure you can post it here. Or is it a commercial of some kind? Then I assume it could be classified as spam.
It's not a commercial it's like a tutorial type video. Not sure but I'll link it. I follow this lady on YT and she explains it.

• Love
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I know many who make a living selling Tupperware or other things like that.

• Love
Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Oct 17, 2019
No problem, @puppy9. Have you had any luck trying to treat anxiety?

• Love
Reactions: Sensei and puppy9
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
@puppy9 Thanks for starting this thread! As you well know, we are in a similar boat.

I just had the idea today of doing text tarot readings. I could also make greeting cards. Most of my anxiety is about running out of money so every little bit counts.

Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Oct 17, 2019
Yeah it's not very practical help heh.

Are you going to be okay financially if you try to start a business? You may not have a suitable income for many months.

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Yeah it's not very practical help heh.

Are you going to be okay financially if you try to start a business? You may not have a suitable income for many months.
That's my biggest fear, I don't know whether I can commit to my endeavor. If my bipolar hits a certain cycle; I'm a whole different person. I do not know how to mold my cycle with the environment. I guess giving up probably the best idea.

Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
That's my biggest fear, I don't know whether I can commit to my endeavor. If my bipolar hits a certain cycle; I'm a whole different person. I do not know how to mold my cycle with the environment. I guess giving up probably the best idea.

How dire is your financial situation? Can you afford to start slowly and just see how it goes?

I totally feel you on the whole different person issue. It's literally maddening. :( Hang in there, pup!

• Love
Reactions: puppy9
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

Don't you have medication which prevents or alleviates your episodes? It's essential.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9