• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
How do you settle yourself down during an anxiety attack?. I have previously refused any drugs from the doc. On my own here. Any advice appreciated. Been trying breathing exersises they teach in psych ward. Not doing so very well.

Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
How do you settle yourself down during an anxiety attack?. I have previously refused any drugs from the doc. On my own here. Any advice appreciated. Been trying breathing exersises they teach in psych ward. Not doing so very well.
If you are sitting down right now, squeeze the chair with your hands. Or because you're online, focus on the keyboard. Look at your feet. Know and acknowledge the fact you are sitting, in front of a keyboard and you're looking at your feet. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. In and out.

Knowing the keyboard is real, your feet are real, my message to you is real is a distraction from the panic and anxiety. Remember, FEAR in an anxiety attack means "False Evidence Appearing Real". You are real, I am real, your fear can and will pass. It won't be real once it has passed.

Staring at a screen can also make it worse. Try turning off the lights and closing your eyes. Hugs.

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
You sound like a psych ward doc! No offence! :) starting to calm down. Still shaking a bit. But not so hard it is difficult to type. First message took me about 10 minutes to write because of shaking!

• Yay!
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
You sound like a psych ward doc! No offence! :) starting to calm down. Still shaking a bit. But not so hard it is difficult to type. First message took me about 10 minutes to write because of shaking!
Good, I'm glad you're calming down. I probably sound like a psych ward doctor because I spent years in that place. Try not to focus on your hands shaking, find something distracting. If you type in YouTube "ASMR anxiety", there's a bunch of good videos that are calming :)

Reactions: Jc40
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Lol! I find neck and back cracking the best ASMR!

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Have for years! Especialy since I broke my back a few weeks ago. The doc in Hueston who does spinal decrompression is my hero! Advanced Chiropractic. The ring dinger! Looks so releiving!

Last edited:
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Have for years! Especialy since I broke my back a few weeks ago. The doc in Hueston who does spinal decrompression is my hero! Advanced Chiropractic. The ring dinger! Looks so releiving!

I had a good chiropractor years ago (before my diagnosises - can't have my spine adjusted now) and it felt so satisfying hearing the cracks and the release. If you don't mind me asking, how did you break your back?

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Thank you Halo. You redirected my mind.
Good, I'm glad you're calming down. I probably sound like a psych ward doctor because I spent years in that place. Try not to focus on your hands shaking, find something distracting. If you type in YouTube "ASMR anxiety", there's a bunch of good videos that are calming :)
As a patient, doc or nurse? Just curious. No judgment.
I had a good chiropractor years ago (before my diagnosises - can't have my spine adjusted now) and it felt so satisfying hearing the cracks and the release. If you don't mind me asking, how did you break your back?
Car accident.
(Non ctb related to be clear)
Car accident.
(Non ctb related to be clear)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Halo13
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Thank you Halo. You redirected my mind.
You're welcome - that's what I was going for :) plus genuine interest in your spine as I have advanced degenerative disc disease in my lumbar and cervical, arthritis, and scoliosis. Back problems are pretty awful. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

• Hugs
Reactions: Purgatory
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
What happened to you that you can't get your back adjusted (I have never had mine adjusted, but looks very relieving)
Compression fracture. L2. Not nearly as bad as what you are enduring! Omg! That's terrible for you!
Oy. Ok. Should have digested what I read before replying.
Oy. Ok. Should have digested what I read before replying.
I have spent 6 weeks in orthopedics. Have heard how my back injury compares to other injuries or diseases. May I ask if you are male or female? Seems it hits females the hardest (scientific, not sexist thing there) :)

Last edited:
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
No worries. I was born 3 months premature and my spine didn't form properly. Negligence on the part of my family and doctors in my childhood and adolescence lead to the degeneration. Basically, it was ignored for so many years my spine started to fall apart. If you've heard of bulging discs and such, it is beyond that - my discs grind together without any "cushion". It is a progressive disease without a cure. Some folks with it can catch it in the earlier stages and find relief from yoga, physical therapy, chiropractors, etc. It can range from not too bad to debilitating pain, depending on the person. Mine is severe.

The doctors are talking about disc replacement surgery however it would be my entire cervical spine (minus one decent disc) so I'm not keen on it, especially knowing either way I'll be on painkillers. Regardless, pain is pain - it isn't a competition which person feels it worse. I have my "okay" days with it but they're rare. Sorry to ramble about it, I've only just found out last year near Christmas.

• Hugs
Reactions: Purgatory
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Sorry for double posts. Not sure why that is happening.

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
No worries. I was born 3 months premature and my spine didn't form properly. Negligence on the part of my family and doctors in my childhood and adolescence lead to the degeneration. Basically, it was ignored for so many years my spine started to fall apart. If you've heard of bulging discs and such, it is beyond that - my discs grind together without any "cushion". It is a progressive disease without a cure. Some folks with it can catch it in the earlier stages and find relief from yoga, physical therapy, chiropractors, etc. It can range from not too bad to debilitating pain, depending on the person. Mine is severe.

The doctors are talking about disc replacement surgery however it would be my entire cervical spine (minus one decent disc) so I'm not keen on it, especially knowing either way I'll be on painkillers. Regardless, pain is pain - it isn't a competition which person feels it worse. I have my "okay" days with it but they're rare. Sorry to ramble about it, I've only just found out last year near Christmas.
Something similar was described to me by orthopedist. Fear at the beginning of my injury was deteriation. It is healing though. I am so sorry for what you are enduring! It is not pleasant at all and life altering! Hugs to you brother/sister!

• Hugs
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Something similar was described to me by orthopedist. Fear at the beginning of my injury was deteriation. It is healing though. I am so sorry for what you are enduring! It is not pleasant at all and life altering! Hugs to you brother/sister!
Right. They might have you get MRIs or X-rays to check for degeneration as time goes on. I'd say just be sure to keep up on appointments and follow up checks.

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
You mentioned negligence on behalf of your parents. My son was born 3 months early. He was 3 lbds 2 oz. Spent 2 months in NICU. I was happy to just see him survive. Is this something to be on the lookout for? My son is nearly 22 now. Seems ok. I do not want to be a negligant parent on top of everything else I have fucked up in my life!
Unsure of your circumstanses in life. Hope your parents were like me and did not know any better.
Meaning the prematuture birth. My oldest was a premie. You were a premie. Only warning I got from docs, slow learning. Did not happen with him.
Guess what I am saying/asking:
Should I get my son any extra medical help?
Do your parents know you needed early medical intervention? And could it have helped?
Have to ask that as a parent of a premie. Could I have done anything differently?

Last edited:
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
You mentioned negligence on behalf of your parents. My son was born 3 months early. He was 3 lbds 2 oz. Spent 2 months in NICU. I was happy to just see him survive. Is this something to be on the lookout for? My son is nearly 22 now. Seems ok. I do not want to be a negligant parent on top of everything else I have fucked up in my life!
Unsure of your circumstanses in life. Hope your parents were like me and did not know any better.
Meaning the prematuture birth. My oldest was a premie. You were a premie. Only warning I got from docs, slow learning. Did not happen with him.
Guess what I am saying/asking:
Should I get my son any extra medical help?
Do your parents know you needed early medical intervention? And could it have helped?
Have to ask that as a parent of a premie. Could I have done anything differently?
Sent you a PM. Don't want to clog up the forum. Hope that's okay.

Last edited: