Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I know the procedure recommended by Exit: 3 primperan antiemetics 40 min before the N ...

But I also know that these antiemetics are strong and can cause unpleasant side effects.

Also, "standard" antivomitives, which can be found in pharmacies without a prescription, could they not be suitable?
Likewise, does cannabis not serve as an antiemetic?

What antiemetics are used in Switzerland and Belgium for assisted suicide?

Being ignorant in this question, I appeal to your knowledge.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fedrea, Jumper Geo and Saed
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
According what I know they use Meto or Domperidone, but meto is the best option

Reactions: Georgii, Jumper Geo and Alucard
E

EGR92

Student
Jul 4, 2020
Have you ordered your N yet?

Reactions: Alucard
peacefulhorizons

peacefulhorizons

Wizard
Dec 31, 2019
Meto is the gold standard afaik and that's what's used in Switzerland

Reactions: Fedrea, Jumper Geo and Alucard
E

EGR92

Student
Jul 4, 2020
A can provide meto if requested, just in case you are ordering it from him

Reactions: Fedrea, dysfunctional and Alucard
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
Thanks. I have meto (primperan) but I'm afraid of side effects.

• Wow
Reactions: Jumper Geo
E

EGR92

Student
Jul 4, 2020
I did read cannabis was meant to be an antiemetic, i was going to use the same as i wasnt able to get hold of meto, but apparently it's not that effective

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Some reading about meto side affects in relation to ctb. However if you're concerned you might back out before drinking the N, then that's another issue to consider.

You don't need a 48 hour regimen. The Swiss take Meto an hour or so before.
I don't understand fully the logic of testing Meto on this board. The reason given is usually around fear of side effects. The irony is the fear of side effects come from the board itself. The risk of eps is incredibly low, and if these have ever been severe enough (or even observed) on a single dose to prevent ctb, I would love to see the account.

If, in the incredibly unlikely event, severe eps does occur, those wanting to ctb would rather ctb than live with them. There is zero point in testing. Some people drive more after hearing about a plane crash. It's a more dangerous activity, and there is no logic to it.

people aren't encouraged to take a test dose of propranolol, N, F, or anything else. The guidance to test Meto is not good.
Regarding side effects, the answer is simply "no." Simply because you have side effects does not mean they will occur in a subsequent dose, likewise, simply because there are none does not mean you will be symptom free in a follow up dose.

I don't generally care at all if people want to take Meto for a month before ctb, but I do care about accurate info. First, very well meaning individuals have created unsupported fear surrounding meto encouraging everyone to test meto first. Why is this bad? Other than adding anxiety, the major concern surrounding meto is eps. Eps becomes MORE likely with repeated dosing. Again, this is a very low incidence reaction, but the well meaning advice here actually INCREASES the likelihood of this occurring.

I'll just further add that the eps symptoms for meto typically occur 24-48 hours after administration. This is a point not mentioned (or likely not known) by most posters. Just fwiw.

Reactions: Alucard, Jumper Geo, rhiino and 3 others
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Regarding antiemetics for N, Ondansetron is good too isn't it?

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Regarding antiemetics for N, Ondansetron is good too isn't it?
By putting Ondansetron in the search bar i found this
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/ondansetron-as-antiemetic.37064/#post-687563

Reactions: Alucard and Bluemon
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
Just a quick note on meto from personal experience. I took it for over a year, daily. My dosage even increased - I think it may have been 10mg 2 times a day. It was supposed to help my stomach work better - was diagnosed with gastroparesis, and had nausea almost 100% of the time. Because side effects can be permanent, I am no longer on it since it wasn't effective enough for me (Or so I thought. I'm considering talking to her about it again). I don't know if that will ease your mind or not.

Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
Thank you. So, 3 primperan - only once - could not make you feel bad.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The fears of meto on this site are from very well meaning people, but generally extremely overblown or misinterpreted. Every assisted suicide organization gives a stat dose, and it's not an issue. Only here is fear regarding a single dose of meto in the context of what you are describing fomented.

Reactions: Alucard and Yomyom
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
The fears of meto on this site are from very well meaning people, but generally extremely overblown or misinterpreted. Every assisted suicide organization gives a stat dose, and it's not an issue. Only here is fear regarding a single dose of meto in the context of what you are describing fomented.

Thank you to reassure me.