• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
He was an old friend near my hometown. He died from myositis, 35. Other than being friends on social media and liking each other's post here and there, I haven't actually spoken to him for over a decade probably. We both moved to different states. He was one of those people that stick with you. Just a great guy that everyone loves and you want to be friends with. Sometimes when people die and all these people come out and talk about how devastated they are, I sometimes can't help but feel like a lot of them are full of shit and don't care nearly as much as they let on. With him, I know people are being genuine because he really was that loved.

It's just yet another example of someone who should have lived. The universe keeps taking people like this far too early, then keeping others who want to leave alive and miserable. Another good friend of mine from high school, just last week, her husband died suddenly from a heart attack at 34. They have three little kids, a seriously beautiful happy family. Yet, I'm still here. Someone who is more than okay with dying, and this place is taking people actually worth something in society. People who aren't complete burdens. It's hard to stomach just how unfair life really is. I wish I didn't care. Sometimes I can get into that state of mind when it all just washes over me and I accept it, but it never sticks.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Anger, frustration, and disappointment are usually the the result of a conflict between reality and expectations. When we are caught by a sudden and unexpected intrusion of reality such as the death of a friend, a mugging, a car accident, or other other calamity, it is natural that we would try to understand the "why" of things.

The "unfairness" of life has often posed difficulties. David wrote of this in the Psalms 3,000 years ago. While we may not be able to fully grasp the "why" of things, we do have that ability to offer comfort and encouragement to others.

We live in a time where most people have expectations of prosperity, peace, and civility. We often forget that WWI and WWII saw such tragedy and loss that it is almost impossible to imagine such pain.

You might wish to call your widow friend to express your condolences as well as help her remember her good memories. This can be helpful for you as well.

Last edited:
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
The silver lining might be that everyone is better off dead since this world is based on evil. Even the best people are still pretty bad since they're part of this world. I've seen so many crazy and outrageous things from members of society who we are all conditioned to view as the best and certain situations really bring out the truth. If your friends were on the better end of the spectrum then you might also feel glad for them that their time here is over. Just a thought.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I don't know anyone who died a graceful death. It's all either slow and torturous withering from age or disease, or spontaneously dying young because of some arbitrary accident or unexpected illness. The only "clean" and controlled way to go does seem to be a well-planned suicide.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
people actually worth something in society. People who aren't complete burdens.
Watch the shrapnel, I'm getting hit.
I don't know anyone who died a graceful death. It's all either slow and torturous withering from age or disease, or spontaneously dying young because of some arbitrary accident or unexpected illness. The only "clean" and controlled way to go does seem to be a well-planned suicide.
And whatever those final minutes are, they pale in comparison to the amount of pain we endured during the course of the shitfuck.

Last edited:
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm so sorry for your loss, I lost 2 so far, it really took a toll on me, sending you hugs, you're not alone.