• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
People tend to think suicide connected with mental illness. That's so untrue! You don't have to be mentally ill to have SI and die by suicide in fact most of the people die by suicide are not mentally ill and never saw a psychiatric. Not every symptom is mental illness according to DSM5. People can attempt to kill themselves or wish to die due to grief a loss, challenge with friends, financial difficulties, not happy in life etc.. ofc other mentally ill can have S ideations and thoughts but never go through with it if that make sense? If you look at the recent suicide history in the US since 2024, none of these people have mental issues in fact they all look beautiful smart have future plans and rich. Sometimes you just feel " not fit" with this society. I know I don't want to continue this life working even tho I'm grieving and if I stop working due to my grief and pain I will be homeless I'm literally one paycheck away from being homeless.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I totally agree. And i think the evidence shows that not all suicidal people have a mental illness. It's just a label that non suicidal people put on us because they have no idea how anyone would wanna end their lives as they see life as a "gift" of some sort.

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
This is true according to Prof. Thomas Szasz. I also reckon there are many crazy people out there we can't comprehend their way of thinking and life, but mostly people are having the problems of life, I mean who doesn't? It just does not mean we're all mentally ill or such just because we're thinking about CTB

Last edited:
karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
This is true according Prof. Thomas Szasz. I also reckon there are many crazy people out there we can't comprehend their way of thinking and life, but mostly people are having the problems of life, I mean who doesn't? It just doest not mean we're all mentally ill or such just because we're thinking about CTB
I agree thank you for providing the evidence. Since I was 16 something clicked in me I stoped caring for life topics it's not interesting to me, and after my only child passed away I feel like a complete shutdown. I don't want this life and I refuse to live in pain. Indeed life have a lot of crazy people specially right now if you track the news.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Trust me even non suicidal are suicidal at some point in their life.
This is something I bring up to people who think suicide is irrational or related to mental illness. I ask them if they can think of any situation at all that would be bad enough that would make then want to end their lives ? Such as losing both limbs and eyesight at the same time for example? I ask would they like to live in such a condition and they quickly shut up. Everyone would have their limitations on what they'd be willing to accept . Limitations are subjective .

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
This is something I bring up to people who think suicide is irrational or related to mental illness. I ask them if they can think of any situation at all that would be bad enough that would make then want to end their lives ? Such as losing both limbs and eyesight at the same time for example? I ask would they like to live in such a condition and they quickly shut up. Everyone would have their limitations on what they'd be willing to accept . Limitations are subjective .
A friend of mine is a nurse in a trauma ER, she was very national the other day when she came for hair Ethel. She said they have a trauma patient who survived domestic violence gunshot to face and they saved her! She cried when she said "saved her" because none wants to live with this type of bruise I mean she doesn't have a fave so why did you save her? I think it was wrong to save her life now she will suffer the rest of her life with a million medical psychological and social issues. I agree with you everyone knows how much they can handle and limitations are definitely subjective
I knew a dude who ctb and he always seemed happy I guess a medication he was on was mixed with alcohol and it caused him to feel suicidal so he took his life impulsively. Not sure how he did it
Exactly it could be a side effect from his medications! I think he's in a better place regardless to the reason

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
A friend of mine is a nurse in a trauma ER, she was very national the other day when she came for hair Ethel. She said they have a trauma patient who survived domestic violence gunshot to face and they saved her! She cried when she said "saved her" because none wants to live with this type of bruise I mean she doesn't have a fave so why did you save her? I think it was wrong to save her life now she will suffer the rest of her life with a million medical psychological and social issues. I agree with you everyone knows how much they can handle and limitations are definitely subjective

Exactly it could be a side effect from his medications! I think he's in a better place regardless to the reason
Oh ya I definitely believe he is . Holy shit gun shot to the face and lived how cruel is the universe! There is dude who was veteran and has a few tbis from combat then was severely burned all over his body from a house fire I think and looks like a monster and in severe pain all the time yet he says "life is beautiful "

4_science

4_science

Apr 12, 2024
People tend to think suicide connected with mental illness. That's so untrue! You don't have to be mentally ill to have SI and die by suicide in fact most of the people die by suicide are not mentally ill and never saw a psychiatric. Not every symptom is mental illness according to DSM5. People can attempt to kill themselves or wish to die due to grief a loss, challenge with friends, financial difficulties, not happy in life etc.. ofc other mentally ill can have S ideations and thoughts but never go through with it if that make sense? If you look at the recent suicide history in the US since 2024, none of these people have mental issues in fact they all look beautiful smart have future plans and rich. Sometimes you just feel " not fit" with this society. I know I don't want to continue this life working even tho I'm grieving and if I stop working due to my grief and pain I will be homeless I'm literally one paycheck away from being homeless.
I disagree. You are misinterpreting a common debate and draw conclusions that are not accurate.

Never having been to a psychiatrist or diagnosed with any disorder or mental illness doesn´t mean you don´t have one. Many mentally ill people are highly functional till a certain breaking point for instance. I think you might not be aware of the difference between illness and disorder and illness in general. I´ll try to break it down.
There is no absolute consensus on the definitions of health, disease, and illness, even though these concepts are central not only in medicine but also in the health social sciences. It is more of a consensus. In mental healthcare is the classic (medical) approach is like: you can detect it and it is written down in a standardised form. It is illness. More modern approaches in therapy (treating mental illness) you shy away from that. In systemic approach you don´t use the word patent lightly, but rather use client. It is all about labels. Having issues (i.e. listed as disorders) can be subjective and don´t apply to you. Illness in a very simple definition = absence of help or suffering from something. If you label a person a patient from the get go, you might be wrong. Not everybody is truly suffering or sees it that way as being sick. They can be highly functional or see it as perks). In a clinical setting they are always patients and will get a diagnosis. (Justify billing, comparable standards etc. - medical approach)
If you work at an institution or have your own office depending on whether you are team traditional (medical label) or more modern approach, you refer to them as clients instead. If they don´t express suffering to a point it affects health and quality of life defining them as sick (one definition of illness) or if I as your therapist don´t diagree with your view, you are a client. If I think you got problems affecting your life in a negative way or display severe symptoms (clinical depression, panic disorder, ptsd, schizoid disorders for instance).

Whether you are mentally depends on what your perception is, where you are treated and what the person who treats you thinks. Illness in mental health is a consensus and often highly subjctive. We do use labels and need them but the debate patient or not ill or not revolves around stigmatisation and avoiding discrimination.

4th highest cause of death world wide is suicide (mostly associated with depression). There are cases of sudden impulsive behaviour or reaction (affect) as a direct and timely result to a traumatic event or catastrophe or when facing unexpected timely passing of a themselves or a loved one. You probable are very disordered (pun intended) or have been in the past if that is your reaction imo. Other than that it is always mental disorders or illness. If the actions you take revolve around killing yourself or other severe forms, you are not sane anymore by any standard.

Looking into medical statistics in the US doesn´t tell you anything since access to healthcare. Hence why no diagnosis or connection to it since social healthcare is not a right granted in the land of the free and home of the brave (and utterly troubled if you can´t afford treatment.

Prolonged grief disorder is included in the ICD 11 (European framework or medical diagnosis) btw.

Feeling not fit in society that does imply suffering and does have an affect on quality of life (=illness or disorder) because society says so in a framework. Depression caused by falling through the cracks or not having a system beneficial to its citizens is still depression caused by external factors that impact internal such as your health.

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
the second cause of death for people in America is suicide and no I'm not wrong! Dying by suicide doesn't mean you was mentally ill. I never said " prolonged grief" you have to distinguish the difference also I suggest that you educate yourself just to give you tips you can start by accessing WHO & DSM5. Sounds like you're very smart & knowledgable in the psych area but we learn everyday! Thank you for replying
Oh ya I definitely believe he is . Holy shit gun shot to the face and lived how cruel is the universe! There is dude who was veteran and has a few tbis from combat then was severely burned all over his body from a house fire I think and looks like a monster and in severe pain all the time yet he says "life is beautiful "
lol 😂 wow maybe he's delusional!

Last edited:
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
the second cause of death for people in America is suicide and no I'm not wrong! Dying by suicide doesn't mean you was mentally ill. I never said " prolonged grief" you have to distinguish the difference also I suggest that you educate yourself just to give you tips you can start by accessing WHO & DSM5. Sounds like you're very smart & knowledgable in the psych area but we learn everyday! Thank you for replying

lol 😂 wow maybe he's delusional!
Could be all the pain meds he's on making him feel that way

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
Could be all the pain meds he's on making him feel that way
people don't understand that. When some dies by suicide they don't even mention what you said they automatically say "he was struggling we didn't see it coming" I hear that all the time but if suicidal thoughts is a side effect from taking meds it's just that not really the mental illness that lead him to death

Reactions: davidtorez
C

cosmic-freedom

Mar 18, 2024
There are two types of people here.One who push those to ctb and one that chooses to ctb since all the doors of opportunities for peace and prosperity are locked.Some ctb for peace,some for revenge,some for relief.For example,when I ctb it's because of my narcissistic birth giver(male) not because I was depressed.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Have to agree to disagree I think.

Personally I find it crazy how some people say they are perfectly well and still want to CTB.

To me, if someone wants to CTB then by definition they are ill, as its so opposite to our natural state of wanting to live and thrive.

I just don't think I could ever understand how someone can think they are mentally well and suicidal at the same time, to me it's polar opposite.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Those that think that this toxic shit world of greed, violence, corruption and stress is worth living in are the ones that are mentally ill. We are the sane mentally healthy ones if you really think about it.

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
I agree humans naturally try to avoid suffering. If suffering is so intense it can't be alleviated, some people seek death/non-existence as a means to alleviate their painful existence. This is largely the reasoning behind (and is evident in) suicide, physician-assisted suicide, and euthanasia/"mercy killing". this can be caused by different reasons not just mental health problem

xinino

xinino

Shackled
Mar 31, 2024

Rationality and irrationality are determined by society as a whole, but when we take it to an individual level, most of the time it does not matter; only a few people with the privilege of being "elite" have opinions that matter.

Suicide is a sensitive subject; it can hurt the country's reputation and economy, and if legalized, it can play a big factor in elections.

I agree with you that people who are disabled or can't handle their own struggles should be euthanized, especially if they can not contribute to the economy. Hitler did it even to babies younger than 3 years old who showed bad signs.

Personally I find it crazy how some people say they are perfectly well and still want to CTB.

To me, if someone wants to CTB then by definition they are ill, as its so opposite to our natural state of wanting to live and thrive.

I just don't think I could ever understand how someone can think they are mentally well and suicidal at the same time, to me it's polar opposite.
Do you think they should be treated? Even if they are happy and content with it, in this case they consider it (personal choice/for higher cause) to sacrifice themselves.

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Rationality and irrationality are determined by society as a whole, but when we take it to an individual level, most of the time it does not matter; only a few people with the privilege of being "elite" have opinions that matter.

Suicide is a sensitive subject; it can hurt the country's reputation and economy, and if legalized, it can play a big factor in elections.

I agree with you that people who are disabled or can't handle their own struggles should be euthanized, especially if they can not contribute to the economy. Hitler did it even to babies younger than 3 years old who showed bad signs.

Do you think they should be treated? Even if they are happy and content with it, in this case they consider it (personal choice/for higher cause) to sacrifice themselves.
I just could never get my head around how someone can be happy and suicidal at the same time, they are so far opposite it makes absolutely no sense to me. They are likely lying to others pretending they are happy.

xinino

xinino

Shackled
Mar 31, 2024

people don't understand that. When some dies by suicide they don't even mention what you said they automatically say "he was struggling we didn't see it coming" I hear that all the time but if suicidal thoughts is a side effect from taking meds it's just that not really the mental illness that lead him to death
Why should they care what suicider think? It usually against their convention, especially if it is not mental illness.
I just could never get my head around how someone can be happy and suicidal at the same time, they are so far opposite it makes absolutely no sense to me. They are likely lying to others pretending they are happy.
Mostly, they are not happy, they are suffering in the moment, and suicide is a way to prevent future suffering, so they feel good about it. But what fascinates me is that some people are willing to happily die just for a high cause, to make others happy, or to relive the pain of others.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Yes and it's truly insulting yet so absurd when people so insensitively insist otherwise. The problem lies in the dreadful, futile abomination that is existence itself, it's insane when people label it as an illness if one prefers the peace of an eternal, dreamless sleep to suffering so senselessly in this existence that was always undesirable in the first place. I'd always prefer to peacefully die on my own terms than to suffer for decades just to die a slow, painful death tortured by old age. In my case suicide is rational as it's suffering prevention in an existence that can potentially get so torturous way beyond how anyone can even imagine.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
The majority of people will kill themselves for 1 or more of the below.

1) Having a shit life - Abuse, terrible financial/living circumstances etc
2) Mental illness - Personality disorders, depression, mood disorders etc
3) Physical illnesses - That basically put them in constant pain and make their life miserable.

Outside of these 3, suicide is incredibly rare I'd say, even if you have suicidal thoughts in your mind from time to time.

Some people may just prefer death over life, but that's usually because they're simply not having a good experience.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Because they're trying to draw a distinction between being unhappy and being depressed (as conceived as an illness).

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Sadly a lot of people can't wrap their head around the fact that not all suicidal people are mentally ill. This is why suicide is considered a tabu and just plain wrong. Everyone believes you should never have the right to kill yourself because you are not mentally stable and can't and shouldn't decide for yourself. That you can and should be treated out of your suicidality. It's just so sad.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Someone on here told me that if you see more positive than negative in your future, then stay alive, but if you see more negative than positive, then it's reasonable to ctb. He also said this:

"There are two things about life
1. Everything is based on your own perception
2. You don't get to determine what your perception is

So literally just live it doing whatever you want, and if you can't fulfill your desires (which is basically just anything that makes you happy), try to change them. If you can't, then kill yourself.
I don't think there should be any stigma around suicide.
We all die anyway, and if you genuinely look to your future and see more bad than good then why would you put yourself through that? Just die"

Last edited:
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
What even is 'mental illness'? Personally I think it's a term that's thrown around way too often. I think most of what we see in people that is labelled as 'mental illness' is a natural (and often rational) response to a fucked up world as well as personal trauma.
Sadly a lot of people can't wrap their head around the fact that not all suicidal people are mentally ill. This is why suicide is considered a tabu and just plain wrong. Everyone believes you should never have the right to kill yourself because you are not mentally stable and can't and shouldn't decide for yourself. That you can and should be treated out of your suicidality. It's just so sad.
There's a bias towards life being 'worth it' which seems to form most of the arguments against suicide but why is that bias never challenged/explored? Probably because Big Pharma makes lots of profit by convincing us we need fixing. They are heavily invested in the 'life is worth it' bias.

Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
I agree that I think in many of cases MH isn't the cause of suicidal ideation. That said if you have sucidal ideation you probably have MH health problems, but it isn't the cause.

What I mean by that is if someone has a terrible life with illnesses that cripple them and leave them in pain - CBT would be a logical option and not one made by MH problems. But the fact you are living with illnesses with crippling pain is likely going to addiotnally to given MH problems.

So essentially a life situation which is enough to make someone suicidal is also likely to impact them mentally.

I would be able to relate to this, I have mood swings and probably some form of mild/moderate depression which would indicate MH problems but they certainly haven't caused me to be sucidal. It's my life situation. It's why I'm not interested in meds etc becuase they don't resolve the actual issue at hand.

L0nely

L0nely

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
Disagree.
I don't think that going against you SI is normal in any way shape or form. It is unnatural to seek death. Therefore, to me, there must be some mental issue involved. Sometimes we might just not be aware of our problems as they're part of our day to day life and we simply might see certain things/thoughts/behaviours as perfectly normal part of our routine. That desn't mean that there is nothing wrong. Many people never even think of going to psychiatrist/psychologist an never find out. Any upsetting life situation could trigger the problems that were already there and make you snap.

Of course I could be wrong. That's only my opinion and I hope no1 took any offence. Being mentally ill isn't something people should be ashamed of or judged for. 🫂