• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Dave Allen, superb, you could only see him occasionally in the States on TV. Great stuff.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, Deafsn0w, Johnnythefox and 3 others
Kdawg2018

Kdawg2018

Still here...
Nov 10, 2018
I tend to binge drink a bottle or more of wine when I do drink, but I find it difficult nowadays for whatever reason my body just doesn't like it. I wish I could get completely obliterated day after day, honestly. I can barely make it through a glass or catch a buzz lately, which frustrates me. I think it's all the sugar.

I used to smoke copious amounts of marijuana, but that doesn't do it for me anymore either. I can't win.

LMAO, I read this and was like 'this sounds like me" and I didn't realize it was you posting this! ahahaha

But for myself, according to AA, I am an alcoholic. I never got the shakes when I didn't drink but I did drink to blackout and throw up (this is not considered normal behavior with alcohol). I consider myself a binge drinker. My father is an alcoholic and it "runs in my family." And there is research to show that "addiction is a disease." I asked my doctor about that and that is what she told me. Now that I don't drink I have eating issues sucks as bingeing, similar to my sister. So I guess family dysfunction, etc, led me here, and if you aren't aware of family dynamics of alcoholism and the enabling and denying, then I recommend people to read up on it because I did not know that I was emotionally abused or neglected in childhood until I turned 27. So now I feel bored because I can't party and that was how I would socialize.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, wxtyubidi7y, Johnnythefox and 4 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I can remember the night almost thirty years ago when Bill's debut in the UK was shown on TV, he blew my mind and led me to seek out Lenny Bruce, George Carlin and others in that vein.
View attachment 5581
I agree with that statement we are all slaves yet people believe they are "free" it is funny to me

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Johnnythefox, Smilla and 1 other person
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Oh, alcohol... the cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems.

Well, it appears then that you're never too old to start.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Smilla and Mrs.O'Leary'sCow
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
The incidences of truly great comics leaving us at an early age is striking: Bill Hicks, Lenny Bruce, John Belushi, Chris Farley, Gilda Radner. Who am I missing?

Mitch Hedberg. Phil Hartman. Greg Giraldo.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Smilla, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 1 other person
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
When I've had the need of some sweetness in life, I've thought of marrying a bottle of Baileys.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Johnnythefox, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Anyone else?

I drink two bottles of wine a day on average, sometimes more, sometimes less.

My drinking career began in earnest about 5 years ago, and it's now reached apex levels and I can't stop, nor do I want to.

I think I started drinking to dull the anxiety and pain of being so fucking lonely and feeling like a misfit all the time, for all of my horrible life.
I drink because it gives me a warm feeling in my chest. Tricks my brain into forgetting about the empty void lol

Reactions: AtomicNewt, sif, Deafsn0w and 5 others
W

wxtyubidi7y

Student
Jun 30, 2018
I drink too regularly and regret the bad insomnia and anxiety it can cause. I like to drink kava instead sometimes which is also a relaxing anxiolytic social drink but without the downsides.

The majority of my friends are serious alcoholics (worse than me) and most of them have serious physical health problems from boozing.

Reactions: AtomicNewt, sif, Deafsn0w and 5 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Yes, I'm an ex alcoholic and even have the shitty Jack Daniels tattoo to prove it.

I started in my twenties. I was feeling chronic emptiness and grew to love the feel of my cares melting away each time I cracked open a six pack. It only stopped once I had a complete mental breakdown out of the blue one day. I was admitted to psych, put on meds, and I've been on them ever since. The only reason I don't drink anymore is because I know the meds don't play nice with booze and I'm deathly afraid of having another mental breakdown. So at this point I'm choosing not to rock the boat.
Boy, that sounds like me exactly!
>the breakdown, the lockup, the meds, the ever since<
I went to AA for about a year. Now I never think about alcohol. Even without AA.
Thing about alcohol, is first it's a stimulant, then a depressant.
And if you are already depressed, that turns into a real shit show.

Reactions: sif, ReadyasEver, wxtyubidi7y and 5 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Boy, that sounds like me exactly!
>the breakdown, the lockup, the meds, the ever since<
I went to AA for about a year. Now I never think about alcohol. Even without AA.
Thing about alcohol, is first it's a stimulant, then a depressant.
And if you are already depressed, that turns into a real shit show.
Absolutely. It's easy to take a relatively balanced brain chemistry for granted. Things like alcohol really mess with it, and you don't know what you've got til it's gone. It's like smoking weed - people think it's all fun and games and until you've seen someone's life ruined by crippling anxiety from a bad joint you'll likely continue to think that way. Your brain is more delicate than you might think, and you need to be especially careful with things like alcohol if you already have mental health issues.

Reactions: Smilla, ReadyasEver and Johnnythefox
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I hate alcohol, never drink and never been drunk. Maybe it's time to start...?

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
I hate alcohol, never drink and never been drunk. Maybe it's time to start...?

I wouldn't recommend that course of action. The potential downside far exceeds any possible benefit.

My apologies if this comes off as earnest scaremongering. You may very well want to die, but not that way.

Reactions: AtomicNewt, Redt2go, Smilla and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Absolutely. It's easy to take a relatively balanced brain chemistry for granted. Things like alcohol really mess with it, and you don't know what you've got til it's gone. It's like smoking weed - people think it's all fun and games and until you've seen someone's life ruined by crippling anxiety from a bad joint you'll likely continue to think that way. Your brain is more delicate than you might think, and you need to be especially careful with things like alcohol if you already have mental health issues.

Duckster, you do write damn good posts. Not just articulate well but content is spot on 100% of the time.

Reactions: Redt2go, Smilla, therhydler and 3 others
Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
Alcoholic here. Alcohol are slowly destroying my life, my poor social interaction are going very bad as I'm drunk near everyday. My only friends now are upset to me by my behaviour, my family are troubled with me and all my money is to drink (sometimes to do some DXM). When I don't have nothing I can drink ethanol (I got ethanol 92%), isopropanol or some diethyl ether with coffee, coca-cola or anything. My liver isn't so good for my age and I'm constantly shaking, worsening a lot of my anxiety, insomnia, I don't eat well. Fuck.

Reactions: AtomicNewt