• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Completely relate to this 1000x over. And we are supposed to be a size 0 and look good while doing all of the above. I once got rejected online dating because I didn't have a graduate degree (only a bachelors) and didn't speak a second language. This is common, at least where I live in Boston.

When I dated I dated everyone-brown, white, a PhD from MIT, a fishmonger, a carpenter, and a doctor. Always wanted a connection but never found it except with my ex who remains a dear friend.

Hugs.

We need to move you to Europe. Them there Bostonians are all wrong *ruffles her feathers up in cross fashion*

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, gingerplum and 2 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Honestly I also turned to vodka to fill the loneliness of not having anyone to really talk to I have never once felt like I belonged anywhere in this world not my family not my friends not at school work it's all
I wanted

Vodka is your companion, then? I know this feeling all too well. It's like the booze puts its arms around you, for a little while it's better than feeling so lonely.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, daikon, Kdawg2018 and 5 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I tend to binge drink a bottle or more of wine when I do drink, but I find it difficult nowadays for whatever reason my body just doesn't like it. I wish I could get completely obliterated day after day, honestly. I can barely make it through a glass or catch a buzz lately, which frustrates me. I think it's all the sugar.

I used to smoke copious amounts of marijuana, but that doesn't do it for me anymore either. I can't win.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, wiIIow and 5 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Isn't it odd that we have a "war on drugs" yet alcohol isn't part of that equation? I believe any drug can be used responsibly—it isn't the substance per se that's addictive but rather the reasons for the pain that led to the addiction that fuel the addiction.

I always thought I was "fine" because I never shot up heroin. And look at me now.
Alcohols not the problem, it's the symptom.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, wiIIow and 7 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Alcohols not the problem, it's the symptom.

Good point.

And OP, difficult question, ignore, please at will...
Would you like to a)drink less
b)not at all c)makes no difference as it might hasten death d)switch to Fanta only

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 2 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Good point.

And OP, difficult question, ignore, please at will...
Would you like to a)drink less
b)not at all c)makes no difference as it might hasten death d)switch to Fanta only

C.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 1 other person
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
Reactions: Deafsn0w, Smilla and Johnnythefox
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Funny, I always thought of Ireland as the country most notorious for excessive drinking.

Yeah. My great grandparents were from Ireland and endured the "no Irish need apply" phenomenon—Irish were considered to be drunks for a very long time.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Yeah. My great grandparents were from Ireland and endured the "no Irish need apply" phenomenon—Irish were considered to be drunks for a very long time.

Just noticed you've made yourself actually "Angelic" that's so fab

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, mattwitt and 4 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Anyone else?

I drink two bottles of wine a day on average, sometimes more, sometimes less.

My drinking career began in earnest about 5 years ago, and it's now reached apex levels and I can't stop, nor do I want to.

I think I started drinking to dull the anxiety and pain of being so fucking lonely and feeling like a misfit all the time, for all of my horrible life.
I used to drink but alcohol and Benadryl and suicide attempt yeah I don't need alcohol anymore, so I did used to drink because it was the only drug that got all my problems away and got rid of anxiety but also the depression double edge sword I was slowly developing withdrawal symptoms.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, gingerplum and 4 others
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
Born and raised by a dysfunctional drinking family. Could say it was passed down. Didn't need much encouragement . I drink more when depressed . Usually beer, sometimes scotch or bourbon. It doesn't fill the void, but it occasionally drowns the demons. My doctors and therapists have at times used the term A functioning alcoholic . I don't think I could argue with that.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, gingerplum and 4 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I can remember the night almost thirty years ago when Bill's debut in the UK was shown on TV, he blew my mind and led me to seek out Lenny Bruce, George Carlin and others in that vein.
Alcohol tobacco caffiene

Reactions: agreement, Deafsn0w, wxtyubidi7y and 9 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Sums it up!

Reactions: Deafsn0w, mattwitt, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Very funny man, but he always had the way of revealing the Truth no matter how uncomfortable

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, gingerplum and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Very funny man, but he always had the way of revealing the Truth no matter how uncomfortable
We had no one like him over here at the time and Carlin or Bruce were never mentioned. I think the first time I heard of Lenny Bruce was REMs it's the end of the world as we know it.
FB IMG 1546268733820

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w, mattwitt, gingerplum and 3 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Saw Carlin a couple times, when he was older in the 90's and early 2000's. One of a kind.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Saw Carlin a couple times, when he was older in the 90's and early 2000's. One of a kind.
I watched his stuff on YouTube, another one who spoke the truth.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018

Anyone else think Lewis was overrated?

And an asshole?

I understand he was ancient during this interview and probably having health issues at his age but for fucks sake he was a total noob in this interview.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, mattwitt and 4 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
The incidences of truly great comics leaving us at an early age is striking: Bill Hicks, Lenny Bruce, John Belushi, Chris Farley, Gilda Radner. Who am I missing?

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 2 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018

And an asshole?

I understand he was ancient during this interview and probably having health issues at his age but for fucks sake he was a total noob in this interview.

I thought only the French found Lewis funny. But I had no idea he was such an asshole. That was just painful to watch.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Angst Filled Fuck Up, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 2 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Throw in Sam Kinison and Andy Kauffman too.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, Deafsn0w, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 4 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Although older, he still deserves a mention, *Richard Pryor*

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Angst Filled Fuck Up, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I don't really drink much anymore, mostly because it makes me too sick. Chronic stomach/digestive problems and booze don't make very good friends. Besides that, I just don't even like how it makes me feel anymore. Just makes me depressed and sick, I never feel like I'm getting any sort of buzz, besides being dizzy. It also ramps up my anxiety now for some reason.

I used to be a horrible drunk, though. For a while, I wasn't really even spending money on food anymore. It all went towards booze and smokes. I started out by hitting the bars every day after work, I think mostly out of not wanting to be alone. Eventually it evolved into shutting myself in my shitty apartment and blacking out every single night. At that point I was intentionally drinking myself to death, though. I knew what I was doing, and I didn't care

I guess It's good that it came to an end, though I know it would take just one devastating event for me to hop right back to it.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, wxtyubidi7y, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 7 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I use to be a raging lush. I would just sit alone in my house all day everyday and drink...never going out unless I had to. It was a lonely existence and it didn't help anything at all; other than to screw up my body. Staying sober is hard but the other is far worse.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, wxtyubidi7y, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 7 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I got wasted every Friday and Saturday night trying to pull girls at nightclubs with friends. Never worked, they saw my future!! Then life collapsed and I did it every night after a shift at a nightclub. Drinking people's unwanted drinks. Yeah. Then I just did it at home until I got utterly agonising 9+/10 pain on and off for the next day. That one day stopped me drinking. I still have stomach problems 15 years later, 99.99% sober. Half a light drink every 2 years. And I usually regret it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w, wxtyubidi7y, Smilla and 5 others
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
Anyone else?

I drink two bottles of wine a day on average, sometimes more, sometimes less.

My drinking career began in earnest about 5 years ago, and it's now reached apex levels and I can't stop, nor do I want to.

I think I started drinking to dull the anxiety and pain of being so fucking lonely and feeling like a misfit all the time, for all of my horrible life.
Makes my brainfog tenfold worse, don't like it

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Smilla, gingerplum and 2 others
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018

And an asshole?

:shy::shy::shy:

Jesus fuck that was painful to watch. If he didn't want to do the interview why didn't he just say so? I haven't seen anything that cringe inducing since Ricky Gervais interviewed Gary Shandling.

As one wholly unqualified to offer any opinion on Lewis and his oeuvre, or even to use words like oeuvre, I'll blast forth with a few short thoughts.

As a kid I thought his movies were hilarious. His frenetic energy was irresistible. Not high art, but good for what they were.

His Muscular Dystrophy telethons were grotesque, but it was for the kids, so I guess it was alright.

He was great in "The King of Comedy" as the host of a late night talk show a la Johnny Carson, but just basically played himself, so not a great acting feat.

I read or heard somewhere (podcast maybe) that in his ratpack days he got drunk with Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and some other showbiz cronies and they drowned a horse in some rich guy's swimming pool. I can't find any reference to the incident on the web, but somehow it seems plausible to me. I see a darkness about him when he's not doing goofy shtick and I suspect he's not actually a very nice man at all. Maybe all that fame, money, and power do something to people, I don't know.

Edited for accuracy.
(Note: Lewis didn't say anything offensive in "Comedians in Cars getting Coffee," I'm just going senile.)

My verdict: overrated, but undoubtedly very talented, asshole

Last edited:
Reactions: Qbert, Deafsn0w, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 3 others
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
The incidences of truly great comics leaving us at an early age is striking: Bill Hicks, Lenny Bruce, John Belushi, Chris Farley, Gilda Radner. Who am I missing?
John Candy? I don't know if he was truly great or not, but I liked him.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Angst Filled Fuck Up, Smilla and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
This guy Dave Allen was a genius also.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, Deafsn0w, WayOut and 4 others