Status
Not open for further replies.
G

great-ape99

Student
Apr 22, 2018
Yes there is an afterlife. I have first hand experience with it. My evidence is ultimately for me only, because only I know what I've experienced.

Reactions: Tiburcio and GoneGirlXIV
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Yes there is an afterlife. I have first hand experience with it. My evidence is ultimately for me only, because only I know what I've experienced.
that sounds really interesting, would you mind telling more or is that too private a question for you?

Reactions: Tiburcio and GoneGirlXIV
Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
Since both the frontal lobe, the thalamic area and the brainstem in our brain are involved in the generation of consciousness and subjective experience, I just wonder how people are expecting those areas to work properly once they're flying through the 128,394th plane of existence or something like that. Do people bring their rostral dorsolateral pontine tegmentum with them while floating as a disembodied entity near Theta Centauri while playing warping through 560 dimensions at the same time? That sounds lit

gonna 100% agree with this
also it's funny noticing that some people claim to be back from the dead with the snap of a finger in this thread :ahhha:

Reactions: skitliv, Tiburcio, KCN and 1 other person
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Since both the frontal lobe, the thalamic area and the brainstem in our brain are involved in the generation of consciousness and subjective experience, I just wonder how people are expecting those areas to work properly once they're flying through the 128,394th plane of existence or something like that. Do people bring their rostral dorsolateral pontine tegmentum with them while floating as a disembodied entity near Theta Centauri while playing warping through 560 dimensions at the same time? That sounds lit

yes, except maybe the mind can exist independently from the body and then all the problems you just mentioned don't apply.

Reactions: leavinghope
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
gonna 100% agree with this
also it's funny noticing that some people claim to be back from the dead with the snap of a finger in this thread :ahhha:

Who here has claimed to be back from the dead? Having 'proof of an afterlife' does not make you claim this automatically.

G

great-ape99

Student
Apr 22, 2018
that sounds really interesting, would you mind telling more or is that too private a question for you?
Well let's see I've had paranormal experiences that without a doubt were not from this world, astral projected (OBE), and researched a lot about the afterlife.

Don't take my word for it though. Just take a breakthrough dose of DMT, the strongest psychedelic known to man, also known as the "spirit molecule", and you will see the afterlife firsthand. It's some powerful shit.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule (2010)

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Well let's see I've had paranormal experiences that without a doubt were not from this world, astral projected (OBE), and researched a lot about the afterlife.

Don't take my word for it though. Just take a breakthrough dose of DMT, the strongest psychedelic known to man, also known as the "spirit molecule", and you will see the afterlife firsthand. It's some powerful shit.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule (2010)

I was always wondering whether the DMT plane is real like the OOBE one.

A

Asthenia

Aug 6, 2018
yes, except maybe the mind can exist independently from the body and then all the problems you just mentioned don't apply.

if "the mind can exist without a body" (which isn't remotely true) then there's no need to bother with being human in the first place.

Also, why not postulate an 'afterlife' for our lungs, kidneys, thyroid glans, etc. They might feel alone

Reactions: bag.of.cats, Volatile, tony.end and 2 others
T

tony.end

Aug 11, 2018
In my opinion, labelling someone else's beliefs as childish is truly juvenile behavior.
There is much confusion to what lucid dreams are-they are not proof of the afterlife because they are a completely different state than OOBEs. The lucid dream plane is not real and is all in the mind. But NDEs and OOBEs are a completely different thing and they are on a 'real' astral plane of existence. LDs have a completely different state of conciousness than OOBEs. In LDs I know I am dreaming and things that make no sense (like something suddenly appearing or seeing people I can never see in real life like celebrities ) makes perfect sense. But OOBEs are different. My mind is crystal clear and like in the waking body. And almost all OOBEs begin in one's room with the person seeing their own sleeping body. And there are rules on the astral plane-it's not some dreamscape. There are also demons and other entities that can cause big trouble and which don't appear in LDs.
Of course the afterlife does not belong to us only. What a funny idea! Animals also have souls and there have been countless OOBEs and NDEs in which people saw their dead dogs or other animals. If we have a soul, then animals also have them. That's my personal reason for being vegetarian. And there are many other planets etc because aliens are also often seen in NDEs and theses kinds of experiences. In fact, many alien abductions are simply OOBEs.
Again, you're taking in the concept of soul without reasoning, you accepted it as an absolute truth. Why in the world there would be such thing as a soul in nature? I'm talking real, we studied our bodies in the littlest parts and still there was no such thing resembling a soul, of course scientists didn't even bother to look harder because that belongs to religion, fiction and superstition, it's not something that belongs to us. My point was that both us and other animals do not have soul because we don't need it, it's not a thing.
You're saying flies will have an afterlife? Bees? Really? They have no conscience, no ability to judge and to choose what's ethically bad or good to them. How would they experience afterlife? How would WE experience afterlife when after few days we're dead we start to decompose and our brain ends up devoured by other organisms?

Of course it hasn't occurred to you to even bother talking about soul, because it's not something ever discussed rationally, it's a pre concept you excepted as true, but it's not even arguable that it doesn't make any sense. It's the most unnatural thing we created, and to believe that we're somewhat immortals because of the concepts we created is pretty insane. Your being an animalist and stepping down to believe other animals have souls it's just a way to deceive yourself and keep clinging to the (I must say it) childish or immature whatever you call it hope that we would be immortals. We're not. Get over it. I'm not the messenger of the truth, we've always actually known we were mortals like every living thing in this planet.
So what to make your 'everybody has a soul' idea more firm you want to tell me that oak trees have soul too? It's called survival instinct what drives other animals, not soul. And we're just more intelligent animals

Reactions: skitliv, bag.of.cats, Volatile and 1 other person
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Again, you're taking in the concept of soul without reasoning, you accepted it as an absolute truth. Why in the world there would be such thing as a soul in nature? I'm talking real, we studied our bodies in the littlest parts and still there was no such thing resembling a soul, of course scientists didn't even bother to look harder because that belongs to religion, fiction and superstition, it's not something that belongs to us. My point was that both us and other animals do not have soul because we don't need it, it's not a thing.
You're saying flies will have an afterlife? Bees? Really? They have no conscience, no ability to judge and to choose what's ethically bad or good to them. How would they experience afterlife? How would WE experience afterlife when after few days we're dead we start to decompose and our brain ends up devoured by other organisms?

Of course it hasn't occurred to you to even bother talking about soul, because it's not something ever discussed rationally, it's a pre concept you excepted as true, but it's not even arguable that it doesn't make any sense. It's the most unnatural thing we created, and to believe that we're somewhat immortals because of the concepts we created is pretty insane. Your being an animalist and stepping down to believe other animals have souls it's just a way to deceive yourself and keep clinging to the (I must say it) childish or immature whatever you call it hope that we would be immortals. We're not. Get over it. I'm not the messenger of the truth, we've always actually known we were mortals like every living thing in this planet.
So what to make your 'everybody has a soul' idea more firm you want to tell me that oak trees have soul too? It's called survival instinct what drives other animals, not soul. And we're just more intelligent animals

Firstly, I can understand why people don't believe in a soul. And of course it has occurred to me that the soul possibly doesn't exist. I have never believed in this myself but I know plenty of people who think like you do and it is an understandable position, especially if someone has never read of NDEs or never had an OOBE. And some people who have had OOBEs themselves don't even think the afterlife exists.
Actually, there is a lot of ongoing research into the consciousness of animals. So the reality is that we don't know what insects think. I believe that all creatures have a soul because if humans and dogs have one, why not reptiles or insects? And about the trees: I too believe that they have a soul because God created everything and so he is everywhere and in that way they have a soul too. This doesn't mean that I talk to them or something, it is something in my heart that I hold to be true.
Please don't tell me to 'get over' my beliefs and don't label them als childish-it is very rude and condescending of you. I can understand your beliefs, even though I don't think that way but it would never occur to me to tell you that they are immature. I do however think that labelling other's beliefs because they irritate you as they are different from yours is juvenile. I am aware that I might stop existing after my suicide. However, I am so sure that that is not the case that I live my life accordingly. But I'm okay with the fact that there MIGHT be eternal darkness. No life is better than my life, or a life in the afterlife which is very loving according to most NDEs.
Just because we dissect bodies and have never found a soul doesn't mean it does not exist. The soul is from another plane of existence so it does not 'physically' exist but it is bound to the body. However, this does NOT mean that it cannot exist outside of the body after death. It goes into the astral spheres which do not exist in normal 3D reality. But they are very real.
Honestly-please read Chris Carter's book on the subject. It is an excellent book and summarizes the matter nicely if you are interested.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
When I notice I'm dreaming, I always accidentally wake up. There is no way I can do this.

Sure you can. Every person can lucid dream. It took me a few months but I have had multiple LDs since then and even tried to OOBe.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
if "the mind can exist without a body" (which isn't remotely true) then there's no need to bother with being human in the first place.

Also, why not postulate an 'afterlife' for our lungs, kidneys, thyroid glans, etc. They might feel alone

your lungs are bodily organs that stop existing after you decompose and die. Your soul, however does not.
And why souls incarnate here is another question entirely, also dealt with in NDEs. Many souls want to experience life here and want to be here. It is just the case that for us, life has gotten so terrible we want to stop. But this is not the case for many, many souls.

Rex

Rex

Lonely af
May 25, 2018
Can you please move this discussion to the megathread please. Thank you

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/afterlife-and-related-general-discussion.1428

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Comatose11, bag.of.cats and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.