• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
I am in the United States, but live in a blue state with tight firearms laws. (Fwiw, I support gun control laws, but want to get around them for my own purposes.) I'm a city kid and know nothing about weapons. If I were to go to a less restrictive state, how would I even go about purchasing a weapon? (Could I do so with out-of-state ID? I've googled it and the answers seem contradictory.) And what kind of weapon should I buy? I've seen threads on here offering general advice on caliber and stuff, but is there a particular weapon, preferably a handgun, ideally affordable, that I should look for?
I'm very new here, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, or if it repeats something that's been asked before. Be kind to me please!

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
a non concealable firearm is usually cheaper and more effective

L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
a non concealable firearm is usually cheaper and more effective
OK, that's good to know, thanks. Can a handgun (or a revolver, or whatever—can you tell I get my knowledge of weapons from Westerns?) still be effective? I know there can be a waiting period, and I have a little money left in my account, so my plan is to check into a hotel someplace beautiful in a state with lax gun laws, buy a weapon, spend a few nice days just reading and enjoying nature, and then do it. So something being concealable could be useful—I also for some unknown reason just like the idea better than firing a shotgun like Hemingway lol.

salieri

salieri

If you no longer fear death you control fear
Apr 7, 2023
you could always get a cap and ball gun no wait or registration required plus they ship to your door. dm me and I can tell you all you need to know

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hi,

I live in a blue state in the U.S. also. You can buy a gun in another state than the one that you live in, BUT, the firearm MUST be transferred to a federally licensed firearms dealer in your state to complete the purchase. No matter if you buy the firearm at a gun show, dealer, or just visiting the state, the same route applies to all.

So, other words one cannot buy a gun, take it across state lines to one's home state.

Hope this helps.

Walter

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone
L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
you could always get a cap and ball gun no wait or registration required plus they ship to your door. dm me and I can tell you all you need to know
I'm probably being an idiot, but I can't figure out how to DM you lol.

L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
Hi,

I live in a blue state in the U.S. also. You can buy a gun in another state than the one that you live in, BUT, the firearm MUST be transferred to a federally licensed firearms dealer in your state to complete the purchase. No matter if you buy the firearm at a gun show, dealer, or just visiting the state, the same route applies to all.

So, other words one cannot buy a gun, take it across state lines to one's hone state.

Hope this helps.

Walter
This helps a lot, Walter. So to be clear, if I live in Connecticut, and I go to Texas and buy a gun, then the weapon would have to be transferred to a firearms dealer in CT? At that point, might I not just as well jump through the (extensive) hoops required to buy the gun in my home state? Sorry if I'm being obtuse or missing something here.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
This helps a lot, Walter. So to be clear, if I live in Connecticut, and I go to Texas and buy a gun, then the weapon would have to be transferred to a firearms dealer in CT? At that point, might I not just as well jump through the (extensive) hoops required to buy the gun in my home state? Sorry if I'm being obtuse or missing something here.
100% correct. With so many "straw buyers" now days all the states AND the Feds are really cracking down hard. One could get a hefty prison sentence if caught, NOT worth it. I would buy the gun in your home state, it is a horse a piece, but at least one would not have the time and expense of driving to another state.

The paperwork, in my viewpoint is the same.

You are NEVER obtrusive; you are family and always glad to help.

Walter

L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
100% correct. With so many "straw buyers" now days all the states AND the Feds are really cracking down hard. One could get a hefty prison sentence if caught, NOT worth it. I would buy the gun in your home state, it is a horse a piece, but at least one would not have the time and expense of driving to another state.

The paperwork, in my viewpoint is the same.

You are NEVER obtrusive; you are family and always glad to help.

Walter
Hmm OK, this puts a major dent in my plans, since my home state apparently requires a Firearm Owners ID (FOID) card that can take weeks to arrive. I was really hoping I could just fly to a state with shitty gun laws and buy a weapon there, get it over with in a few days…

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere