• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I also got a bit stressed and worried that SS got taken down somehow. This website is both helpful and harmful. While it does keep me sane and it helps to be able to vent about my problems, it's also like self harm because I'm on here for ways to ctb and I'm always on this site these days. I could get help, go to therapy etc to try and turn things around for myself but it's just easier to ctb.

SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
You have to understand that there's a tradeoff. We want people who need it to have SS, but if it becomes too popular, it's only a matter of time before it gets taken down. If that happens, another one will pop up in it's place, probably.

X

Xiaomi

Taking a break: October 24, 2023 and onwards
Aug 8, 2020
I panicked when I got the HTTP 500, I was gonna cut too but then gave it another hour and voila!

ropebunny

ropebunny

*suicidal bunny noises*
Jul 26, 2020
I just woke up 40 minutes ago and started thinking about how invaluable this place has been to me during recent times and how disastrous it would be for my wellbeing if it shut down. I feel confident in saying that the banning of r/SanctionedSuicide probably drove at least one person to end it all.

I'd like to believe my usage of this forum is healthy overall. Participating here has served my mental health wonderfully. The lovely community, the recovery subforum, the comforting words I've received during my darkest times, the knowledge that I can trust the users here to keep me company on my last day if it comes down to that, etc. SS means the world to me. Simply feeling less alone and actually understood here has been healing to a tremendous degree. Nowhere and nobody else makes me feel like this.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
You have to understand that there's a tradeoff. We want people who need it to have SS, but if it becomes too popular, it's only a matter of time before it gets taken down. If that happens, another one will pop up in it's place, probably.
I've thought about this happening. Are there actually legal grounds for this site to be taken down? I would be so sad to lose this community and start from scratch.

Also, I do think I'm addicted to a point. I stay up late to read through as many posts as I can and lurk in the chat. I log on at work sometimes. I stayed away most of the last two days, but now I feel so behind! This is my new "home away from home."

SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
Are there actually legal grounds for this site to be taken down?
Well you have to understand that anyone who is powerful enough can "make it legal" (in star wars terms). The Law isn't something you can always count on, especially when you move closer and closer to the top of the pyramid. Near the top, "Justice" as you and I would call it, just doesn't exist.

Reactions: everydayiloveyou
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Totally addicted. I read most threads, even if I don't comment. If the website is down, I'm panicking. I wonder how will I be able to reply to my friends here if it gets shut down forever.
Exactly my feelings. Couldn't have said it better

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Been addicted for over a year now...there is no where else I'm accepted in life, this is our only safe space to talk about our true feelings. I'm mostly a reader but I do panick a bit if website is down, however I have seen it go down many times since I have been here. If website ever went down permanently I don't know what I would do because I felt so helpless and alienated in with my thoughts until I found SS.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm definitely hooked and yes I did panic for a moment when it went down. This is my only comfort. I know I don't have any choice but to ctb. This keeps it in my head while I struggle on in my daily horrible life. I wish I could take some kind of definite steps to ctb but even this is a huge seemingly unsolvable problem, the logistics of it.

Reactions: Sinai Silence
imsorrythatimhere

imsorrythatimhere

They/He
Jan 18, 2021
I'm new to this site so I'm not exactly hooked yet. But so far it's been pretty comforting yet at the same time saddening. I feel quite guilty for not saying all the stuff you're "supposed" to say when someone is on the brink of suicide, i.e. you matter and all that cheesy shit. Ironically enough though, I hate it when people say this shit to me. I'm just not at the point where I can fully accept it I guess.

M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
I looked at that horrible Facebook sight called stop sanctioned suicide for the first time the other day. What a nasty person/people. They takes the occasional worst of the worst stuff on here and ignore the rest. For instance if something isn't said "just right" when someone is actively ctb. And at least one that seemed like a set up to even figure out how to respond to. They never show the ones of us talking about our feelings or consoling each other or all the other good and helpful stuff.
The crew that wants to stop SS seems almost more addicted to it than any of us are. They crawl through it probably daily taking pictures whenever they see on off conversation. Posting it on Facebook. Taken out of context some stuff does not read as well as others... accusing SS members of killing children!

Last edited:
Reactions: x~Sophia~x