• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
So thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I now have a Max Dog nitrogen regulator. (Thank you, Mr/Mrs. X, whoever you are.) After playing around with it, and timing how fast it fills up the exit bag, I can now say for certain that the cheap regulator I linked to earlier is an unreliable piece of junk. I would definitely recommend anyone doing the Nitrogen method to pay for the Max Dog regulator. (Or I should say the WT Farley regulator. That's the company that makes it, and Max Dog just puts a sticker on it, puts it in a snazzy little box, and marks it up A LOT!)

Here is the link to buy the same regulator directly from WT Farley. It costs $125.00 which is MUCH cheaper than the $330.00 that Max Dog charges. NOTE: I'm talking about the American product here. Australia and Europe have their own fittings, and you'll have to do the research for wherever you live.

Reactions: Richard67, k1w1, LADY007 and 11 others
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
How is it possible you received a regulator without knowing who it came from? Is your name and address public information on this forum?

Could it have come from WT Farley perhaps? As a promotion for their regulator?

Anyway, even if you're shilling for them, I agree this seems better than the one you linked in your famous post. After all, this one actually "regulates", whereas your earlier one was just a flow "meter".

Only concern is the warning at the bottom of the page:

This item cannot be sold to individuals. The purchaser must be affiliated with a professional medical facility or brewing company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnythefox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 4 others
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
I'm not going to get into all the details of how I ended up getting one. (It's just not relevant to this discussion.) And I'm definitely no shill, or I wouldn't have shared that little pearl of wisdom that knocks 200 bucks off the price. And as for that warning, that's new! A couple of months ago I had one ordered, but I cancelled it at the last minute because I needed the money for something else. I almost wonder if that was done at the behest of Max Dog, to keep people from taking the cheaper route. I wonder how hard it would be to fake some credentials...

Well, in any case, this type of regulator is the way to go.

Reactions: Righttodie, Redt2go, Thewhowithin69 and 4 others
D

dog3000

Jul 8, 2018
just a reminder from PPeH: During storage, the black knob should be set to zero.

EU regulators need German DIN 477 fitting.

Reactions: Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I had ordered a different regulator because I was trying to save money, but after reading this post and several others I've decided to order the Max Dog Brewing regulator. This makes me feel better because I know I won't have any problems getting the hose to fit the regulator because it comes with a hose. The only thing that sucks is that it takes six weeks for delivery. That means I may be doomed to for sure sticking around for six more weeks.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I had ordered a different regulator because I was trying to save money, but after reading this post and several others I've decided to order the Max Dog Brewing regulator. This makes me feel better because I know I won't have any problems getting the hose to fit the regulator because it comes with a hose. The only thing that sucks is that it takes six weeks for delivery. That means I may be doomed to for sure sticking around for six more weeks.

Mine took about 3 weeks. Glad you decided to order from them, it's worth the cost just for the peace of mind. It is our death afterall, might as well go out in a bit of "style" lol. It does come in a nice box, quite a classy touch!

Reactions: Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 4 others
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Mine took about 3 weeks. Glad you decided to order from them, it's worth the cost just for the peace of mind. It is our death afterall, might as well go out in a bit of "style" lol. It does come in a nice box, quite a classy touch!

Three weeks is better than six weeks. I hope that's the case for me.

I do like having the peace of mind. The regulator I have now looks confusing and I don't know how reliable and steady the flow would be. I don't want to take any chances. This will be my last act on planet earth, might as well make sure it's flawless.

Reactions: Righttodie, Thewhowithin69, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Three weeks is better than six weeks. I hope that's the case for me.

I do like having the peace of mind. The regulator I have now looks confusing and I don't know how reliable and steady the flow would be. I don't want to take any chances. This will be my last act on planet earth, might as well make sure it's flawless.

Exactly. Keep us posted. Hang in there, you will feel a bit better when it arrives I am sure.

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
I just got mine, it took about 3 1/2 weeks from the time it was ordered to the time received. I'm in the U.S.

It's not the same as the nitrogen regulator sold by WT Farley that is linked at the top of this thread.

I peeled off the Max Dog sticker and underneath it says O2 regulator. The model number printed on it matches this oxygen regulator on the WT Farley website.

But the Max Dog regulator has the connector that is required for nitrogen cylinders, which is different than the one required by oxygen cylinders.

I'm interested in knowing where in the process the connector is swapped out. Does WT Farley make the regulators custom for Max Dog?

Here are some images. The Max Dog sticker was firmly attached when I got it, it looks like that because I had been picking at it to see how easy it would detach.

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, Stryxmain and 5 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I have the max dog. Why does this concern you?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and Lifeisatrap
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
In the UK the regulators seem really cheap. I was going to order the cylinder and regulator from the same place so i know it fits and should be decent. A 10 litre nitrogen cylinder and the regulator from Gas Uk. This method needs to work so dont mind spending a bit more than the cheap ones. About £150 for everything but the includes a £60 deposit for the tank. So if it does fail ill get the £60 back. Cant afford Max dog prices plus the wait time it would get here is too long.

Reactions: Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
If I may hijack this thread for a moment, i check the 'Max Dog' stuff and the volume of gas was only 0,4 m3. Is there a practical way to get more ? In Europe.

Reactions: Violet, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
If I may hijack this thread for a moment, i check the 'Max Dog' stuff and the volume of gas was only 0,4 m3. Is there a practical way to get more ? In Europe.

Max dog will not ship gas cylinders outside of AU. You will have to find a local gas supplier.

Reactions: Deafsn0w
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@Smilla,

The website is clear enough. They have outsourced that product, there is a link on their website. I'm assuming the 0,4 m3 based on my memory is correct.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
@Smilla,

The website is clear enough. They have outsourced that product, there is a link on their website. I'm assuming the 0,4 m3 based on my memory is correct.

Sorry I thought you were thinking they would ship a filled cylinder to you. I'm confused by your question

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
I have the max dog. Why does this concern you?

I am interested in knowing what differentiates the Max Dog from the nitrogen regulator sold by WT Farley, and if WT Farley is from whom they procure their regulators, why Max Dog sells a customized oxygen regulator as opposed to just re-selling the nitrogen regulator WT Farley already sells.

Do you have any thoughts on this? I mean, other than the connector, is there any difference between an oxygen regulator and a nitrogen regulator, and does it matter? I guess that would be the question this all boils down to for me.

(I assume all these things are okay, that Max Dog knows what they are doing, presumably; I'm prone to worry about every tiny little thing in life so whether my interest is founded in reality or a compulsive tendency, or a bit of both, who's to say.

But on the other hand, for a layperson with an active imagination, I think feeling disconcerted to peel away the Max Dog label and see 'O2 regulator' when it is nitrogen that is being dealt with is a reasonable feeling.)

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I am interested in knowing what differentiates the Max Dog from the nitrogen regulator sold by WT Farley, and if WT Farley is from whom they procure their regulators, why Max Dog sells a customized oxygen regulator as opposed to just re-selling the nitrogen regulator WT Farley already sells.

Do you have any thoughts on this? I mean, other than the connector, is there any difference between an oxygen regulator and a nitrogen regulator, and does it matter? I guess that would be the question this all boils down to for me.

(I assume all these things are okay, that Max Dog knows what they are doing, presumably; I'm prone to worry about every tiny little thing in life so whether my interest is founded in reality or a compulsive tendency, or a bit of both, who's to say.

But on the other hand, for a layperson with an active imagination, I think feeling disconcerted to peel away the Max Dog label and see 'O2 regulator' when it is nitrogen that is being dealt with is a reasonable feeling.)

I don't dispute your feelings at all; I will try to do my own research and post my findings.

My non educated guess is that the oxygen regulators are better built than the nitrogen ones since oxygen is highly flammable—so PN used those and reconfigured the connection to work with nitrogen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
I will try to do my own research and post my findings.
That would be great, I would definitely be interested in knowing more. Thanks.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
That would be great, I would definitely be interested in knowing more. Thanks.

Someone on yahoo chemistry section asked this question and the response was "oxygen regulators are held to more stringent standards than nitrogen so using a o2 regulator for n2 is probably overkill but actually "safer"".

Ok, it's yahoo but makes sense to me.

Will try to find out more. I have a friend who is a chemist and will ask him using the excuse that I plan to do some welding and got a cheap o2 regulator on eBay.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Jen Erik and 1 other person
DarkTear

DarkTear

Aug 1, 2018
I've got the European version - it even has "Oxygen" written on the display.
Thanks for the clarification, @Smilla

Attachments

• 20181126_195025_.jpg
    20181126_195025_.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 85
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I've got the European version - it even has "Oxygen" written on the display.
Thanks for the clarification, @Smilla

Just looked at mine! Same thing and I am in US

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Anyway thanks to Jen Erik for being detail oriented and starting this discussion.

I would have gotten to the hotel room where I planned to ctb and probably started freaking out thinking max dog fucked up if I had examined the regulator closely. We don't need extra questions and stress in our final moments.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
There may also be the detail that if MaxDog is using a medical-grade O2 regulator --which looks possible from the photos-- 15Lpm is a standard flow rate for medical application of O2, so the regulator is conveniently adaptable to the 15Lpm we need for use with an exit bag. A lot of welding regulators operate at much lower flow rates, so it can be a bit of a fuss trying to find one that works at the necessary 15Lpm.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Confirmed with my chemist friend that since o2 is highly reactive the regulators are more sensitive and better made, which is why I guess PN used those.

Also confirmed that you can definitely use an o2 regulator with n2 but wouldn't want to use a n2 regulator with o2.

Reactions: Righttodie, fibroguy, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
There may also be the detail that if MaxDog is using a medical-grade O2 regulator --which looks possible from the photos-- 15Lpm is a standard flow rate for medical application of O2, so the regulator is conveniently adaptable to the 15Lpm we need for use with an exit bag. A lot of welding regulators operate at much lower flow rates, so it can be a bit of a fuss trying to find one that works at the necessary 15Lpm.

This is also an excellent observation.

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Sorry I thought you were thinking they would ship a filled cylinder to you. I'm confused by your question

My thoughts were that a volume of 0.4 m3 is not much ! A lot of precision work, and for this purpose it would be better to have a larger volume of nitrogen. Or any other inert gas,

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and lv-gras
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
My thoughts were that a volume of 0.4 m3 is not much ! A lot of precision work, and for this purpose it would be better to have a larger volume of nitrogen. Or any other inert gas,
I ended up buying a 40cf tank of N2 instead of a 20cf. A 20cf will give very close to 40 minutes at 15Lpm, which is about right to ctb. However, I've failed/flinched three times now, so have probably used 15 minutes of N2. Had I bought a 20cf, I'd be needing to have it refilled. Since I bought a 40cf, with 80 min @ 15Lpm, I still have plenty left for future attempts.

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
We don't need extra questions and stress in our final moments.
For sure, this.

Confirmed with my chemist friend that since o2 is highly reactive the regulators are more sensitive and better made, which is why I guess PN used those.

Also confirmed that you can definitely use an o2 regulator with n2 but wouldn't want to use a n2 regulator with o2.
Thanks for getting that info. Much appreciated.

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
if MaxDog is using a medical-grade O2 regulator --which looks possible from the photos-- 15Lpm is a standard flow rate for medical application of O2, so the regulator is conveniently adaptable to the 15Lpm we need for use with an exit bag.
This is good info. Thanks.

The company name that is machine-stamped on the Max Dog is WT Farley and they sell medical supplies exclusively, so I think presuming this to be a medical-grade device is accurate.