• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
What is DOGE and how to pronounce?
Dohzh --sort of like "doze," only slurred a bit. Head of an Italian city state in the medieval/renaissance period. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doge

But that doesn't mean I understand the reference...

ETA: In light of the following post --chalk up another cultural fail for TiredHorse! :-)

Last edited:
L

-L-

‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍‍
Jan 18, 2019
What is DOGE and how to pronounce?
The Doge dog is a meme..
Its just intended to be satire, against maxdog brewing..

You can read more about the doge dog memes here:

Tl;dr I'm literally memeing myself to death..

Reactions: Stepheng7287, Righttodie and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
The Doge dog is a meme..
Its just intended to be satire, against maxdog brewing..

You can read more about the doge dog memes here:

Tl;dr I'm literally memeing myself to death..

I wish I hadn't asked now...
P.S.

Meme.

I've Googled it.

I've Yahooed it.

I've dreamed it.

But it will still never make the slightest sense to me. It seems to be a millennial word to describe something already in existence (a popular theme/fad/trend, etc) so in essence it means sweet FA, but just sounds millennially trendy.

Can any 'meme' experts convince me otherwise?

Last edited:
Reactions: Righttodie
L

-L-

‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍‍
Jan 18, 2019
I wish I hadn't asked now...
P.S.

Meme.

I've Googled it.

I've Yahooed it.

I've dreamed it.

But it will still never make the slightest sense to me. It seems to be a millennial word to describe something already in existence (a popular theme/fad/trend, etc) so in essence it means sweet FA, but just sounds millennially trendy.

Can any 'meme' experts convince me otherwise?
My life has been miserable for a long very long time (Over a decade). I've always tried to get through my problems with jokes and humor, and this is no different to me.

And with my bus coming ever closer all I want to do now is just be positive and laugh a little..

Life is to short and pointless to be so serious.

• Love
Reactions: Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jen Erik
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Hi

Did you have to pay duty on the regulator when it was delivered to you in USA?

Did you get the MDB regulator? Am wondering if it was dutiable in the USA and how that was handled with DHL?

Well, DHL will ALWAYS screw you for the/their max.

It's another reason I'm not impressed with Max Dog. There are many secure ways to ship internationally but why do they chose the very worst for ripping of recipients with this that and the other charge?

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
Instead of paying $330 for the MDB regulator you use a 0-15 LPM oxygen regulator with an adapter for $50-$70. Read this thread:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/

The comments posted by Fister (RIP) will tell you the exact parts to get. You'll have to search on Google using the part numbers he gives but you'll find the needed items.

For convenience here are the part numbers:

1) Medline HCS5415M 02 regulator

2) Western Enterprises 415 adapter

There's a second thread linked to in the thread above you may also want to read.

You can also buy a somewhat more expensive 02 regulator from WT Farley (but I don't know if it's actually more precise or reliable than the one Fister recommends in the thread above):

https://www...wtfarley...(DOT).....com/Oxygen-Standard-Body-Click-Regulator-CGA-540

Select the barb-style outlet from the dropdown menu.

I altered the URL because we're not allowed to post active links directly to sources here on SS. You can also get the Farley 02 regulator from Amazon. You'll still need the Western Enterprises adapter which can be bought from Amazon using a search with the phrase "western enterprises 415, cga-580-540 adapter". The adapter can also be purchased from other websites using a Google search.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwood_tilt and Righttodie
CURSED again

CURSED again

please help
Aug 15, 2019
i'm new here & not computer savy - i dont know how to cut and paste a previous poster's response but Fister had done research and got a Medline regulator but he departed before reporting on his test results with it - so i dont know if its ok to use as it is or has to be adjusted somehow since its oxygen not nitrogen - he also mentioned he was going to see about adjusting it for above 15lpm but dont know how that would be possible since the max setting on the unit is 15lpm - anyway i'm glad Fister was successful - the Medline is possibly a less expensive alternative to the Max Dog regulator

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
i'm new here & not computer savy - i dont know how to cut and paste a previous poster's response but Fister had done research and got a Medline regulator but he departed before reporting on his test results with it - so i dont know if its ok to use as it is or has to be adjusted somehow since its oxygen not nitrogen - he also mentioned he was going to see about adjusting it for above 15lpm but dont know how that would be possible since the max setting on the unit is 15lpm - anyway i'm glad Fister was successful - the Medline is possibly a less expensive alternative to the Max Dog regulator

Please read my post directly above yours. That'll tell you everything you need to know.

If you need advice about buying a tank of nitrogen do the following:

1) Go to a website called Cyberweld...(D O T)...c o m which has been recommended here on SS before. I can't link directly because of the new forum rule about posting sources.

2) In the search box type in: inert gas cylinder

3) This will bring up a list of inert gas tanks you can buy in various sizes as measured in cubic feet. 20 cubic feet is the minimum size you need for this method. You can also buy a 40- or 60-cubic foot tank that will obviously provide nitrogen for a longer period of time "just to be sure" if you'd like that. ONLY choose a tank listed as "inert gas". DO NOT get one marked "oxygen", "acetylene", etc.

4) Click on the size of tank you're interested in. On the product info page for each tank there's a dropdown menu under the word "options". Use the menu and select "Full Nitrogen". What this means is that Cyberweld will fill the tank for you with N2 then ship it directly to your house.

Also for the tubing you need you can either buy oxygen tubing from Amazon or go to a local hardware store and buy a length of vinyl tubing cut to whatever length you want. I think the recommended length for this method is around 6 feet.

The internal diameter of the oxygen tubing should be a size that will naturally fit the barb outlet on the 02 regulator. If you go with vinyl tubing from a hardware store you'd have to first find out the internal diameter of the oxygen tubing which you could learn from the tubing's product page on Amazon then choose vinyl tubing that has the same or similar internal diameter.

Ready-made oxygen tubing that you buy from Amazon or a medical supply store is usually all of the same internal diameter and designed to already fit on the barb outlet on an oxygen regulator.

Generic vinyl tubing you get from a hardware store comes in several different internal diameters so you need to make sure the tubing you buy fits onto the barb outlet of the 02 regulator. The way to do this is to buy the regulator first then take it to the hardware store and attach different sizes of vinyl tubing to it to see which one fits tightly to the barb outlet.

If you go with generic vinyl tubing go to either a hardware store or an auto parts store and buy a small hose clamp that goes around the end of the tubing attached to the barb outlet on the 02 regulator to make sure it doesn't slip off when you turn the gas on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwood_tilt, Righttodie, how2toGetout and 1 other person
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
@pane thanks for all your hard work. I'll try to update this thread with more info for folks after I get all my materials delivered.

You @fister and @TiredHorse have made this process very manageable and straightforward, thank you all.

Reactions: pane
R

Richard67

Sep 9, 2023
So thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I now have a Max Dog nitrogen regulator. (Thank you, Mr/Mrs. X, whoever you are.) After playing around with it, and timing how fast it fills up the exit bag, I can now say for certain that the cheap regulator I linked to earlier is an unreliable piece of junk. I would definitely recommend anyone doing the Nitrogen method to pay for the Max Dog regulator. (Or I should say the WT Farley regulator. That's the company that makes it, and Max Dog just puts a sticker on it, puts it in a snazzy little box, and marks it up A LOT!)

Here is the link to buy the same regulator directly from WT Farley. It costs $125.00 which is MUCH cheaper than the $330.00 that Max Dog charges. NOTE: I'm talking about the American product here. Australia and Europe have their own fittings, and you'll have to do the research for wherever you live.
WT Farley is today quoting me a price of $168. Grump.

I found this quote from another post from this SS site:
So, did some more research. Disappointingly, I don't think Max Dog Brewing's understanding is that good. Medical gas cylinders do seem to be fitted for CGA-540, but if you're going to an industrial gas supplier, here in Canada it seems like you're getting a CGA-580. Luckily, that seems easy to get. Here's a sample: BTSHUB Argon CO2 Flowmeter and Regulator Gauge Mig Tig CGA580 0 to 60 CFH Welding Gas Flow Meter, Full Copper

Annoyingly, output on that is cubic feet per hour, rather than liters per minute. It maxes out at 60 CFH, which is about 28 L/min, easily managing the recommended output of 20 L/min.

Sorry this is turning into a bit of a journal, but perhaps seeing this part of the process will be helpful to some. Exit bag is definitely a bit of a nerdy way to CTB.
More math: the typical cylinder I hear recommended is 22 cu. ft. Converting back from L/min to CFH, it seems that the recommended output will empty the cylinder in about a half an hour. The bus should have pulled well out of the station by then, so it seems like that's plenty. You could get away with less, but for peace of mind, it's a sensible amount without getting ridiculous.
I found a similar Argon 'Flowmeter' for $39.99, also on Amazon.com. I am also a USA customer and I find that the MaxDog Brewing website just goes blank for me.

This represents something of a personal Triumph for me, for this weekend: I have signed up for this forum, and I may very well have solved the knotty problem of "jet flow fitting", "custom flow control regulator", vs plain "regulator" vs 'they all want to charge me plenty', etc.

Obtaining tank for Nitrogen and getting it filled appear to be very manageable issues by comparison, to me. I will post how I make out with these various steps.

I just going to add that I am really grateful to have an appropriate forum for the appropriate kind of discussion here! It may well prolong my life and is most likely to improve the quality of it, so thank you all!!

Yay!