• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
People say if you need me, I'm here whenever you want. Reality is that lasts about a week in the best case scenario. I wish people would stop saying it if they didn't mean it because it only is there to make them feel good. When someone kills themself, people say I wish they would open up. Reality is that if they open up, then people would leave their lives because no one wants to be around a suicidal person. They wouldn't open up because people are going to ostracize them. The stigma exists because people don't actually care and only say these things because want to feel better about themselves instead of actually stepping up. People are gonna drop a suicidal person 99% of the time. 99% of people don't care and I wish they would be honest about it or delegate to some professional whose job it is to listen to you. I've learned to hide my suicidal thoughts so people would stop dropping me. I lie about it and say I'm doing on top of the world because no one actually cares.

DFFP

DFFP

Aug 2, 2020
People say if you need me, I'm here whenever you want. Reality is that lasts about a week in the best case scenario. I wish people would stop saying it if they didn't mean it because it only is there to make them feel good. When someone kills themself, people say I wish they would open up. Reality is that if they open up, then people would leave their lives because no one wants to be around a suicidal person. They wouldn't open up because people are going to ostracize them. The stigma exists because people don't actually care and only say these things because want to feel better about themselves instead of actually stepping up. People are gonna drop a suicidal person 99% of the time. 99% of people don't care and I wish they would be honest about it or delegate to some professional whose job it is to listen to you. I've learned to hide my suicidal thoughts so people would stop dropping me. I lie about it and say I'm doing on top of the world because no one actually cares.
It's true. People don't care about suicidal people. people look away without understanding and letting them suffer. Never mind....

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I have friends who say they care, but they never check in. Only if I message them do they think about asking how I'm doing? Then they'll say that we should connect really soon.

And I never hear from them until the next time I message them, a few months later.

FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
This is so true! I've made the mistake of reaching out to these kinds of people before and it's aweful! Things get so awkward and you can tell they get visibly uncomfortable

I've given up on seeking help from other people. I came close once. I texted my friends goodbye. For some reason, I decided to give life a chance (I regret it). My friends texted back with anger. They accused me of faking it all for attention and decided to stop being my friends. That killed me. It shows me that no one actually cares. No one actually cares whether you live or die. Anti-suicide stuff is mainly lip service. For now I've put on a happy mask and I tell everyone I'm on top of the world. When in fact, I've spent those years since planning my release from this uncaring world.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
A little humor if okay, in spoiler if not okay:

Every time I see the thread title in the feed, I read it as:

99% of people won't actually care

And my brain continues, I bet I know who will.

searchingfreedom

searchingfreedom

Jun 5, 2020
Thank you so much for writing this. People are full of shit, and you're right, they just say it so they can appear to be a good person. I really wish I would have realized this sooner. It would have saved me from so much disappointment and heartache.

Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
I have friends who say they care, but they never check in. Only if I message them do they think about asking how I'm doing? Then they'll say that we should connect really soon.

And I never hear from them until the next time I message them, a few months later.
I know the feeling very well. But instead of a few months later it's never again. Maybe we just need better friends. I mean, everyone's busy in this life. But god damn, is it so hard to put some effort into your friends? Because apparently, it definitely seems like it.

This is so true! I've made the mistake of reaching out to these kinds of people before and it's aweful! Things get so awkward and you can tell they get visibly uncomfortable
Last I had this happen was with my crush some time ago. Perhaps it's my fault for bringing it up or maybe my crush didn't know how to respond or handle the situation. I don't blame them for it. Hurt a little bit though.

FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
Last I had this happen was with my crush some time ago. Perhaps it's my fault for bringing it up or maybe my crush didn't know how to respond or handle the situation. I don't blame them for it. Hurt a little bit though.

Ouch. Are you okay man? That experience would make me want to off myself instantly.

Reactions: Blank Dreamer
Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
Ouch. Are you okay man? That experience would make me want to off myself instantly.
Heh, yeah I'm alright. I've been through worse before. I haven't seen them or talked to them in awhile thanks to this global situation. Honestly, it's probably for the best. Wouldn't want them to worry about me any further.

T

TheSkyIsBlue

Student
May 16, 2020
Exactly my thoughts. When you talk about your suicidal thoughts, they'll tell you how sorry they are, but in reality, they're thinking about how annoying you are. They're saying nice things just to make themselves feel better. And then they abandon you. Alternatively, you don't say anything about suicide to them, then you kill yourself and they'll be like "he should've opened himself to us."

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Excellent post, I share the same sentiments as well. The vast majority people don't "really" care, and they do it just as a virtue signal to make themselves feel good about themselves. This is also why I've lost faith in humanity as a whole, thus my misanthropic views on humans itself. I consider myself to be misanthropic, anti-natal, nihilistic, and pro-choice as my characteristics and view on things.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I tested this theory to completion and have lost everyone I cared about lol. That's when I actually learned to be more content with myself. As well as build a new following of "friends and family" that I'd keep at a distance to maintain boundaries.

Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
I tested this theory to completion and have lost everyone I cared about lol. That's when I actually learned to be more content with myself. As well as build a new following of "friends and family" that I'd keep at a distance to maintain boundaries.
Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Should try that for myself too. Only problem is now building that up.

A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
I understand. My only friends are nature, my cats, my dogs, & my iguana. I'm trying to stick around long enough for them to pass naturally, but I have cancer, and what I've read, I have about 8 years since I'm not undergoing treatment.

HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
It is true. They don't care about people who are suicidal. They only care about themselves.

I got a friend (A) who has another friend (B). B has depression and is suicidal, and B opened up to A. A feels bad leaving and ignoring B, so A stayed. This has been going on for years. Finally, A told me how toxic B is and how B always makes A's days worse. I said "ok why don't you just leave? You can always leave." A answered "If I leave, B would commit suicide and I would be the one to blame. I don't want to be blamed. I wish B never opened up to me so I don't need to feel guilty haha."

This is a true story I swear. I'm not making this up. Human beings are really scary. Be careful out there.

A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
It is true. They don't care about people who are suicidal. They only care about themselves.

I got a friend (A) who has another friend (B). B has depression and is suicidal, and B opened up to A. A feels bad leaving and ignoring B, so A stayed. This has been going on for years. Finally, A told me how toxic B is and how B always makes A's days worse. I said "ok why don't you just leave? You can always leave." A answered "If I leave, B would commit suicide and I would be the one to blame. I don't want to be blamed. I wish B never opened up to me so I don't need to feel guilty haha."

This is a true story I swear. I'm not making this up. Human beings are really scary. Be careful out there.
The world is too full of emotionally weak people who are selfish in a bad way. Meaning, they have spoiled brat lives and don't have the strength to help those who are strong, but have crappy lives.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Exactly my thoughts. When you talk about your suicidal thoughts, they'll tell you how sorry they are, but in reality, they're thinking about how annoying you are. They're saying nice things just to make themselves feel better. And then they abandon you. Alternatively, you don't say anything about suicide to them, then you kill yourself and they'll be like "he should've opened himself to us."
Catch-22. Lose-lose situation. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
If you plan on continuing on living here, boundaries are huge. I was always so open and transparent and wanted everyone to be the same with me. Nope! That's a horrible idea. Limit the amount you let other people in and how much you let out to others. Keeping emotion in and being non reactive is hugely beneficial. The issue is that asking someone like me to do that is like asking someone with turrets to stop twitching.

Last edited:
M

MelissaBlake

it's a false name. I want to be anonymous.
Sep 11, 2020

And that's why we need this pleace.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
The world is too full of emotionally weak people who are selfish in a bad way. Meaning, they have spoiled brat lives and don't have the strength to help those who are strong, but have crappy lives.

To frame it, hang it on the wall, all over bilboards and every evening on the news. Truer word was never spoken.
Fuck most people. A step away monkey with worse character.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
K

kqlysrsly

Sep 15, 2020
Are glad?
Yeah. Believe it or not but most people are happy when others fail or gets killed.
Some of them are because of less competition basically and the rest are just sadistic.

Truth is a mfer right?
You see this is why so many people wanna ctb. Partly.

N

NoEscape

Aug 4, 2019

Spot on.

What they mean is that they will be there for you a week or two, but ultimately won't let themselves be dragged down by you. If you're a long term sufferer, your mental ills aren't just going to disappear after a bout of anti depressants and a few weeks of therapy but that's what they expect. They think and/or hope it's like any other illness that will clear up. The reality is you have severe issues you are on your own. Even the people that are paid to care are incompetent half the time, you can't expect regular joes to be of any use.

It's really frustrating because you see mental health awareness campaigns everywhere but you just know if you put any of these smug people to the test they would run a mile. They think people with mental issues are weirdos but at the same time want to be seen as good people so bang on about getting help constantly. The worst thing is a lot of these types have hijacked the illnesses for themselves. The terms have lost all meaning, as apparently everyone these days is depressed or 'has anxiety'. What they mean is they've had a bad experience (for the first time) in their otherwise cushy life that lasts a little longer than usual and they can't hack it, and apparently that's an illness. They get to benefit by virtue signalling or claiming to be suffering themselves and so the one thing we did own, this horrible fucking existence, belongs to them as well!

FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
Spot on.

What they mean is that they will be there for you a week or two, but ultimately won't let themselves be dragged down by you. If you're a long term sufferer, your mental ills aren't just going to disappear after a bout of anti depressants and a few weeks of therapy but that's what they expect. They think and/or hope it's like any other illness that will clear up. The reality is you have severe issues you are on your own. Even the people that are paid to care are incompetent half the time, you can't expect regular joes to be of any use.

It's really frustrating because you see mental health awareness campaigns everywhere but you just know if you put any of these smug people to the test they would run a mile. They think people with mental issues are weirdos but at the same time want to be seen as good people so bang on about getting help constantly. The worst thing is a lot of these types have hijacked the illnesses for themselves. The terms have lost all meaning, as apparently everyone these days is depressed or 'has anxiety'. What they mean is they've had a bad experience (for the first time) in their otherwise cushy life that lasts a little longer than usual and they can't hack it, and apparently that's an illness. They get to benefit by virtue signalling or claiming to be suffering themselves and so the one thing we did own, this horrible fucking existence, belongs to them as well!

Depression has definitely lost its meaning from comprehensive and crippling desire to die to I just feel sad. But let's be honest, people are self-interested, I wish they would just be honest about it. Can you really blame them? Supporting a suicidal person takes a lot of energy - I wish they would refer the person to a mental health professional instead of dropping the person or acting like they're undesirable. This makes being depressed so tough because there's a huge stigma and no one really knows or wants to talk about depression. "I'm here if you need to talk" has become the new "How are you doing?" You don't actually tell them how you're doing just like you don't tell them that you're on the edge. And let's not get to even finding a spouse. No one wants a partner with severe psychological problems. You're utterly undesirable.

Reactions: NoEscape and DFFP
TreizKhushranata

TreizKhushranata

The cup of life has been poisoned forever.
Sep 26, 2020
And you don't care about other people either. Why care if people care or not?

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Hmm.... well about 7,000,000,000 people in the world. 7 million people who care. Doesn't sound so rare when you put it like that.