NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I think it's really unhealthy by purposely feeding into people's fears and outrage to keep us viewing for more ad revenue. Instead of just presenting information, it's a whole immersive experience to keep the viewer feeling like they are a part of the action with constant alerts and chyrons. I mean there is even a program called "The Situation Room" like we are sitting in the White House making life or death decisions. This nonstop barrage of drama and negativity is not limited to cable news but now includes news feeds that appear on every platform and every piece of technology, plus outrage/panic addicts who love to constantly tell us about the latest events, as if we don't all have access to the same information. It's good to be informed but when it becomes that invasive it's not really helpful anymore...

TL;DR: Going outside in nature is a good idea sometimes.

What do you think?

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Alwaysbadtime, Maravillosa and 3 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes, I agree. I haven't looked at the news regularly since 2016. Anything I need to know I will eventually find out.

Reactions: FuneralCry
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not tend to look at the news much, I think there is too much information out there. It is easy to get caught up in the news due to the nature of the internet. I like going out in nature, it is one of the only things that makes me feel a little bit better.

Reactions: demuic and less than
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Reactions: demuic, NasiGoreng and Maravillosa
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I stay informed on the ultimate horrors that are happening and get updates on Kourtney Kardasian's string bikini. It's a load of shit. I can't fucking help people shaking in terror and I can't affect any Kardashian's bullshit with any bitchy comments on Twitter. No one cares...and no one can help fight extreme injustice. It's funded. It's ignored and morons somehow fund Kardashians to travel the world and brag when people are quaking in terror.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Haven't watched any TV in 15 years. Feels good.