sleep_dealer

sleep_dealer

when life is your enemy, death becomes your friend
Feb 23, 2020
The original article for this was published in the Salt Lake Tribune, which isn't available in EU countries for whatever reason, so I linked an MSN mirror alongside it. This is genuine. This isn't an Onion article.

• A Utah landlord evicted an 18-year-old woman after she described suicidal thoughts to her roommates, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.
  • The notice from the landlord begins by suggesting that the woman violated her lease contract, pointing specifically to two parameters: breaching the "quiet enjoyment of the premises" and threatening "endangerment of human life."
  • "We have been made aware that you have vocalized suicidal tendencies which has caused undo [sic] stress and alarm to your roommates"
  • Nate Crippes, an attorney with the Disability Law Center in Utah, says "This just seems particularly egregious. You have a person who is literally and clearly going through something to the point where they're expressing thoughts of suicide. To then turn around and say, 'I'm going to evict you,' it's just a real problem."
  • The apartment complex exclusively houses students at Utah Valley University, but it is not owned or operated by the school. UVU spokesperson Scott Trotter said Thursday that the university sympathizes with the woman, but "we couldn't even do anything if we wanted to."
  • The evicted woman told The Salt Lake Tribune she has contacted the building's management, but has not received a response.

bruh, what the fuck are these dudes smoking?

Imagine genuinely expressing one's struggle with suicidality, but instead of receiving helpful support, you're literally persecuted for thoughtcrime. Dare to speak of your weariness to those close to you and get fucking evicted for 'the breaching of the quiet enjoyment of the premises'. "Sorry, your suffering is just too much of an inconvenience for us to tolerate." Imagine thinking that frivolously and mercilessly kicking a vulnerable person to the curb solely for saying they're suicidal somehow isn't a literal "endangerment of human life." Imagine an administration that values the avoidance of inconvenience more than not condemning an already suicidal person to homelessness. Imagine doing all this, and then having the gall to fucking call the expresser's actions "reckless".

This genuinely incentivizes not saying anything. If you so much dare so much as to speak anything of suicide, you get your home stolen from you. Imagine having to walk a tightrope, being trapped under a tyranny of silence, just to be able to maintain an existence that you're damned miserable in anyway. What the hell did they think such an action would accomplish? Do they think problems get solved by not addressing them, and then by proceeding to make new ones? This is a level of idiocy that's simply so damned stupid, it has to be real.

I've gotten punished for speaking truthfully/honestly about suicide before, but never to such a degree as this. What do you guys think fuels this bullshit?

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, N2Narcosis, Rn110bg101 and 23 others
Deleted member 22650

Deleted member 22650

Student
Oct 7, 2020
That is so unfair..

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, bornfree and 4 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I saw that online a week or so ago, literally appalling.

I have no idea how anyone thinks that's an appropriate decision, I think I remember reading that a civil rights group was lining up a lawsuit for her on grounds that it was discriminating on the basis of disability, I really hope that goes well for her.

In the meantime I think I saw that she had had a ton of offers of free accommodation and support so that's really great to see.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, opiatedreamz, ERASED and 11 others
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
I saw that online a week or so ago, literally appalling.

I have no idea how anyone thinks that's an appropriate decision, I think I remember reading that a civil rights group was lining up a lawsuit for her on grounds that it was discriminating on the basis of disability, I really hope that goes well for her.

In the meantime I think I saw that she had had a ton of offers of free accommodation and support so that's really great to see.

That's reassuring to hear. She really needs help right now, and I'm glad people are stepping up to the plate.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, InterstateFlowers and 3 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
This must some sort of a twisted joke

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, Midnight-rain and 6 others
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I am full of anger on an inexplicable level towards that guy. What the hell is he thinking?!

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, InterstateFlowers and 6 others
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
My opinion will be unpopular. If she were in a private apartment I would agree with everyone. However she's in an apartment with roommates. Those roommates may not want to deal with someone that has mental issues. I frankly wouldn't want some random roommate I dont know to be burdened with my problems. I also wouldn't want to be burdened with theirs. That chit can be traumatic.

Clearly the roommates are unhappy and reported her issues. They have a right not to have to deal with it; and to have a quiet place to study and experience uni. Getting through school is hard enough for the average young adult. Having to deal with a suicidal person you dont know when you dont have the tools is not a requirement for any college student.

EDIT: They should find her a solo apartment and an outpatient treatment facility close by.

Last edited:
Reactions: kovkay, Brink, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
My opinion will be unpopular. If she were in a private apartment I would agree with everyone. However she's in an apartment with roommates. Those roommates may not want to deal with someone that has mental issues. I frankly wouldn't want some random roommate I dont know to be burdened with my problems. I also wouldn't want to be burdened with theirs. That chit can be traumatic.

Clearly the roommates are unhappy and reported her issues. They have a right not to have to deal with it; and to have a quiet place to study and experience uni. Getting through school is hard enough for the average young adult. Having to deal with a suicidal person you dont know when you dont have the tools is not a requirement for any college student.

EDIT: They should find her a solo apartment and an outpatient treatment facility close by.
I'd rather be burdened emotionally by a vulnerable roommate, than have to see her evicted and possibly in an even worse situation. There's a real chance this could push a suicidal person to a full on attempt. Just my opinion.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, Midnight-rain and 7 others
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Some people are fucking cruel and sick

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, goodbyebunny and 3 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
It's almost like they're encouraging her to self isolate. Yknow, the thing that you're supposed to do when someone you care about might be in danger. You leave them alone? Definitely a good way to make her feel loved and cared for.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, Midnight-rain and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Oh hun, if I was in Utah I would open my doors for you. No one that age should be left homeless.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, bornfree and 2 others
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I'd rather be burdened emotionally by a vulnerable roommate, than have to see her evicted and possibly in an even worse situation. There's a real chance this could push a suicidal person to a full on attempt. Just my opinion.

Thats a personal choice and not a requirement of any human being. Thats why theres professionals to handle it. I and every other human being have the right to choose not to deal with it. Each person has the right to determine what is right for them and their peace and mental sanity.

I liken it to any other potentially undesirable situation. For example I wouldn't want to live with a drug addict either.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
Thats a personal choice and not a requirement of any human being. Thats why theres professionals to handle it. I and every other human being have the right to choose not to deal with it. Each person has the right to determine what is right for them and their peace and mental sanity.

I liken it to any other potentially undesirable situation. For example I wouldn't want to live with a drug addict either.
Yes, you're right. We're all entitled to determine our comfort levels with such a situation.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Stick, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
The original article for this was published in the Salt Lake Tribune, which isn't available in EU countries for whatever reason, so I linked an MSN mirror alongside it. This is genuine. This isn't an Onion article.

• A Utah landlord evicted an 18-year-old woman after she described suicidal thoughts to her roommates, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.
  • The notice from the landlord begins by suggesting that the woman violated her lease contract, pointing specifically to two parameters: breaching the "quiet enjoyment of the premises" and threatening "endangerment of human life."
  • "We have been made aware that you have vocalized suicidal tendencies which has caused undo [sic] stress and alarm to your roommates"
  • Nate Crippes, an attorney with the Disability Law Center in Utah, says "This just seems particularly egregious. You have a person who is literally and clearly going through something to the point where they're expressing thoughts of suicide. To then turn around and say, 'I'm going to evict you,' it's just a real problem."
  • The apartment complex exclusively houses students at Utah Valley University, but it is not owned or operated by the school. UVU spokesperson Scott Trotter said Thursday that the university sympathizes with the woman, but "we couldn't even do anything if we wanted to."
  • The evicted woman told The Salt Lake Tribune she has contacted the building's management, but has not received a response.

bruh, what the fuck are these dudes smoking?

Imagine genuinely expressing one's struggle with suicidality, but instead of receiving helpful support, you're literally persecuted for thoughtcrime. Dare to speak of your weariness to those close to you and get fucking evicted for 'the breaching of the quiet enjoyment of the premises'. "Sorry, your suffering is just too much of an inconvenience for us to tolerate." Imagine thinking that frivolously and mercilessly kicking a vulnerable person to the curb solely for saying they're suicidal somehow isn't a literal "endangerment of human life." Imagine an administration that values the avoidance of inconvenience more than not condemning an already suicidal person to homelessness. Imagine doing all this, and then having the gall to fucking call the expresser's actions "reckless".

This genuinely incentivizes not saying anything. If you so much dare so much as to speak anything of suicide, you get your home stolen from you. Imagine having to walk a tightrope, being trapped under a tyranny of silence, just to be able to maintain an existence that you're damned miserable in anyway. What the hell did they think such an action would accomplish? Do they think problems get solved by not addressing them, and then by proceeding to make new ones? This is a level of idiocy that's simply so damned stupid, it has to be real.

I've gotten punished for speaking truthfully/honestly about suicide before, but never to such a degree as this. What do you guys think fuels this bullshit?

Donald Trump is the one who is having mental health issues and is affecting the entire nation. He's the one who needs to be evicted. Please vote!

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, FatalSystemError591 and 1 other person
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
Donald Trump is the one who is having mental health issues and is affecting the entire nation. He's the one who needs to be evicted. Please vote!
Can Canadians be allowed to contribute votes please. Trump would annex us if he could anyway.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and ERASED
M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
The human race is a sick joke on the rest of animal species. I'm so ashamed to be called one.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, ImsooDone1N, ERASED and 3 others
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
The human race is a sick joke on the rest of animal species. I'm so ashamed to be called one.
Humanity has tried to destroy both itself and the planet that other animals rely on. A pretty lousy track record, yeah :[

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, ImsooDone1N and ERASED
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What the hell did they think such an action would accomplish? Do they think problems get solved by not addressing them, and then by proceeding to make new ones?

They solved their own problems, not hers. They won't have to deal with cleaning up from a body. The roommates don't have to be traumatized by a suicide. Apartments like this rent the beds to individuals, it's like a dorm, the roommates usually aren't friends that go out and find a place together. I also doubt the roommates have the emotional or other resources to support someone who is considering ending their life. They're students, they have their own stuff to worry about, and it's worrisome to have someone in your environment who is suicidal. It's unpredictable and even scary if one isn't pro-choice or doesn't have the emotional resources to deal and not take it on.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Stick and LMFAO FOCKERS
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
It's almost like they're encouraging her to self isolate. Yknow, the thing that you're supposed to do when someone you care about might be in danger. You leave them alone? Definitely a good way to make her feel loved and cared for.

Who says they care about her?? College roommate assignments are very arbitrary. People almost never know who they are going to get. So if someone has now been forced to share an apartment (and more often a 1 bedroom with multiple twin beds) with someone who is a "burdensome" stranger (for lack of a better word), most would choose to exit the situation.

Also, you're framing a the opportunity for her to have a separate apartment as a negative ("isolation") when its typically a privilege to have a private apartment in university. Many would choose privacy as they dont have to share a kitchen or make arrangements with each other to have a SO spend the night.

Reactions: Stick
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Who says they care about her?? College roommate assignments are very arbitrary. People almost never know who they are going to get. So if someone has now been forced to share an apartment (and more often a 1 bedroom with multiple twin beds) with someone who is a "burdensome" stranger (for lack of a better word), most would choose to exit the situation.

Also, you're framing a the opportunity for her to have a separate apartment as a negative ("isolation") when its typically a privilege to have a private apartment in university. Many would choose privacy as they dont have to share a kitchen or make arrangements with each other to have a SO spend the night.
My bad. I'm stupid and short-sighted, and what you said is fair. No one is obligated to show empathy for anyone else, especially when everyone has their own struggles and lives. I apologize for my emotional reaction to the situation. I just feel bad for the 18 year old being evicted is all.

Hopefully she can find some empathy for her issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ERASED, InterstateFlowers and 3 others
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
They solved their own problems, not hers. They won't have to deal with cleaning up from a body. The roommates don't have to be traumatized by a suicide. Apartments like this rent the beds to individuals, it's like a dorm, the roommates usually aren't friends that go out and find a place together. I also doubt the roommates have the emotional or other resources to support someone who is considering ending their life. They're students, they have their own stuff to worry about, and it's worrisome to have someone in your environment who is suicidal. It's unpredictable and even scary if one isn't pro-choice or doesn't have the emotional resources to deal and not take it on.

At first I felt like the eviction was completely uncalled for, but I think both of you have helped me understand the otherside.
That said, eviction was not the first step they should have taken. Yes, the other roommates are college students that the apartment needs to take care of, but so is she. Is it so unreasonable that they could have gave her to new roommates and told her to share her feelings with people she's closer too rather than strangers?
I think that the roommates are in the right because they need to prioritize themselves and their experience, but the apartment could have taken other measures to help her besides just evicting her.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
the apartment could have taken other measures to help her besides just evicting her.

I'm sincerely curious as to what measures you would suggest they take first. Everything I come up with seems controlling, outside of their contract with her, and outside of the realm of their right to influence. But I acknowledge my view is limited, that's why I'm asking what other actions they could have reasonably taken that would have been in the best interests of the woman, the roommates, and themselves.

Reactions: ERASED
B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020

What they did is make her more suicidal. They worsened her suicidality.

I have been threatened with homelessness when they knew I'm suicidal already. All they do well is prove the best thing is to die. It's doing these things that are so blatantly cruel that's why i call them the monsters who call themselves the human race. I detest those who are so cruel that they keep on proving suicide is the best and only choice.

my prejudice is universal. I don't want to live amongst the monsters who call themselves the human race. There is too much cruelty in this world and that's why my life is full of pain.

I was a drug addict but now I'm just a drug user but the prejudices against my pursuit of drug induced happiness have done much to contribute to half the days in the last 25 years of my life i have felt suicidal.

Happiness is fleeting and often ruined by the monsters who call themselves the human race. Pain i can't bear is the constant in my life. But they bear my pain so easily hence the source of my prejudice against the vast vast majority of the human race.

In England there is an anti stigma campaign called Time to Change and I'm sure they'd attack the stigmatisation of this suicidal individual.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ERASED and goodbyebunny
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Since I noticed I and others are making evaluations of what happened based, at least on my part, only on the text of the OP, I looked up the story. Here is the full text:

An 18-year-old woman is being evicted from student housing in Orem, with the landlord suggesting she broke her contract because she "vocalized suicidal tendencies" to her roommates last month.

The notice was taped on her door sometime Tuesday, where she found it after getting out of bed. Still in her pajamas, she said, she immediately panicked and tried to start packing up her belongings.

"But I was shaking so heavily that I couldn't move anything," she recounted.

The Salt Lake Tribune is not naming the woman at her request for privacy in regards to her mental health. Her identity has been verified, and The Tribune has spoken with a family friend who has also seen the letter from the apartment complex.

Ventana Student Housing, which owns the building, did not respond to a request for comment Thursday. But the letter is signed by the landlord and includes the company's logo, address, phone number and email address at the top.

The woman said Thursday that the notice has made her feel worse, and she's been struggling more in the past few days with managing her symptoms of depression. She's moved in with a friend, though, and is currently receiving support.

"The landlord is telling me not to live here because I was having suicidal thoughts," she said Thursday. "That's not something I can help. And it's just hurtful."

She said she has had depression for the past two years, beginning after her mom died in September 2018. The stress of school and the isolation with COVID-19, she said, compounded things recently. That's when she decided to confide in her three roommates, two of which she'd known before moving in this August.

She wanted to explain to them why she hadn't been leaving her room much and, with one of them being a co-worker, why she'd failed to show up to her job. She'd also recently decided to drop her classes at Utah Valley University. She was feeling low and suicidal and hoped they might be able to help her move forward.

A family friend of the woman said she told her that the roommates brushed her off and said she was being dramatic. She didn't talk to them much after that and stayed inside her room even more.

Article continues below
Related Article
Half of Utah's public colleges see lower enrollment, including major drop at Salt Lake Community College
Then, three weeks later, she found the note on her door.

Her roommates had gone to housing management. The notice from the landlord begins by suggesting that the woman violated her lease contract, pointing specifically to two parameters: breaching the "quiet enjoyment of the premises" and threatening "endangerment of human life."

"We have been made aware that you have vocalized suicidal tendencies which has caused … stress and alarm to your roommates," it added. "At this time, we are choosing to terminate your contract, as explained above. We ask that you take the next few days to move out your belongings and find alternative housing."

It gives her a final eviction date of Oct. 19 — six days after the notice.

"I was completely shocked," the woman said. "I just didn't know what to do."

Nate Crippes, an attorney with the Disability Law Center in Utah, believes that she could take legal action against the landlord, if she wants. He said the eviction appears to violate the federal Fair Housing Act, which protects against discrimination.

That would include someone with a mental illness, Crippes noted.

"This just seems particularly egregious," he added. "You have a person who is literally and clearly going through something to the point where they're expressing thoughts of suicide. To then turn around and say, 'I'm going to evict you,' it's just a real problem."

Crippes said that there's stigma surrounding depression, and people often view an individual struggling as "a danger."

"It's frustrating, and it's sad," he said. "It's just not the case. And I would have hoped to see more compassion."

The apartment complex exclusively houses students at Utah Valley University, but it is not owned or operated by the school. UVU spokesperson Scott Trotter said Thursday that the university sympathizes with the woman, but "we couldn't even do anything if we wanted to."

The woman called a friend, who has helped her, and moved her stuff temporarily to their house. And on Thursday, she began searching for a new apartment.

She said she doesn't want to challenge the landlord, but she fears that this could happen to someone else. "That's the part that upsets me the most," she noted.

She has tried reaching the office but hasn't heard back from anyone there.

I'd like to highlight something in particular:

"The landlord is telling me not to live here because I was having suicidal thoughts," she said Thursday. "That's not something I can help. And it's just hurtful."

This is not what the landlord said. It was for vocalizing suicidal tendencies, not for having thoughts.

I'd also like to note that I previously spoke without enough knowledge of the situation. She knew two of the roommates prior to living with them. She reached out to the roommates and was apparently not supported by them, and subsequently isolated herself.

Still, if the roommates didn't have the emotional resources to deal, and no desire to be empathetic or supportive (which cannot be forced) and they all live there for the purpose of going to school, then I don't think it's unreasonable that they complained to the housing management. The woman reached out for compassion and support from her peers, which is reasonable, and it seriously backfired. Kicking her out may have indeed been a fair housing violation, in which case I'm willing to point a finger at the landlord for injustice.

@Stick, if the landlord was wrong to evict her, then I could see instigating impartial mediation as a good initial step in addressing the problem.

I have compasison for the woman, but I'm not willing to take up pitchforks and torches against the roommates, and not yet willing against the the landlord. I was considering taking them up against the newspaper, but it's unclear who told them about the issue. It's presented as if the woman or her personal supporters either instigated it or agree with it, but there's so much that's not said, it smells to me of manipulation, not being direct and transparent. I wonder, what's the agenda for publshing the story, and who's behind it? There are other outlets that have reported this, I don't know if they've done further investigation or are just reprinting this story.

Last edited:
  • Wow
B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020
I'm sincerely curious as to what measures you would suggest they take first. Everything I come up with seems controlling, outside of their contract with her, and outside of the realm of their right to influence. But I acknowledge my view is limited, that's why I'm asking what other actions they could have reasonably taken that would have been in the best interests of the woman, the roommates, and themselves.
She was suicidal already and eviction would make things worse. If you consider being suicidal is like the worst day of your life just keeps on happening then who is the priority to protect?

Reactions: goodbyebunny
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I'd also like to note that I previously spoke without enough knowledge of the situation.

She knew two of the roommates prior to living with them. She reached out to the roommates and was apparently not supported by them, and subsequently isolated herself.

I didnt research the article either (though I wouldn't change my views.) However I'd like to think that it must've been pretty "bad" if she knew them and they didnt support her. Bad is a subjective word. So I'll define "bad" as impacting their ability to study, have limited stress, and fully enjoy / partake in their college experience. Otherwise complaining to the landlord after 1 suicidal admission would seem unreasonable for a longer term friends. (I'm also assuming the roommates are both "reasonable" people. Otherwise the roommate situation may not have worked out anyway for other reasons.)

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
She was suicidal already and eviction would make things worse. If you consider being suicidal is like the worst day of your life just keeps on happening then who is the priority to protect?

The fair housing law would decide that. I don't know enough about it to determine if it was broken or not.
I didnt research the article either (though I wouldn't change my views.) However I'd like to think that it must've been pretty "bad" if she knew them and they didnt support her. Bad is a subjective word. So I'll define "bad" as impacting their ability to study, have limited stress, and fully enjoy / partake in their college experience. Otherwise complaining to the landlord after 1 suicidal admission would seem unreasonable for a longer term friends. (I'm also assuming the roommates are both "reasonable" people. Otherwise the roommate situation may not have worked out anyway for other reasons.)

Hmm. I smell assumption and bias in this, leading to premature judgement in favor of personal preference within imagined circumstances.

Sam thing happens in scapegoating the assumed "blame" of a sucide.

Last edited:
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Hmm. I smell assumption and bias in this, leading to premature judgement in favor of personal preference within imagined circumstances.

Sam thing happens in scapegoating the assumed "blame" of a sucide.

I think you overhead into many things. This is no different.

I dont judge anyone. I'm just NOT taking on some else's problems. I have enough of my own. Its as simple as that. Many take on OPP i.e. "Other People's Problems" trying to be other people's saviors which is a problem in itself. These actions often leave the person drained of resources (emotional, financial etc.) I choose to help where I can but I'm not bleeding myself dry for anyone. Its my right, and every human's right to set appropriate boundaries. I am not responsible for ANYONE'S suicide just because someone else chooses to do more to help. That just means your boundaries may extend further than mine. Plain and simple.

I'm not looking to go back and forth. My verbiage is not perfect because I'm a mathematical person, not a wordsmith, But I do find that you often have a habit of over analyzing and digging into other's words. You have mentioned that you have trust issues which would make this action quite normal, I suppose. Have at it if you will if that makes you feel good... or you can take my statement for what it is: I allow everyone to set and create boundaries that are appropriate for themselves. Nothing more.

EDIT: I just reread your post and i have no idea what you are talking about so have fun. It seems that you have created a narrative that doesnt exist. Take care...

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
But I do find that you often have a habit of over analyzing and digging into other's words. You have mentioned that you have trust issues which would make this action quite normal, I suppose.

I get the impression you're displeased with who and/or how I am, and I accept that at face value, I'm not offended. I'm responding here from a place of equanimity and not at all emotionally charged.

There's a criticism of me here that I'm willing to evaluate and weigh once I understand it.

What is over analyzing?

Based on what you consider over analyzing to be, how is it a problem for me? How is it a problem for those with whom I interact?

If you'd prefer to respond on my wall, that's cool. I don't do PMs anymore. If you'd prefer not to respond, okay.

Respectfully, I wholeheartedly agree with your stance on boundaries, and you eloquently stated it here. What I noticed in the comment I quoted was going into the situation, making assumptions about events and subsequent motivations, and then agreeing with the assumptions according to what you (and I as well) prefer -- boundaries, not owning someone else's shit. Now in the subsequent comment I quoted, there seems to be evidence that you disprefer my habit or consistent behavior, and make a tentative assumption that it has roots in pathology in order to explain why I do it, rather than only addressing that I do. I personally don't have a problem if someone points out to me that I make assumptions or act from bias, I appreciate it if they do, I usually laugh and say to myself, "Well, shit," and readjust my way of considering an issue, but I recognize not everyone functions as I do and I don't think my way is the best way and should be emulated by all. I spoke to your comment and to you from a stance of intellectual equality, and in a spirit of mutual accountability regarding reason, but that mutual accountability may not exist between us. (While you were off the forum, I posted an acronym called BRAVING that helps in determining trust and accountability in a relationship, it's a framework that happens to align with how I approach relationships. It's there if you'd like to know my actual motivations, as your assumption about my motivation, while seemingly sensible, was, respectfully, inaccurate about me.)

I don't recall ever saying I have "trust issues," but what I distrust and why. It's not a pathology, but a result of no longer blindly trusting and hoping (which was indeed pathological as it was mindless, and significantly and repeatedly damaging). I now possess analytical tools to determine whether it's reasonable to trust or not, and to make determinations based on mindful analysis rather than mindless fear -- I'm functioning from my cerebral cortex, not my amygdala. However my comment you took exception to had nothing to do with trust.

We don't have to engage further in this if you don't want to. I don't have a goal of derailing the thread. If you'd like a last word of disagreement with anything I've said, even if I disagree, I'll allow you to have it. If there is a genuine issue with how I communicate and perceive things, I'm happy to consider it if you are happy to answer the questions I asked.

Last edited:
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
In other words they couldn't even warn her, or give her a chance to change, just straight up and go off in an attempt to get her kicked out. They have the right to not deal with a persons mental issues, thats fine, but one time and immediately all bets are off is just disgusting. I hope she helps her roommates to get their comeuppance, they don't deserve to be happy after what they did.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni and ERASED