• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
This girl got to euthanise at 17 because her suffering was unbearable. She had post traumatic stress syndrome, depression and anxiety. She wrote a biography about her suffering and her life. The article said that she wasn't living anymore, she was surviving and not even doing that. She went to a clinic in the Netherlands to go get information about it. She later died at home on a hospital bed by euthanasia. She died yesterday. Has this happened before?

The Dutch article; https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/noa-is...en-omdat-mijn-lijden-ondraaglijk-is~a7a2cc47/

Reactions: Lary, Mylifeispointless, Smashingairwaves and 21 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I read about Aurelia Brouwer, who was older but I suppose it was similar. I wish I could apply for this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lary, Lifeisatrap, Circles and 4 others
I

iwanttosleepforever

Jun 2, 2019
i wish i was in her place

• Love
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Oblivion Lover, not_a_robot and 4 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Sunset764, Circles and 4 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
I am in the same process here in holland.
I can tell that the waitinglist is long and it is hard. With my last contact they told me it will take 6 months until the team have time for my case. And even than it is not 100% i will get euthanasia, it is always 50% / 50%.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lifetimepunishment, Coolchicka, Mylifeispointless and 17 others
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Well, yet another reason I want to move to NL. Too bad I can't afford it and they probably wouldn't take me because I'm disabled :/

Reactions: Coolchicka, Lifeisatrap, Ruffian and 2 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Well, yet another reason I want to move to NL. Too bad I can't afford it and they probably wouldn't take me because I'm disabled :/

Same, but I know it won't happen for me so I'll just have to make arrangements myself.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, inconsequential, Circles and 2 others
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Why she post traumatic stress syndrome or what led her to doing it?

D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Reactions: Coolchicka, Roberto, Lifeisatrap and 8 others
G

Grumble

Lingering
Aug 25, 2018
Wow, they're willing to do it for a 17-year-old with mental illness.

I am pleasantly surprised. Gives me hope for the (very slow) progress being made in making euthanasia more available to the mentally ill.

Reactions: littlelady774, Darkhaven, Karangel25 and 12 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
This girl got to euthanise at 17 because her suffering was unbearable. She had post traumatic stress syndrome, depression and anxiety. She wrote a biography about her suffering and her life. The article said that she wasn't living anymore, she was surviving and not even doing that. She went to a clinic in the Netherlands to go get information about it. She later died at home on a hospital bed by euthanasia. She died yesterday. Has this happened before?

The Dutch article; https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/noa-is...en-omdat-mijn-lijden-ondraaglijk-is~a7a2cc47/

Seening this does give me hope mine case will be granted. Normally people at her age are rejected because the brain is not fully grown until 25 years old.

So for me being 36 and had years of therapy and having no perspective on other therapy and not willing to go in therapy again, gives me hope it wll go well my procedure.

Reactions: Lary, Lifeisatrap, Dutch and 3 others
thishappened

thishappened

Apr 3, 2019
Is ze nu al uitbehandeld, hoe kan dat?

I'm from NL and I contacted the clinic in the past, but they told me that considering my age (19) + my reason being mental illnesses, ALL possible treatment and medication options have to be exhausted, which can easily take 5+ years.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Dutch, Circles and 2 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018

I'm from NL and I contacted the clinic in the past, but they told me that considering my age (19) + my reason being mental illnesses, ALL possible treatment and medication options have to be exhausted, which can easily take 5+ years.

Yeah it surprised me to same here from the Netherlands.

Normally they wont euthanize people under the 25 because the brain is not fully grown. And indeed you need to have a history with therapy. But you can reject an option of therapy that the clinic offers.

Gladly i do have years of therapy already so for now i am playing the waiting game because of the waitinglist.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles, AnnihilatedAnna and 1 other person
thishappened

thishappened

Apr 3, 2019
Yeah it surprised me to same here from the Netherlands.

Normally they wont euthanize people under the 25 because the brain is not fully grown. And indeed you need to have a history with therapy. But you can reject an option of therapy that the clinic offers.

Gladly i do have years of therapy already so for now i am playing the waiting game because of the waitinglist.

Exactly. I'm really surprised by this and I'll call them again lol.
I've had therapy and medication as well in the past, but they told me that especially considering my age, and my reasons being mental illnesses, I'm not qualified until a psychiatrist can confirm that every possible option of therapy and medication has been exhausted. Considering she's only 17 and there's no terminal illness involved I wonder how she already got permission.

I hope everything will go smoothly for you and hopefully, if you don't mind you can keep us updated about the process.

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Sorry, but I'm kinda curious...for those in NL, do you know if they have ever euthanized an immigrant? I've wanted to move there for several years, have been studying Dutch for a few years, and have several friends there. I had hopes that the mental health system was better but sadly it doesn't seem to be - but at least they are willing to consider euthanasia, which is more than I can say for the US...Just curious about options. If it were possible, that would be really cool to see the Netherlands myself and maybe get a chance to converse with someone in Dutch in person.

Reactions: Kjo, Lifeisatrap, Circles and 1 other person
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Sorry, but I'm kinda curious...for those in NL, do you know if they have ever euthanized an immigrant? I've wanted to move there for several years, have been studying Dutch for a few years, and have several friends there. I had hopes that the mental health system was better but sadly it doesn't seem to be - but at least they are willing to consider euthanasia, which is more than I can say for the US...Just curious about options. If it were possible, that would be really cool to see the Netherlands myself and maybe get a chance to converse with someone in Dutch in person.

From what i know an immigrant can get it also. But you do need a case so need to had therapy first so with your case and years of therapy. So when you have a long term greencard and full citizenship

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles and AnnihilatedAnna
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
From what i know an immigrant can get it also. But you do need a case so need to had therapy first so with your case and years of therapy. So when you have a long term greencard and full citizenship
That's very relieving to hear and I appreciate the Netherland's more progressive and compassionate care. You don't have to answer if this is a bother and my apologies if it is, but do you know if those years of therapy/medication have to be IN the Netherlands, or would the 15yrs I've spent in the mental health system/on meds/in hospitals/seeing therapists/etc still count? I don't know if I'd ever be able to afford getting there, but it's nice to dream I suppose.

Reactions: Mylifeispointless, Lifeisatrap, Circles and 2 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Exactly. I'm really surprised by this and I'll call them again lol.
I've had therapy and medication as well in the past, but they told me that especially considering my age, and my reasons being mental illnesses, I'm not qualified until a psychiatrist can confirm that every possible option of therapy and medication has been exhausted. Considering she's only 17 and there's no terminal illness involved I wonder how she already got permission.

I hope everything will go smoothly for you and hopefully, if you don't mind you can keep us updated about the process.

She probably had enough therapy but not willing to go on. But the age thing is weird but it is not the first time a young person got it.

Thank god i had enough therapy and also no perspective on therapy. Even electro shock is not a option because of ptsd i have. So yeah i got the first 2 on the list down now i need to wait till the team have time.
That's very relieving to hear and I appreciate the Netherland's more progressive and compassionate care. You don't have to answer if this is a bother and my apologies if it is, but do you know if those years of therapy/medication have to be IN the Netherlands, or would the 15yrs I've spent in the mental health system/on meds/in hospitals/seeing therapists/etc still count? I don't know if I'd ever be able to afford getting there, but it's nice to dream I suppose.

Your history is what counts.
But you do need a psychologist or doctor to help you with conducting a check and forward you to the clinic. Because they want to a reference in holland that knows you well.

Last edited:
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Your history is what counts.
But you do need a psychologist or doctor to help you with conducting a check and forward you to the clinic. Because they want to a reference in holland that knows you well.
Cool, thanks for the info :) I might look into that more. At the least, this gives me inspiration to continue learning Dutch, even if I ctb in the US. It will help keep me occupied at the very least and I was struggling with that. Dus heel erg bedankt en een rustige reis, wat je ook beslist :)

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles, AnnihilatedAnna and 2 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Cool, thanks for the info :) I might look into that more. At the least, this gives me inspiration to continue learning Dutch, even if I ctb in the US. It will help keep me occupied at the very least and I was struggling with that. Dus heel erg bedankt en een rustige reis, wat je ook beslist :)

Well your Dutch is very good no problem with that.

Dankjewel en jij ook veel succes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles, Trainstation and 3 others
S

suicideofpeace

Feb 28, 2019
I am learning Dutch now just wish I am a Netherlands citizen

Reactions: Livide Lamb, Mylifeispointless, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
@suicideofpeace Sorry to change the topic, but what's your avatar? I really like the painting

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles and AnnihilatedAnna
S

suicideofpeace

Feb 28, 2019
@suicideofpeace Sorry to change the topic, but what's your avatar? I really like the painting

my painting is that I paint in past.
he is idol and did suicide

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Circles
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019

yes they've allowed several young people to do it due to mental illness, usually if they had abusive histories.
"there is a point beyond which someone has suffered so much that it would only be cruel to expect them to go on living."

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalDream, AtomicNewt, Mylifeispointless and 9 others
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
The I also know Belgium has some of the most liberal euthanasia laws in the world.

It's time the pro-lifers catch up and end the barbaric practices of the past of keeping sick people alive, both physically and psychologically against their will.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SuicidalDream, Mylifeispointless, GinaIsReady and 7 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I am in the same process here in holland.
I can tell that the waitinglist is long and it is hard. With my last contact they told me it will take 6 months until the team have time for my case. And even than it is not 100% i will get euthanasia, it is always 50% / 50%.
Damn. Guess dying ain't as unpopular as it's made out to be.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Lifeisatrap, inconsequential and 2 others
D

ddutch

Done with life
Oct 28, 2018
Damn. Guess dying ain't as unpopular as it's made out to be.

Waiting since the first interview Oktober 2018 but had already applied in August 2018 and now need to wait 6 more months untill the team have time. So yeah its pretty popular

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, seekingoblivion, inconsequential and 1 other person
AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
Waiting since the first interview Oktober 2018 but had already applied in August 2018 and now need to wait 6 more months untill the team have time. So yeah its pretty popular
Kind of insane to think about in some way, don't you think? Waiting on other people to help you die? Not like insane it's happening. It's good it's happening but psychologically I find it hard to grasp sometimes.

Reactions: littlelady774, seekingoblivion and ddutch
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
There are a few cases like that but it's very rare. Most young people who died by assisted suicide were terminally ill. Cancer is a prime-example of such terminal desease.

That's how it could look like in other countries but we still have work to do. I think the right-to-die movement has more rational arguments than the people who oppose it, so logically speaking we should win this war in the long run. I hope we will accept mental illness as a valid reason for assisted suicide someday in the future. I honestly don't know why this isn't recognized already, you don't need to be very smart to realize that mental pain can be as severe as physical pain. But I guess it's some kind of ableism. A lot of people simply just don't think mentally ill people can make sane decisions, which is extremely dehumanizing and degrading. Mentally ill people can make sane decisions and they should have the right to decide over their lives. Not other authorities. But as I've said in the past, the psychiatric system seriously needs to reconsider how we treat suicidal and mentally ill people. It's terrible.

• Love
Reactions: AtomicNewt, Kikoo Loool, Mylifeispointless and 6 others
Dutch

Dutch

Student
Feb 13, 2019

Well we dont know all the fact about her story, and because of medical secret we will never know the real full story about her feelings.
But yes it takes ages before they decide they say yes or no, they first gonna do allot help trajects that u dont want.
In 2016 they did only euthenasy 4 people under 30 for psychical reasons. I was in this traject to but i already feeled it would be a long term traject and end up with a no, so i decided to stop it and follow my own plan that is almost even peacefull without having the stress and without wasting of time before hearing: no we can no help you.

Seening this does give me hope mine case will be granted. Normally people at her age are rejected because the brain is not fully grown until 25 years old.

So for me being 36 and had years of therapy and having no perspective on other therapy and not willing to go in therapy again, gives me hope it wll go well my procedure.
Really hope for you that they gonna help you, but i have no faith at all in this clinic, just because it's a difficult situation for people with psychical problems. The more silly the story is the more likely they gonna help you, but if you dont have a good story but just feel shit as i do because my chronical depression, they will then not help you because the story is not sad enough, but from inside you die even much as someone else with a better story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd, Mylifeispointless, Lifeisatrap and 2 others