• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Dec 18, 2023
For a male, what are some medications to eliminate my sex-drive? How exactly would I go about obtaining them? I don't exactly have a desire for having sex, but I find myself to be sexually attracted to things and so I do engage in masturbation and such if that makes sense. I would like that sexual attraction to be gone, I don't want to elaborate on the reasons why besides it contributes to my suicidality.

H

HangingAlbatross

Apr 21, 2024
Prozac 80mg, seroquel 800mg, and 1500 mg lithium killed my sex drive.

Think it was mainly the Prozac though.

toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
im a girl so idk if itll work for you, but when I was taking sertraline it KILLED my sex drive, and all of my emotions really, I didn't feel strongly about anything at all but especially I just couldnt get aroused and even when I tried, I just wasn't getting wet. like I said, dunno if it'll work for you, but its one of the many reasons I don't take my meds anymore LOL, though I'm getting pressured into asking for an even higher dose so I guess ill go back to that

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
im a girl so idk if itll work for you, but when I was taking sertraline it KILLED my sex drive, and all of my emotions really, I didn't feel strongly about anything at all but especially I just couldnt get aroused and even when I tried, I just wasn't getting wet. like I said, dunno if it'll work for you, but its one of the many reasons I don't take my meds anymore LOL, though I'm getting pressured into asking for an even higher dose so I guess ill go back to that
Got on this thread to say exactly that, Sertraline killed my sex drive. I'm a woman but IIRC the side effects, difficulty getting an erection was one of them so should work on men as well.

I also stopped taking it because of that

• Love
Reactions: toro
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
For a male, what are some medications to eliminate my sex-drive? How exactly would I go about obtaining them? I don't exactly have a desire for having sex, but I find myself to be sexually attracted to things and so I do engage in masturbation and such if that makes sense. I would like that sexual attraction to be gone, I don't want to elaborate on the reasons why besides it contributes to my suicidality.
Anti-androgens, like trans women take, would reduce your sex drive a lot. The commonest one is spironolactone, sometimes also called aldactone, but there are others. You could safely take it for a few months, perhaps up to a year without it having any other effect that damping down your sex drive. However, if you take it for longer than that you will start to develop breasts.
The difficulty is that to reduce male sex drive you have to suppress testosterone (an androgen). Men have both male and female hormones (both testosterone and estrogen), but normally the male hormones prevent the female ones from working. However, if you suppress the male hormones, the estrogen will be able to have an effect, and breasts will start to grow.

Last edited:
$crim

$crim

skincarver
Feb 12, 2023
i can also attest that sertraline works!!
im afab so obviously it might work differently, but it seems to be a massive side effect a lot of people get and im kinda surprised i wasnt alone in that LMAO

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
Anti depressives
This ^^

I remember I had antidepressants. This is so funny but I refused to use it because I lost my sex drive. I felt so weird without it, especially because I have a boyfriend and was worried about how my relationship would fare if I had 0 interest in sex. So yeah... it's a great way to eliminate it lol