S

suicidal.lady

Feb 20, 2020
Hi,

Just curious what everyone's own reasons are to not killing yourself? Like what are your 'protective' factors if that's what they're called idk just curious what your own reasons are xx

Reactions: Pollenallergy, EmpathyMinded, jlwww08271965 and 1 other person
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
i have not ctb for my pets before

• Hugs
Reactions: jlwww08271965, Valky, animism and 2 others
malware

malware

I regret nothing.
Mar 2, 2023
I've chosen not to CTB because of my dog, Charlie. he means a lot to me and I don't want to leave him in the hands of my father since he had abused Charlie before. I live solely for him, he helps me cope even if he's being annoying.

• Hugs
Reactions: EmpathyMinded, whyboth3r, jlwww08271965 and 6 others
Z

Zelonis

Jan 22, 2023
Family and pets. I am currently splitting my time between my dad, and taking care of my maternal grandma. That, and combined with several pets, 6 cats, and a dog, it is no wonder that I have not killed myself. Once my grandparents, and several other family members die, who knows what I will do.

Reactions: no.factory.farms, jlwww08271965 and TamiyaTiger
une vie grotesque

une vie grotesque

chronically suicidal
Mar 6, 2023
i'm deeply afraid of death. i know this sounds silly but in 2018 there was a shift that went from deeply suicidal to a very strong panic disorder. i still want to cease to exist but my new found fear of death forbids me to act upon it.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: cherrysquick, iamalreadydead, no.factory.farms and 7 others
AhmedAlRazek

AhmedAlRazek

Mar 3, 2023
My discord boyfriend would get very upset if i died, he gives me robux to not ctb
he gave me 100k in PLS DONATE yesterday ily him but ama ctb anyways :3

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: M0nolith, jlwww08271965, Chocoholic and 2 others
MoonlitNight

MoonlitNight

bad at putting emotions into words
Feb 14, 2023
i'm deeply afraid of death. i know this sounds silly but in 2018 there was a shift that went from deeply suicidal to a very strong panic disorder. i still want to cease to exist but my new found fear of death forbids me to act upon it.
I have a similar situation here except i have a loving partner, good food and music. as long as i have those i feel like i can cope.
There are days in which none of this works, and all i need is a good cry and just holding on to driftwood not knowing where the river will lead but it helps me through.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jlwww08271965, Chocoholic, š–£´ nadia š–£´ and 2 others
setty

setty

trying to live
Feb 24, 2023
hope that the future will be better

Reactions: FreeMind, gogoprince, lonely_seph and 1 other person
dreamsandstares

dreamsandstares

Feb 18, 2023
i'm scared it will fail, have a permanent injury and therefore end up losing even more independence.
also, taylor swift's music. helps me dissociate/daydream.

Reactions: hhmmmm, no.factory.farms and throwawayyy
T

tootired4life

Mar 7, 2023
my boyfriend alex who loves me so much, my friend asha, the times when things have been good, the hope that i can get top surgery one day, not letting down people who love me, riding my bike, cleaning up the creek, taking care of my younger brothers

• Love
Reactions: hhmmmm, jlwww08271965, Chocoholic and 2 others
damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae

i like the color green.
Feb 24, 2023
Look after my sister. My parents already did a lot of damage to her and she is suicidal at an insanely young age. She told me she would CTB if I died.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: no.factory.farms, Source Energy, zeenatax and 4 others
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Entirely due to family and friends.

Reactions: jlwww08271965 and zeenatax
M

MemberOfTheMatrix

Mar 7, 2023
Knowing that dark times will eventually bring good times and also motivation to become the best person I ever can, take life day by day and live in spite to all of the people trying to bring me down.

• Love
Reactions: jlwww08271965, Ineedtodie and Myers
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
no proper methods available to me, otherwise I'd be already dead

• Hugs
Reactions: Chocoholic and almondmilk
T

TamiyaTiger

Mar 7, 2023
Less and less lately. When I lived with my family I had cats that I loved that helped keep me sane, but the cats died some time ago and I live far away from any family now. Getting a pet isn't really an option now due to limited finances and only being able to afford to rent rooms rather than have my own place.

Mostly what keeps me going is playing whatever videogame I'm currently obsessed with, I don't have anyone I'm close to so being on the computer is all I really do aside from studying and drawing. Studying feels more and more pointless since it seems increasingly unlikely I'll ever do much aside from menial labor jobs regardless of my skillset. And it's not like a new job would even change much about my life.

I think just the finality of making the decision to ctb is what makes it so hard to do, knowing there isn't any way to take it back and there won't be anything afterwards. I always struggle with deciding whether it's better to live a poor life, but at least have something, or die on my own terms and at least get to avoid the embarrassment of seeing myself become a failure.

• Love
Reactions: Ineedtodie, heartbroken12 and shinohara
S

sheeplit

Mar 8, 2023
For a while, I was afraid of my constant suicidal ideation. It has become more prevalent and regular over time.

Eventually, I realized that my own instinct for survival will function even without my own instruction. It is not so much that I expect it to always win over my darker instincts, as much as I expect it to function whether I know it or not, whether I feel it or not. I figured the time between now and whenever it might be that my own instinct for survival fails me should be better spent on things other than worrying about it. I learned to have faith in my own subconscious desire to live. This realization was liberating and gave me the space to just feel whatever pain I was feeling without fear of where it might lead me later on. It has allowed me to be more present with my emotions without piling on it with fears of the future.

In a way, I could say: If I die, I die. But today I am alive, so I needn't worry about it now. Tomorrow, if I'm dead, I'm dead, and couldn't worry about it then.

I still have thoughts about suicide or fantasize about dying some other way every now and again. But I am no longer afraid of it. I don't try to run away from it anymore. All it does to me now is signal to me that I am in pain, and must attend to it. Sometimes, that means allowing myself to indulge in the thought. It might seem counter-intuitive to approach things this way and I don't think I'd just thoughtlessly recommend it to anyone, but it does work for me. The pain, though seemingly more pronounced (or perhaps more focused), is no longer overwhelming.

My thoughts are all I have really, it is the only thing that protects me from my own emotions. Externally, music is the only other constant companion.

I've found that this piece helps me channel and experience my emotions better, whatever my mood. I just close my eyes and surrender to the music.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: paininsidemybrain, imcurious and Myers
pizzafiend

pizzafiend

Feb 4, 2023
It's strange. I scroll through this thread and see everyone's completely valid responses of their family, pets, and partners, but I think of my own life and I have nothing. I don't really have any reason for living or dying. I guess my reason is that it would be too much of a hassle, or at least more work than doing the bare minimum every day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Coldpizza22, uniqueusername39, cyanol and 2 others
dw33ter

dw33ter

meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
I guess the main reason is inertia. It would take effort for me to kill myself that I don't quite have the energy for, or maybe I'm just lazy / procrastinating again.

My religious upbringing has made me incredibly scared of going to hell as well, even though I personally don't believe any more. It's more of an instinctual feeling.

Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
I still get enjoyment out of consuming media.

Reactions: no.factory.farms and animism
wrenwolfe

wrenwolfe

no matter where you go, everyone's connected
Mar 8, 2023
im deeply afraid of dying, i have always been. i want to live for my cats though mostly, i know they would miss me a ton, as well as my family. there's also a lot of things i want to see and experience. plus, i wanna eat yummy food from a ton of different parts of the world. going to korea is my main goal in life i think!

Reactions: Zephronic
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
Hi,

Just curious what everyone's own reasons are to not killing yourself? Like what are your 'protective' factors if that's what they're called idk just curious what your own reasons are xx
I'm obsessed and in love with one person and hope we will start living together

Reactions: EmpathyMinded
juxtajuno

juxtajuno

bpd qweenie <3
Jan 25, 2023
i'm deeply in love with my girlfriend and i know how devastated she would be if i left suddenly. no amount of explanation i could give her would make her feel better about my decision, so i've ultimately decided not to end my life unless something terrible happens. she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. after being abused in all of my past relationships i finally have someone who loves and cares about me to no end. i'm exceptionally grateful to have her in my life. i'm staying alive in the hopes that we get married and have a nice life together someday. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: EmpathyMinded, not_actually_human and SmallestBigDeal
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Because I still have hope :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, SleepingLessons, Dead Meat and 1 other person
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
Hi,

Honestly my anxiety's "what if things could get better" when I know deep down, it can't. Fighting depression and anxiety is hard, I've said this before but I think of depression and anxiety as a couple, but a toxic couple

Reactions: AnonAdult
fallenangel444

fallenangel444

ill be home soon
Apr 2, 2023
i cant leave my mom while she also suffering in this cruel world

Reactions: no.factory.farms and AnonAdult
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
Lack of methods and the thought that I might still some hope, but that thought probably won't last for too long

Reactions: Ineedtodie
holohound

holohound

Apr 13, 2023
Mainly I'm still here for family and friends. Always been haunted by the phrase "suicide doesn't stop the hurt, it just passes it on to someone else". I would never wish the emotional pain and disconnect with life I have on anyone. My problems are my own solely but now as a result my life is no longer mine. All I want to do is go gracefully and peacefully, knowing that they will be okay.

• Hugs
Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´, parader and charlotte_
dingokettle3531

dingokettle3531

Mar 26, 2023
Don't have a reliable method to do so. I appreciate and love my friends, but not only are they young and will recover from the experience of knowing someone who killed themselves, I'll be dead so it doesn't matter if I leave trauma for someone else behind
Don't really have a person, or thing important enough in my life to keep me going on

SmallestBigDeal

SmallestBigDeal

Feb 21, 2023
My pet cat. I can't imagine a world, be it life or afterlife, without him. I wouldn't be able to handle going on with a suicide knowing that he'd be all alone.

Reactions: EmpathyMinded and Source Energy
R

RapierDude

Apr 8, 2023
Hi,

I dont have a crystal ball to see the future and thats why. I might be at my worst today and tomorrow be happy forever u know. More about logics than hope or determination