D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
I recovered. Got on the right meds, got the right help, and now I've got the cliche shit to live for. Friends, family, pets, whatever. I live for the complexity of life, too. There's so much to learn, not enough time to do it, but goddamn it'd be a shame if i didnt try
Hi. If you someday see this message,then please elaborate on "right meds" and "right help".

Reactions: Need Peace
G

Green_leaf

Nov 5, 2022
Not having a 100% fail-proof method is the only reason I do not kill myself.

Reactions: four-trees, sserafim and Lostandlooking
swagattack

swagattack

Sep 12, 2023
My boyfriend, and i really want to ride a motorcycle at least once in my life

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Is0lated

Is0lated

2024/2025 Livestream
May 29, 2023
Hi,

Just curious what everyone's own reasons are to not killing yourself? Like what are your 'protective' factors if that's what they're called idk just curious what your own reasons are Xx
Mostly because I promised someone that I would wait for them. I don't usually do the things I promise I would do but that person was quite special to me. And the other reasons are, my future, My cat, I just can't help but overthink about all of that

P

painpaingoaway

Sep 16, 2023
My family. I absolutely adore my wife and my child was the best thing that ever happened to me. I love both my parents and even my mother in law, who's a second mom to me.

None of these persons deserve to bear the consequences of my own weaknesses. I know that if I KMS I wouldn't be even here to feel sad for them, but they absolutely don't deserve to have their lives destroyed for a selfish act born from my own contempt for myself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: movinout17
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i dont think my dad would be okay in the slightest. even though we're not the closest, he did what he could with what he had and i dont want to hurt him more

Reactions: movinout17, Clasrink and DeadlineDialer
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Cuddling.

Best feeling in the world. Being hugged and pulled closer by someone who loves you.

Would give up so many things just to experience it again🥲

Reactions: Clasrink
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Aww this thread is so wholesome. You all are.

My reason is that I haven't found a reliable way that doesn't scare the shit out of me, and that doesn't hurt. Aka I'm a coward. If I had my hands on a bottle of N, I wouldn't think twice.
I don't give a damn about anyone around me: my parents have always treated me like garbage and I have no friends. Never been in a romantic relationship and probably never will too.

• Love
Reactions: movinout17, LittleBlackCat and sserafim
G

garfield00

Sep 26, 2023
Hi,

Just curious what everyone's own reasons are to not killing yourself? Like what are your 'protective' factors if that's what they're called idk just curious what your own reasons are Xx
I don't want my friends or family to be sad, also I have pets to take care of

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Hi,

Risk and fear of failure. If I fail, I might end up with permanent damage. In that case, it would've been better to never even have attempted in the first place
Not having a 100% fail-proof method is the only reason I do not kill myself.
Same

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I think it's fear of the unknown. I try to think that after death it will be nice, but it's quite difficult.

NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
Hi,

My main reason always leads back to my son. Poor thing burdening him with that weight. The thought of him suffering absolutely kills my soul. He's 15 and the last thing I'd want him to think is that I abandoned him and/or didn't love him enough to stay…so many thoughts go thru my mind. When I feel more at peace, I can remind myself just how much I want to see him graduate, play video games with him still even when he's older, be a grandparent someday if he wants kids, his birthdays, crack jokes and hear his laugh and so much more. I want to see him grow and always want him to be secure he has mom by his side.
I love him so much and strongly feel he's saved my life multiple times.

Last edited:
  • Love
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Aww this thread is so wholesome. You all are.

My reason is that I haven't found a reliable way that doesn't scare the shit out of me, and that doesn't hurt. Aka I'm a coward. If I had my hands on a bottle of N, I wouldn't think twice.
I don't give a damn about anyone around me: my parents have always treated me like garbage and I have no friends. Never been in a romantic relationship and probably never will too.
Same. Why is this literally me lol

• Yay!
Reactions: SmollMushroom
InLoveWithAGhost

InLoveWithAGhost

Jan 20, 2023
I promised I wouldn't

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I hope that one day I will find love, someone who will hold me. The worst is that it is just slighty out of my reach.

• Hugs
Reactions: リンさん
SmokeDetector

SmokeDetector

Sep 19, 2023
There's so much I still want to do and experience and for now, it'll keep me alive. That might change again though. I hope it doesn't, but the way things are going right now I'm scared that it will.
There's so much I still want to do and experience and for now, it'll keep me alive. That might change again though. I hope it doesn't, but the way things are going right now I'm scared that it will.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I've made progress this last year with my health and have unfinished plans to continue treatments and see if I can make it to the next finish line. If I was in the same state of health as I was last year, I'd probably have very little holding me back from eventually completing.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I have a lot of reasons, I used to think I didn't but I never looked hard enough.

My cat, my mom (only family who really cares about me imo), college and the hope of a better future. I plan on beginning mental health treatment soon to better things even more. There's also too much I have yet to experience in my brief time here.

And finally, finding that perfect partner for me and building a life with her, something that I could be entirely proud of.

Reactions: Clasrink and LaVieEnRose
barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
My family, the very small chance I'll be able to live my dream, and my love for nature and adventure

Slowly have been drifitng towards ctb over a few months but I'm staying here for my family who tries to care about me even if I'm not close to them, my hope that I won't end up living a terrible existence and my love for nature and beauty.

Actually thinking about some things I like has made me feel better while writing this.

Maybe I shouldn't think of this stuff all the time :/

Reactions: four-trees and Clasrink
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I honestly finished all the reasons now...there is nothing left anymore.
There is no reason why I should not kill myself,actually it's absolutly the best thing for myself to do...like an act of real love toward myself.
I tried,fuck yes if I tried...more than 10 years now,it's more than enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Clasrink and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Don't want to traumatize my family.

Reactions: Clasrink
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
on the off chance that i get a lucky growth spurt at 19, or some crazy miracle that fixes all my problems i dont wanna miss it. Ill give it a little longer since the way i see it if im gonna ctb anyway i might as well see how some things play out or have fun for a little bit.
also i went 160 in a car and i loved the adrenaline of it, so now i wanna get something faster or something like a h2r maybe itll make me feel alive again

JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
No access to the painless insta-kill methods and wanting to give life a little bit more chances.

day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
It's simply just SI for me at this point really. Wish I had access to Nembutal as I'm sure most people here do as well.

Suppose there's the whole "I have a pet" thing too as I wouldn't want to abandoned my puppy at such a young age.

I'm also just really obsessed with benign work and wish to be able to feel like I "completed" my work before moving on from it though I am very prone to taking on new responsibilities rather often so maybe that in itself is some form of self-preservation.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Hi,

My only reason not to CTB is because I am staying alive for my Sister. Once She has gone I will self-terminate and be free at last.

P

Pizarnikishere

Jul 25, 2023
1) I really enjoy listen to music
2) My best friend

R

[redacted]

Apr 25, 2023
I don't want to die. It's a conflicting feeling because I also don't want to live my life. This makes me feel trapped.

• Hugs
Reactions: four-trees