Abadoned_Me

Abadoned_Me

obsessive loli
Mar 3, 2023
my boyfriend! hes the only reason
i love him more than everything, and if we ever break up im ctb same day same hour
but i stay alive so i can be with him, and so that he'll stay alive
pretty much, if he dies or leaves me, I die

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
Beeko

Beeko

Here for a fun time not a long time
Feb 21, 2023
1) My Husband
2) The chance I can defeat all odds of my chronic illness

I'm basically living on pure spite against my doctors. I want to prove them wrong but it's really rough at times so the main reason would be my Husband cause I don't want him to be devastated due to my own actions.

• Aww..
Reactions: anguila_anguila and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Stripe19

Stripe19

Forgotten Martyr
Feb 28, 2023
A sense of debt owed to people around me
The full awareness what CTB will do to people and the guilt of causing that
Lack of accessible methods
Fear of gravely wounding myself instead and downgrading my life farther in every sense.

Overall, i did this to myself. I am partly honest with people and that makes my methods low, im kind as i can be to people which makes them like/love me, and i call for other people's help so much the guilt and shame of not repaying them is crushing

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ontwon and Lostandlooking
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Because I won't give the one who ruined my life since I was a little girl the satisfaction of my death

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Need Peace, nevermindme, Gloom and 2 others
exsanguinated

exsanguinated

i play duolingo when i'm bored
Mar 1, 2023
honestly it feels like i have a ton of reasons. But when I actually try and write any down i can't.

• Hugs
twitchymouse

twitchymouse

hows the gutter doing?
Feb 19, 2023
my doggie, my cat and my bf!! love them both more than i hate life

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy and Myforevercharlie
N

notofthisworld

Nov 17, 2022
Hi,

Just curious what everyone's own reasons are to not killing yourself? Like what are your 'protective' factors if that's what they're called idk just curious what your own reasons are Xx
The reason I'm not going to go through with it yet is because of my daughter. She is still a minor, to be 18 in another 4 years. It is also because I feel like I need to be "there" for the more tender years of her youth. She knows I'm depressed, but the relief I have is also knowing she is not, and she has told me so. The girl is tough as nails, and I believe she'll be just fine when I leave. I unfortunately have fallen out of love with existence. It is partly my fault for not learning to embrace existence, but I also believe that society shares some of that fault too.

• Hugs
C

cherry7

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Mostly the fear of dying and this incessant voice inside me that keeps propelling me to just try one more therapy and maybe it'll help.

• Hugs
P

purpletotebag

Jan 23, 2023
Hi,

Just curious what everyone's own reasons are to not killing yourself? Like what are your 'protective' factors if that's what they're called idk just curious what your own reasons are Xx
Lack of energy and fear. I feel like it's more building up the courage to kill yourself rather than the other way around. Even if you want to die it takes more effort to commit suicide than to just continue to exist. Theres nothing holding me back, I just haven't reached that tipping point yet.

Reactions: sserafim and Lostandlooking
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
1. Parents
2. Fear

It's all just been one deep depression with slight fluctuations here and there for quite a long time but I really am wishing lately that I could get better. I just don't know where to resume my recovery at considering my treatment history.

• Hugs
TimeHasCome6

TimeHasCome6

Feb 26, 2023
Hi,

Well, my twin sister has BPD and is still within the long process of recovery. I remind myself that when she treats me wrongly it is not completely her fault and by leaving this world I would only worsen things. I sign myself up for things. I'm in a musical right now and I make myself honor my commitments to the people within the activities I sign up for. This last one is probably unhealthy, but I find one person to obsess over. Weather as a really good friend, sibling or a partner. That keeps me a lot more grounded and gives me something to hope for. (Sorry if this got long…)

• Hugs
ermurazor

ermurazor

Witch Queen
Mar 5, 2023
My mum
My dog
My friends
Oh and all the good food in this world

Reactions: reya
ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
Fear of failing and becoming a vegetable and hope that I can live a decent life

Reactions: sserafim and Source Energy
je.suis.prêt

je.suis.prêt

Hjälp mig
Jul 9, 2022
I am in a state where I am feeling better, but certain things do throw me off and send my mind back to ending my life.

• Hugs
S

subhumantrash

It's about time for the liar to play the victim
Jan 19, 2023
my best friend
we promised each other
i can't leave him alone

• Hugs
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
My gf. I can't do it to her. I'm all she has, besides a few friends

• Aww..
Reactions: Source Energy and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Amakishiyo

Amakishiyo

Despite everything, it's still you
Mar 5, 2023
Lack of prepared methods
A little bit of care for a few people in my life
And lastly a glimmer of hope that things might not just turn out for the better all of the sudden

• Hugs
anguila_anguila

anguila_anguila

Feb 27, 2023
Copycat suicides - I won't go into details, but it is quite likely if I were to CTB, then other people I know would also do it after me.
Family - it would devastate them, particularly my mum.

It used to also be the fear of a possible afterlife - especially thanks to films such as Beetlejuice (where people who killed themselves became eternal social workers for the dead).

• Hugs
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I'm trying to recover for my partner's sake. They asked me not to die. And told me they were scared. So I'm doing my best to live for them. I want to keep sharing happy moments with them, too.

• Hugs
joeanonymous

joeanonymous

Mar 1, 2023
i often find that people choose to not end their lives because of how it will affect others. i don't personally agree with that, but maybe someone here needed to think about that.
my personal reasons for staying alive are as follows:
1. i would miss my dog
2. i would miss my closest friends
3. the fear of being forgotten
4. i haven't done everything
5. i have it made, i'd feel guilty taking my life
6. maybe there really is another solution
7. i'm finally starting to get comfortable with my therapist
8. i've been able to find hobbies and interests and not give up on them within a week
9. i need to read all the books that i bought
10. i think i'm scared to die
there's more, but they're mostly small personal things. setting goals for myself seems to help, especially since i struggle with seeing any future for myself where i'm not dead.
thanks for making this thread just venting here has made my day a lot better :)

Reactions: Source Energy
ChubbyBunny

ChubbyBunny

Mar 4, 2023
Hi,

At first, it was just my wiener dog. I love him so much and I don't want him to cry about me. Now I have friends that feel real and I feel at peace because of them

• Hugs
PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

Mar 20, 2022
mainly anxiety towards death, to picture myself dead makes me feel relief sometimes but to picture myself dying makes me very anxious.
I also have some friends and my brother is only 18

• Hugs
voidbread

voidbread

sleepyhead
Mar 3, 2023
fear of what happens afterwards and traumatizing my parents and friends

• Hugs
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
i often find that people choose to not end their lives because of how it will affect others. i don't personally agree with that, but maybe someone here needed to think about that.
my personal reasons for staying alive are as follows:
1. i would miss my dog
2. i would miss my closest friends
3. the fear of being forgotten
4. i haven't done everything
5. i have it made, i'd feel guilty taking my life
6. maybe there really is another solution
7. i'm finally starting to get comfortable with my therapist
8. i've been able to find hobbies and interests and not give up on them within a week
9. i need to read all the books that i bought
10. i think i'm scared to die
there's more, but they're mostly small personal things. setting goals for myself seems to help, especially since i struggle with seeing any future for myself where i'm not dead.
thanks for making this thread just venting here has made my day a lot better :)
omg the books, I feel you! that gets to me too. The one thing I found comfort it.

imcurious

imcurious

May 6, 2022
1. SI, but that's obvious

2. Parents and family. I feel that my parents won't handle it well. My mom tends to grieve poorly and chaotically when a death occurs in the family. I would miss my little brother.

3. Age. I'm 20, so I guess I am hoping that my life will magically get better as I grow older. Maybe I will find a dream career, or a soulmate, or a new friend. Such potential undeniably keeps me going.

• Hugs
Gloom

Gloom

Autistic Dumbass
Sep 20, 2020
I still have hope that I can be helpful and better people lives. as cliché as it is I want to help the homeless and just generally want everyone to live comfortably without worry. it is fucking evil to let people to live in such shit conditions when they easily could not. though to be in a position to make permanent change like that is hard. what's stopping from doing that is my social anxiety and that's mainly why I want to ctb, I feel paralyzed and I need to break out of it while everyone gives me shit for being 'weird'

also don't want family and past friends to lie about me saying shit like they "miss me"

• Hugs
Tefnu

Tefnu

Optimistic believer in recovery
Feb 20, 2023
I recovered. Got on the right meds, got the right help, and now I've got the cliche shit to live for. Friends, family, pets, whatever. I live for the complexity of life, too. There's so much to learn, not enough time to do it, but goddamn it'd be a shame if i didnt try

Reactions: Clasrink and anguila_anguila
semicide

semicide

Mar 5, 2023
Smoking some dope. Cause I would definitely miss that shit.

homebound

homebound

fallen angel
Jan 19, 2020
For a while there was nothing holding me back. I had attempted a few times (mostly impulsive), and my SN was taken away from me by the hospital. I didn't know where to get more (the seller I bought it from no longer sold it). My brother's best friend had committed suicide a few months back and it destroyed him. And then I would think about how I traumatized my family with the way they'd find me and have to get me to the hospital. I guess that stopped me for a while. For now I am feeling much better, so I only really have the urge if I forget to take my medications.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pizarnikishere and Lostandlooking