S

suicidal.lady

Feb 20, 2020
Hi,

Just curious what everyone's own reasons are to not killing yourself? Like what are your 'protective' factors if that's what they're called idk just curious what your own reasons are Xx

• Love
Reactions: snowcloud9, gonnaregretthis, NocturnILL and 4 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
good question, maybe could get some relevant feedback in the recovery section <3

Reactions: GasMonkey, TapeMachine and suicidal.lady
stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
1) cat
2) feet massage
3) missing firearm

• Yay!
Reactions: gonnaregretthis and looking_for_peace
A

anonaon

Student
Feb 26, 2023
I want to see how I'll look with a beard

• Yay!
Reactions: Paranorm, PandaBe, Forever Sleep and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
will i was born with a gift i started taking my toys to bits aged 5 to learn how electronics work at 16 i got into computer programming
i love to program but due to a injury no longer can anyway i went on to create a lot of software and had 100,000 downloads on it and made 10k profit i wouldent kill my self if i had my health but i can't keep living like this

Attachments

• 28828662_194383798005053_1162758829861904324_o_194383798005053.jpg
    28828662_194383798005053_1162758829861904324_o_194383798005053.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: Iamtired, comfortable.at.nigh and looseye
9thFloorAngel

9thFloorAngel

Just Gotta Let Go...
Mar 2, 2023
First and foremost is survival instinct. That fear that creeps in. That's what saved me the first time I attempted. If I had held on another few minutes, I would have been out and couldn't have called for help. Sad part was, when I woke up, I immediately regretted calling for help.

Second is the people in my life whom I love and who love me. I don't want to hurt them, to put that level of grief into their lives. I think deep down they would understand, and be content that I was at peace, but it wouldn't be any less painful for them.

Reactions: vampire2002, selena2234, suicidal.lady and 2 others
anagore

anagore

Ana ,.+*¨*+.,
Feb 23, 2023
My cat, probably. I can't stop thinking about her frantically searching for me and wondering why i never came back home, and that has held me back for quite a while

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Mafaalu, selena2234, Lostandlooking and 4 others
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
False hope, treatment options that havent been done yet, a desire to be more free before death instead of just using death to free me, things left undone, having pets that need me, having people who need me. The longer I wait the more it becomes clear, so.

• Hugs
Reactions: selena2234, Lostandlooking, ranaway and 1 other person
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
My sister. She's had a some issues with mental health too and I don't want to further traumatize her. It's been going well for her for the first time in a long while and I want her to succeed in life even though I coudn't.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: brainstuckhellp, selena2234, Ontwon and 2 others
C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
My partner. He would have to find me... it would traumatize him...

• Hugs
Reactions: selena2234 and Lostandlooking
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Honestly, I'm not really sure to be honest.

• Hugs
Reactions: PandaBe, Clasrink, BPDruinedMYlife and 1 other person
catastrophix

catastrophix

and my nightmares will have nightmares every night
Feb 20, 2023
The guilt of leaving behind pets and family, and the fact that there's a lot of preparation I need to do before CTB. I don't really think I live for anything that makes me happy.

Reactions: selena2234
Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
-I don't have anyone to take care of my cats when I'm gone.
-I want to publish a "real" book, not just a children's book or teenage fantasy with an easy mode word count.
-I can't quit hoping for a good relationship and figure that can't happen once I'm gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
Depresso

Depresso

Feb 9, 2023
I haven't fully worked out my views of the afterlife yet and everytime I get to planning that survival instinct kicks in for me to not do it.

Reactions: Pizarnikishere, weex and 9thFloorAngel
B

burningbin

Mar 3, 2023
My partner. He would have to find me... it would traumatize him...
i hope he is helping you through it.
will i was born with a gift i started taking my toys to bits aged 5 to learn how electronics work at 16 i got into computer programming
i love to program but due to a injury no longer can anyway i went on to create a lot of software and had 100,000 downloads on it and made 10k profit i wouldent kill my self if i had my health but i can't keep living like this
you seem like you have som crazy talent, and you have used it in the past, even if you cant anymore, you can still most likely find a way. good luck to you <3

Bocket

Bocket

Mar 3, 2023
Mostly out of personal obligations towards other people in my life. Plus one of my parent's siblings offed themselves, and even if it was over 20 years ago, they still haven't been able to move on from it. They still express some form of guilt for not knowing why or what they could've done to prevent it, and I know for a fact that my own death would be far too much for them to handle without some kind of mental breakdown. I also don't want to traumatize my little sister, not just because she's family but she's probably the kindest and sweetest kid I've ever met.

• Hugs
mistake22

mistake22

Feb 28, 2023
I guess survival instinct

• Hugs
gum

gum

Forgotten
Feb 13, 2023
Quite frankly, all people have at least some kind of programming in their brain to want them to stay alive- regardless of how suicidal you might be. Your body and mind are naturally averted to the idea of killing yourself. Outside of that though, for me personally, the fear of something going wrong; whether it be the method itself or an outside force resulting in me possibly being severely injured and losing my freedom (and possibly my chance to ever attempt again) or be put in a institution keep me going.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep and Mjay
suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023
-my mom, and dad. (Very close to both. I share a birthday with my dad, I don't know how he would feel on his birthday if I was gone and unable to celebrate with him.)
-cats
-my few close friend
-SI
-Fear of failing to ctb

• Hugs
honeyed_achelois

honeyed_achelois

they/them
Feb 3, 2023
my cat and traumatizing my family. my brother attempted a couple years ago and i still remember that day vividly. i cant imagine how they'd feel if they found me.

• Hugs
C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
hope he is helping you through it.

He is great and supportive but I honestly wish we could just be done so I can die in peace...

Without him in my life, no one would even know or care that I was dead.

I failed in November and am planning to try again but I have to wait for the opportunity

• Hugs
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
Mostly the cats, and my sister. They're technically my sisters cats & they live with her, but I lived with them for the first 6 years of their lives and I have been present in their lives most weekends since I moved out. They're turning 12 and 13 this year. I can't imagine life without them or losing them.. I've already warned my family when that happens I will spiral out of control. As much as I don't want to leave them, I know they're happy and safe with my sister so I hope I leave this world before they do to save myself from experiencing the pain of losing them.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I would need permission from my favorite person in order to die since I handed ownership of my life over to him when I promised that I wouldn't catch the bus. I regret making that promise, but I was afraid that he'd leave me if I didn't. Regardless, I don't want him to feel any pain. I cause him enough pain in life, and I don't want to hurt him in death.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy and LoiteringClouds
mrkillmyself

mrkillmyself

if only it were that easy
Feb 25, 2023
a lot of people do recover so i want to be here when this happens to me

Reactions: Clasrink, Mad World, cogmachine and 2 others
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
the fact i have the opportunity to do something with my life now!

• Hugs
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Just to troll life a bit, do whatever I want without worry, and die in the process.

P

playcesifrequent

Jan 24, 2023
I don't want to die alone. I know this is like super selfish but if I had someone with me there to hold my hand while I was dying, I would've already done it and been out of here. I just get really scared and freaked out about it sometimes, but I know I HAVE to do it. I don't want to get into the specifics but my currect situation,,,there is really no other option unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Unsure and Useless and Mr. Incapable
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
My partner, my friend, and failure

My partner, despite how I always inconvenience them and manage to annoy them, still loves me, and it seems like a huge disservice to CTB when they still hold these feelings. I don't want to hurt them with my passing because I at least love them that much, even if I struggle to show it. Similar concept applies to my friend, though in a platonic sense.

I also am afraid of failing my attempt, whether it be due to SI or my sheer incompetence, and being ostracized because of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and berniata
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Family, girlfriend

• Hugs
weex

weex

Feb 17, 2023