• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've just been reading the post by @KuriGohan&Kamehameha about the Dad challenging his daughter's MAID acceptance in court:

I was just wondering whether people think their own parents or family would also do this- take the matter to court to overule an assisted suicide acceptance.

I wouldn't be eligible for VAD. If I was though and I told my parents, I think they'd be heart broken but- I don't actually think they'd try to stop me. Would yours do you think? Would they take it this far?

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I think my dad would try to stop me because he views children as an investment and wants me to continue the family line and provide for my parents in old age, but I don't think that my mom would. I've already told her that I want to die and she says "why haven't you done it yet? I'll give you money for Pegasos/Dignitas"

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
My parents definitely would do this but they wouldn't start by taking the matter to court initially. I think that, at first, they would bully me for being suicidal and that they would guilt trip me to the best of their ability. Of course they'd also tell everybody they know about it as that's just what asian parents are like. Once that's done, they would treat me like a prisoner at home. They probably wouldn't trust me around any objects, especially knives and they probably wouldn't trust me to go outside either. I'd be surprised if they let me go outside without any supervision.

Oh, also, they would most likely try and get me involuntarily hospitalised as well as spew bullshit toxic positive as well as religious sayings on me everyday in order to try and fix me from my thoughts which they will deem to be irrational. Basically, my parents are already overprotective as hell and so they'd just be even more overprotective to where what little autonomy I already have would be eradicated

If all that fails, they would probably then take the matter to court but they would try to mentally break me down further first in the notion that would make me appreciate life again (even though I never did to begin with but of course they don't know that)

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
I think my dad would try to stop me because he views children as an investment and wants me to continue the family line and provide for my parents in old age, but I don't think that my mom would. I've already told her that I want to die and she says "why haven't you done it yet? I'll give you money for Pegasos/Dignitas"
I know she's mocking you but if she's even 1% serious, I'll take the money and get out of the toxic environment

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I'm not someone who's eligible for VAD either, but if I were, I'm certain that they wouldn't let me apply in the first place.
Same here. All I really got is autism and social anxiety and I believe that the former should be significant enough as it is to be eligible for VAD and, whilst it is in some cases (such as the one OP showed), I know that it wouldn't be enough in my case because I appear "high functioning" enough and most of my issues are invisible to the public eye unless if they bothered to look deeper into it which they wouldn't. They would probably just attribute my issues to laziness

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I know she's mocking you but if she's even 1% serious, I'll take the money and get out of the toxic environment
I don't have anywhere to go lol. Living at home gives me safety and security. I would hate to have to fend for myself. My mom is not all that bad; she's trying to help me, but I think she's getting frustrated and annoyed at me. She's much better and nicer than my dad
Same here. All I really got is autism and social anxiety and I believe that the former should be significant enough as it is to be eligible for VAD and, whilst it is in some cases (such as the one OP showed), I know that it wouldn't be enough in my case because I appear "high functioning" enough and most of my issues are invisible to the public eye unless if they bothered to look deeper into it which they wouldn't. They would probably just attribute my issues to laziness
Same. I have ADHD, Asperger's aka autism level 1, and social anxiety. I was "high functioning" until I failed to launch into adulthood, but the thing is that I also don't want to. Unfortunately, my conditions probably won't qualify for MAiD or VAD

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I gave my best friend the right to turn off the machines. I tried to write some official documents to emphasize my will. But this was before I found SN as my method. Still there is this off-chance to get permanent damage.

I also told my friend I am somewhat scared my dad could sue him. I once talked with my dad about such a situation and he told me to turn off his machines in case he was in such a situation. Still I have the feeling my dad could sue my best friend in this scenario. I cannot imagine my mom doing the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Same. I have ADHD, Asperger's aka autism level 1, and social anxiety. I was "high functioning" until I failed to launch into adulthood, but the thing is that I also don't want to. Unfortunately, my conditions probably wouldn't qualify for MAiD or VAD
I'm starting to wonder how the 27 year old autistic woman managed to be successful with MAID to begin with. I wonder what the extent of her autism and ADHD is (it doesn't seem to mention it anywhere in the article of the first post here). Of course her dad said that her autism isn't severe enough but I wouldn't really trust somebody who wants to keep their adult child alive at all costs so it could be a bluff or simply just them being blinded by emotions