Would writing a biography help you or others understand you better?

• Yes

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 57.7%

• Total voters
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
No one gave a shit when I was still alive. Why would they care after I am dead?

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D and Skathon
Bayer

Bayer

brasileiro fodido
Nov 25, 2021
I don't care what happens next, it's no longer my problem.

Reactions: D&D
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I thought about doing it before, but I didn't know what to write. My life is fucking empty, nothing worth leaving behind.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheEndTimes
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That's kind of what my suicide note already is, though it's more about how I feel at present in relation to certain past events rather than detailing the events themselves.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I think I've said enough that people could piece it together if they really wanted to. I just don't have the energy left or clarity of thought

Reactions: Crazy4u
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Nah. Too much effort for me to be called a pussy beyond the grave, to be honest. If the people in my life barely understand me now, I'm not sure if a post mortem autobiography would make a difference.

Reactions: 710 and Crazy4u
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
No. I wouldn't know what to write. I cannot express my feelings and I'm not good at writing. I learned to hide my feelings and keep everything to myself.

nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
I've thought about it but honestly I'm not sure who would read it or care.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I think it would be a nice thing to do for yourself, just to spend some time looking back at your life while you're still here and sort of summing up everything. I think this kind of introspection might give you ideas about what is the "unfinished business" you still have to take care of. Might not be so good for other people who hate reminiscing, though.
As for people reading it once I'm dead...well, there's no way to really tell whether anyone would read it or not and it wouldn't matter to us at that point anyway, so I wouldn't focus on getting anyone else to understand me too much. Maybe just do something like that as an excercise in understanding myself better.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
I've thought about it but honestly I'm not sure who would read it or care.
You never know who in the future will read what you said and find inspiration.
That's kind of what my suicide note already is, though it's more about how I feel at present in relation to certain past events rather than detailing the events themselves.
That's kind of the same with my Suicide Note too. Family and some good friends know me well enough to piece it together along with the suicide note and I don't really think random strangers would care about me at all nor do I care that much if they care.
I thought about doing it before, but I didn't know what to write. My life is fucking empty, nothing worth leaving behind.
Everyone has value. Everyone's experiences could be helpful to someone going through similar problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
No. It's not like anyone would understand anyways. It would just come off very narcissistic.

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
No. It's not like anyone would understand anyways. It would just come off very narcissistic.
Thats how I feel as well.
You never know who in the future will read what you said and find inspiration.
But this is true as well. Theres a website, idk if its still around or what it was but it was just a collection of suicide notes, some were celebrities, some weren't. I was on a forum a long time ago and they were going through them, talking about them.

readyforsleep

readyforsleep

Feb 2, 2021
I've thought about this, but honestly I would rather just be forgotten.