Would writing a biography help you or others understand you better?

• Yes

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 57.7%

• Total voters
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
Do you think people would even read it? I was thinking of writing like a short biography just skimming through some important events. I don't think I'd even show anyone while I'm still alive but it would give me something to do and help me not forget as my memory is getting worse. Then in my will, I could give it to someone close and they could release it but what I would likely do is just keep it secret for personal reasons.

I just think having something like that would help me work through things, a friend of my friend wrote a book like that and it greatly helped him. He ended up publishing it too but he had a lot more things going on for him. I still think it might be helpful. Anyways, what do you all think?

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D, Lupgevif, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 5 others
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
i'm not worth understanding

• Hugs
Reactions: clown_17, 710, som1 and 4 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
No. I talk to my husband about my past. Nobody else matters.

LonelyBrazilian

LonelyBrazilian

Just a boring guy.
Oct 21, 2021
no, i have no life experience and i have nothing to say, i am empty.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, Skathon, odradek and 1 other person
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I'm too lazy. I also don't think anyone would read it.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, Crazy4u, Skathon and 1 other person
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Yes. People can use my books as fuel for fires so they can stay warm during the winter, don't care much for them reading it. I'll make sure the books are cheap as hell. I'll be working miracles from the afterlife.

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
So I must leave a blank page. What for?

Reactions: Crazy4u and Skathon
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There would be nothing to talk about, other than how much I have hated this life. I have not lived, I have just existed. I feel like no matter what I wrote those left behind would never be able to fully understand. I think a note would be better, to give those left behind some closure and will mean they are not left with unanswered questions.

Reactions: Skathon, demuic and Depressed_Kettle
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Would only really need like 3 paragraphs to explain anything worthwhile about my life.

Reactions: 710 and looseye
TiredHuman

TiredHuman

I can't save myself
Nov 15, 2021
I would write about how I felt. How I tried as many things as possible to keep me alive, none of them working. How I got to the point of not considering anything worth living for. In a way, I want to make everyone who made me suffer feel guilty, it's wrong but I don't care at this point, let them suffer a tiny bit of what I'm feeling right now thanks to their actions. And I want to thank the few people who tried to help me. I would never know if anyone ever read it or not, but it doesn't matter after leaving anyway, does it?

Reactions: looseye and Depressed_Kettle
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Do you think people would even read it? I was thinking of writing like a short biography just skimming through some important events. I don't think I'd even show anyone while I'm still alive but it would give me something to do and help me not forget as my memory is getting worse. Then in my will, I could give it to someone close and they could release it but what I would likely do is just keep it secret for personal reasons.

I just think having something like that would help me work through things, a friend of my friend wrote a book like that and it greatly helped him. He ended up publishing it too but he had a lot more things going on for him. I still think it might be helpful. Anyways, what do you all think?
I have but it hasn't "covered" everything. I'm sure there's a long record somewhere.

That I'm a study, I'm a statistic, I'm this, or that I'm that.

People are weird.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
No one has tried to understand me while I'm alive, me being dead won't change that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, Labean, Shadowplay and 3 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
No one has tried to understand me while I'm alive, me being dead won't change that.
No one tried to understand you, or no one validated you? Or they ignored you and continued on their parade?

N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
I'm actually doing this funny enough. I think I just wanna leave something behind. If no one reads it c'est la vie.

Reactions: Depressed_Kettle
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
If you think it would help you I'd say do it. It can't hurt to try.

As for myself I would not. I don't think anyone in my life would be able to understand why I feel the way I do. Telling my story won't change that. It would be a waste of time to write and read. I'll save everyone the trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, demuic and Depressed_Kettle
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
No.

Reactions: TheHatedOne and Skathon
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
If they had bothered trying to understand me instead of being in their own little world of rationalising abuse, I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. There's not much to say to them at this point.

• Hugs
Reactions: I should go, deflationary, Labean and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
No. There is not much for me to write about beside the reasons for wanting to die. I do not live an exciting life.

Reactions: Skathon and Shadowplay
B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
I would fear being judged. To try and be sympathetic would require a lot of dishonesty.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
My autobiography, entitled Waste

I was born. I suffered from mental och physical torture every day of my life. I died.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Depressed_Kettle, Labean and Skathon
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
I would love to do a video where I say 'I'm going to read a prepared statement.' and then just read the phonebook, newspaper classifieds or something equally banal. lol

• Yay!
Reactions: 710, deflationary, Depressed_Kettle and 1 other person
R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
Being understood by the wrong people just gives them weapons to use against you.

• Informative
Reactions: Girl-shaped Wound, fatefulstillness, 710 and 1 other person
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
Being understood by the wrong people just gives them weapons to use against you.
I never thought of it that way, that's a very good point.

I'd probably only publish such a book right before I died or put it in my will to be published after.

ghost_

ghost_

Boo!
Nov 10, 2021
I think I will now. it sounds like a good idea the more I think about it

Fk_life

Fk_life

I hate reality.
Nov 16, 2021
Why would anyone, other than my mother, be interested to read my boring-ass life?

Reactions: Skathon and Shadowplay
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
I write down some of my venting on a microsoft word in an unprofessional/unorganized manner, does that count?

TheEndTimes

TheEndTimes

A gay 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨
Aug 23, 2021
My life has had a cinematic quality. I've had amazing adventures and wonderful serendipity along with a commensurate amount of pain and suffering. I'm a storyteller, so when I spin my tales, people say things like, "you should write a book" or "I can't wait to read your memoirs."

I destroyed my three decades worth of journals and doubt I'll even leave a note when I ctb. I've been off social media since the beginning of the pandemic. I'm going through my digital files so I will only leave behind what is absolutely necessary to administer my estate. My declaration of last wishes specifies that I want no services, markers, plaques, obituaries, death notices, announcements or memorials of any kind. I don't want to be remembered.

• Aww..
Reactions: Girl-shaped Wound, I should go, 710 and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Basically what I've done on here. Sticking with a short note to reduce guilt/responsibility/results of toxic optimism bias from family members.

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
No one has bothered to listen to me before so what would change after I die? It would be just a waste of time.

Reactions: Skathon