Would you still want to kill yourself if you won 5 million tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 122 57.8%
  • no

Votes: 89 42.2%

• Total voters
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
I would buy stuff I wanted and maybe would do some things, but probably after 1-2 months I'll be back to suicidal condition.

ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
I'd buy N, book a room in NYC for two or three years, and order every hooker on the Internet, then rope.

Reactions: jameslb72
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I feel like five million dollars isn't enough to be set for life especially not where I live but I could at least live comfortably for a few more years though even if I did have enough money to really be set for life (like 500 million instead of 5) I would still be very lonely and I would potentially have to worry about people only being interested in me for my money so yeah, I'd probably still kill myself, just later than I'd think and in relatively more luxury.

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
That would give me a chance to fix everything. And I like to help people and money give that opportunity.

Reactions: lotus11 and Worthless_nobody
D

Dude1983

Jan 8, 2020
I would pay some kind of Cuban surgeon to rip my intestines off to see if my pain is solved that way

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: fluffysuicidalbear and Toobrokentofix
ritsulover

ritsulover

Apr 5, 2020
Yeah. Money isn't my issue. I guess it'd delay it a bit but not much, I'd just blow it asap

fluffysuicidalbear

fluffysuicidalbear

Waiting for the bus to arrive.
Aug 1, 2020
Yeah I still would, it would definitely make CTBing a lot easier though. Honestly it would probably make me more lonely with people coming out of nowhere that just want you for your money.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Yes. Money may help some of my problems, but it doesn't solve everything.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and fluffysuicidalbear
InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
Yes. Money is not the solution for my problems.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Short answer : NO I would 100% stay alive until my mom and partner passed. Money would mostly solve my current problems enough to lead a good life for a few years. I would buy a home on acres of land and pay to have groceries delivered.

However....in the end after the only 2 people in my life are dead no money would matter because deep down I'll probably always be miserable and trauma ruined me and I feel physically bad.

Also with money I could actually afford mental and physical treatments and have access to help.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Yes, I would still kill myself. Money wouldn't solve my issues. In fact I might use it to help me die faster.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
F

FadingAway

Jun 22, 2020
5 million would be a game changer for me. I'd definitely stick around and see how my life improves

Reactions: Tiredsotired, I screwed up, puppy9 and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I wouldn't because that would mean I could stop working for a while and get some stuff I've been wanting and finally buy N

amnotreal

amnotreal

Student
Oct 20, 2019
that would solve a lot of my problems. i would build a small house on my property where i live now it would have bedrooms for my kids. it would be mine. the spouse could stay in this dump and not drive me crazy anymore and i could afford a good doctor and good pain managment and help with my physical health. it wouldn't cure me of physical health probs or ptsd but it would make them more tolorable and managable. i love my spouse and could see him often but not live with him and all his drama and manipulative sexual crap.

• Love
Reactions: I screwed up and KleinerWolf
BRAINWORMS

BRAINWORMS

dust to dust
Jul 20, 2020
I'd just travel a lot and do lots of drugs before finally CTB. Maybe only use half and leave the rest for family or mental health charities.

Reactions: I screwed up
softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
I used to think money would solve everything for me but at the end of the day it just won't fix my mental health. I'd definitely be willing to use it to try a more treatment, things i havent already tried, and not have to exhaust myself and run in place doing things that cause stress to be able to afford and access treatment to... try to undo the stress i just worked up... with a ton of money i could just not worry about bills and working and just focus on getting treatment while living comfortably. But if it follows the trend everything has so far, where every treatment and every attempt at lifestyle change and hard work and self improvement fails and i just keep being so badly depressed and suffering no matter what, well then all the money and resources in the world is useless. So yeah it comes down to whether or not it's even possible for me to recover, with money (which translates to more time and less stress if its enough to eliminate work, debt, etc) being something that could enable me to at least try to find out? Like in ideal circumstances. As it is now, eh, can't even afford to keep trying, dont have the energy to make money OR keep trying, to get better so here I sit at the bus stop.

Querry1

Querry1

life is unfair, ctb or get away
Aug 16, 2018
I would be dead by 30 anyway, so it would just postpone my plans

Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020
All my problems would be solved.
I'd be happy and not think of ctb

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Yes I would.
But not at the end of September, I would postpone it a bit. And I would think of another ctb method.

Something spectacular like jumping out of the plane wrapped in detonating cord and detonating it. Something like that.

DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I wouldn't, for some time. Dunno how life would go but with my current life I'd be okay.

J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
NO, because i could eradicate the toxic people out of my life, i could travel , meet new people outside of my narrow little pit village, and i i could buy tons and tons of nice substances.
I'd buy N, book a room in NYC for two or three years, and order every hooker on the Internet, then rope.
This is one of the most fantastic replies ive ever read id do the same but buy as much white powder as i could to keep me feeling charged

Last edited:
Hydration

Hydration

science
May 29, 2020
I'd probably just give the money to my mom and then CTB.

Reactions: Jojo81
J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
Yes I would.
But not at the end of September, I would postpone it a bit. And I would think of another ctb method.

Something spectacular like jumping out of the plane wrapped in detonating cord and detonating it. Something like that.
Many years ago a girl in the uk was doing a parachute jump anda guy was having a helicopter lesson in the adjoining field. SHe drifted of course and went stragiht through the blades you could arrange this for yourself

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
It could delay my death for decades but more likely it would prevent it. I am hoping for an UBI that will never come.

I

insurancepolicy

Aug 19, 2020
It would solve my money problems, but other mistakes have been made so I still would ctb. Probably just delay it a bit after traveling a bit and seeing a few things. Only ever been outside of the US once to Central America.

RicRac

RicRac

Aug 15, 2020
There is no way money could fill the emptiness inside me, if only it was so simple.

Reactions: insurancepolicy
LampShadeWax

LampShadeWax

May 1, 2019
I would and that's what worries me. It used to be that I was dissatisfied with life and felt that I wasn't able to achieve things that I wanted but lately I've been feeling more dissolutioned, like it doesn't matter what happens anymore; I'll still want to die.

Reactions: insurancepolicy